Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:
    Bought this morning, not that into sample slicing but if it's good enough for @MonzoPro I'm there will be some utility in it.

I think you'll love it. You could import one of your tracks (or two if you're in AU mode) and completely rejig it using this.

It's a lovely thing, already up there in my top 5 apps.

Dang, I'm at work at the moment. You can import song length samples into it?

Think so, it hasn't rejected anything I've used yet....I'll check though.

• looks cool are there any demo videos?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:
    Bought this morning, not that into sample slicing but if it's good enough for @MonzoPro I'm there will be some utility in it.

I think you'll love it. You could import one of your tracks (or two if you're in AU mode) and completely rejig it using this.

It's a lovely thing, already up there in my top 5 apps.

Dang, I'm at work at the moment. You can import song length samples into it?

Think so, it hasn't rejected anything I've used yet....I'll check though.

Yep - just loaded a five minute track in with no issues.

• Nice App, can't wait for the slice Export function.

• With this out & Troublemaker, I can see "Abstract Techno" making a comeback, like the days of Colin Dale on Kiss FM years back!........

• @VirSyn said:

That was exactly the point. But while playing around with it i put slice export ( together with exporting midi notes for the timing of the slices ) on my own wishlist for the next version.

Slice Export (in a zip file with keyboard note appended to the name of each slice would be a big time saver) and a midi file of the slice notes rhythm would be... well..., the felines lingerie! so that gets a big PLUSONE from me even if it wasn't meant to be the fundamental function of the app. BeatTwirl can be safely retired then :)
    its great the midi notes seem to cycle round the octaves in cubasis so you don't have to worry which octave you do simple note triggers in... but i haven't quite worked out playing the 'crazy' arp stuff from the midi keyboard in cubasis yet.. time for me to rtfm!

• edited January 2017

ok. the fact that it lets you import 5+ minutes of audio is a gamechanger.
    gonna grab it the moment i get home. also. the fact that its au might mean
    that i might totally replace SampLR forever since i can have each instance with different effects.

• edited January 2017

Here's a quick thing I did with it - two AU instances of Reslice playing silly samples, and one of ElasticDrums. All recorded live with no overdubbing so excuse the mix (drums too loud) and lack of variation - though Reslice really lends itself to live tweaking, and you can reset the changes to default to get back to where you started. I should have used Troublemaker as well in this, oh well.

• @Jocphone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Plus it's a doddle to edit slices.

For those of us not living in an Anthony Burgess novel, is this a good thing?

Gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. The trombones crunched redgold under my bed, and behind my gulliver the trumpets three-wise silverflamed, and there by the door the timps rolling through my guts and out again crunched like candy thunder.

Internet of the week award right here.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Jocphone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Plus it's a doddle to edit slices.

For those of us not living in an Anthony Burgess novel, is this a good thing?

Gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. The trombones crunched redgold under my bed, and behind my gulliver the trumpets three-wise silverflamed, and there by the door the timps rolling through my guts and out again crunched like candy thunder.

Internet of the week award right here.

A droog, indeed.

• edited January 2017

Bliss all above now silk,
    Oboe thick then like rarest strings into now,
    like was and my silver offing,
    Flute spun like into thick strings my brother

Mushed up by Liptikl....

• Just bought a new itunes card to buy audio audioEffX and i see this. Hmmm.
    (running to the store buying a new itunes card)

• edited January 2017

This is great fun and a wonderful app. Hopefully it fulfils it's true potential,l but even at this stage theres plenty to get on with!

• @Jose_Bee said:
    This is great fun and a wonderful app. Hopefully it fulfils it's true potentia,l but even at this stage theres plenty to get on with!

Wow. Coming from you (and your devotion to MPC-style beatmaking), I'm officially off the fence.

• edited January 2017

• At the start of this thread I was so happy, I have STROM and Bilbao and don't need another slicer.

And yet, whilst in general I am a fan of @VirSyn apps, iVoxel is one of my top faves of all my audio apps of all time, on the other hand I have been disappointed quite a few times before before with @VirSyn , I have no way of knowing if ReSlicer will become abandonware after release, maybe without even one update as other of their awesome apps have sadly and unexpectedly done before.

So I was really pleased with myself for being able to let this one go by.

Still, the connectivity options of every possible shape and colour were calling my name, really loudly too, but ok, I stayed strong.

And then I saw the video.

And then I heard @MonzoPro 's track.

And then I spent £7.99 on ReSlicer.

Oh well.

Your apps are so much fun, but I'm watching you for updates, @VirSyn , just saying, k? :)

• Look on the bright side, it will be £10 next week even if it's still on sale.

• @decibelle said:
    At the start of this thread I was so happy, I have STROM and Bilbao and don't need another slicer.

And yet, whilst in general I am a fan of @VirSyn apps, iVoxel is one of my top faves of all my audio apps of all time, on the other hand I have been disappointed quite a few times before before with @VirSyn , I have no way of knowing if ReSlicer will become abandonware after release, maybe without even one update as other of their awesome apps have sadly and unexpectedly done before.

Still, the connectivity options of every possible shape and colour were calling my name, really loudly too, but ok, I stayed strong.

Oh well.

Your apps are so much fun, but I'm watching you for updates, @VirSyn , just saying, k? :)

Nice to hear - worried it might put people off :)

@BiancaNeve said:
    Look on the bright side, it will be £10 next week even if it's still on sale.

It's on offer too, so could go up to £14.99 like their other apps, plus the Apple increase could push it up to twenty quid. I like to think I've saved £12, rather than spending £7.99 ;)

• Short finger drumming jam using Reslice with Korg Nanokey studio. I got this going in straight away after loading my sample and connecting the midi controller https://soundcloud.com/jose-bee/reslice-drumming-jam/s-xT77M

• Egoist is still more immediate and fun, but this is really puts the big boy pants on. Time to roll up m'sleeves.

• @MonzoPro said:

@decibelle said:
    At the start of this thread I was so happy, I have STROM and Bilbao and don't need another slicer.

Oh well.

Nice to hear - worried it might put people off :)

@BiancaNeve said:
    Look on the bright side, it will be £10 next week even if it's still on sale.

It's on offer too, so could go up to £14.99 like their other apps, plus the Apple increase could push it up to twenty quid. I like to think I've saved £12, rather than spending £7.99 ;)

Either way, my neuroses and my reality logic are beating each other up in a big beating up party inside my head, with the neuroses trying to convince the reality logic that I'm some kind of appaholic failure for falling off the self-discipline wagon or something, and the reality logic is failing to convice the neuroses that baby goats and doughnuts are a much bigger priority right now..

Ouchies.

Sorry, was that tmi?

Anyhow, thanks for the track @MonzoPro , regardless of my brain-gang beatdown, having a @VirSyn - unaffiliated example of what ReSlicer can turn out was helpful. :)

• The big question for me: How to take (let's say) a four-chord progression of jazz guitar and play the chords into another track in Modstep or Auria. iMPC Pro can do this with midi learn. Egoist can as well. But this is AU. These samples will end up as midi data within Modstep, yes? There's nothing else like this at all, is there?

• @VirSyn said:
    Regarding the sample management: it's all tied to the preset - as long as you don't save it as a preset the sample is not saved anyway.

Now we're talking! I was ready to take the plunge anyways, but this is icing on the cake, nice work.

As for the cake: quality. I think the four head arp sets this app apart from other slicers, as do the effects to a certain degree. The fact that this is an AU app really puts it over the top. Good stuff here!

• edited January 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The big question for me: How to take (let's say) a four-chord progression of jazz guitar and play the chords into another track in Modstep or Auria. iMPC Pro can do this with midi learn. Egoist can as well. But this is AU. These samples will end up as midi data within Modstep, yes? There's nothing else like this at all, is there?

yep. so much fun :D even more fun if you host in AUM and send seperate automation to effects(other au) and notes to the slicer. my tutorial should have explained how. just add CC to the parameters in AUM and automate the same way as the template editor video :)

• Oh wow. Instabuy. I'm sure musical slicing will be a ball but I'm getting this as a drum sample host. Make wav files with a bunch of drum samples and let the slicer do it's thing. Then you have pitch, env and effects control over each slice? Yeah, instabuy!

Export slices will be lovely for use in apps that don't support AU but otherwise this app seems to me to present us opportunity to live a live without individual slices and manual drum kit building.

• And universal? C'mon. Thanks for the work and congrats on the release @VirSyn

• gate doesn't seem to work for me. shame there isn't per track arp automation like addictive pro. saying that I love virsyn apps long time

• edited January 2017

This as AU in AUM + (model 15 + Audioeffx in AUM) on ipad ( both effx on ipad screen + AC Sabre (on sale )in one hand on iphone to control model 15 + couch = WTH!!! :o So much fun I could stay here all day!!! Awesome!

• oh wow, I just got this one. even though I have Egoist, and Sampler.wich i love both. This is the fastest of this of the 3 apps already , it just so fast at getting ideas out. I just opened it, and already feel completely at home with it. This is defiantly my go to sample slicing/playback instrument! Fantastic!

• @eross said:

This is defiantly my go to sample slicing/playback instrument! Fantastic!

Best Freudian autocorrect of the year.