Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• I had never used a slicer before...but loving this! Kudos @VirSyn

• @MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:
    does it have tempo control, what is the slowest bpm it can go down to?

Yeah I can see it on the screen grabs, plus MIDI sync and Link.

Can't see an export slice option but it does so much else I can't resist.

thanks

• @kobamoto said:
    does the app have swing/ negative swing?

It's got 50% - 75% swing and you can change the gate time too.

• @VirSyn said:
    Thank you all for your nice comments :)
    Regarding the sample management: it's all tied to the preset - as long as you don't save it as a preset the sample is not saved anyway. The presets are shared among the AUv3 instrument version and all other ( Audiobus, IAA, stand alone ). If you export a preset you've made from a sample of your own the sample file and the preset file are part of the export mail.

Thank you for making this app - it's made my week!

That's handy to know - means I can muck about loading in samples from Audioshare without worrying about them getting automatically saved as they do in some other apps.

Fantastic app, I'm having a great time with this. Would be wonderful if you updated the Addictive Synth arp with the new section markers too ;)

• @VirSyn said:

@Carnbot said:
    I can see why people want slice export. But this is an instrument not an editor. But perhaps one day....I'd be more interested to see other ways of playing the samples take priority over that in development.

That was exactly the point. But while playing around with it i put slice export ( together with exporting midi notes for the timing of the slices ) on my own wishlist for the next version.

Awesome thanks :)
    I'm getting a few bugs in the Au version. Slicer sensitivity auto mode sometimes works and sometimes gets stuck. Second instance seems not to work with pasted sample unless you are using a preset...if you have 2 AU slicers on screen touching both only gives me audio from the first slicer.

But as a workaround saving a preset in the main app and bringing that up as an AU works. This is going to get a lot of use from me :)

• @kobamoto said:
    so the only programing is arp based, I don't use au so is it worth it stand alone?
    how many tracks does it have?

if you use it as an AU it has as many tracks as your ipad can manage :)

• @Carnbot said:

@kobamoto said:
    so the only programing is arp based, I don't use au so is it worth it stand alone?

I hadn't even thought about running multiple slices via AU. Blimey.

Shuffles off to try it....

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@kobamoto said:

I hadn't even thought about running multiple slices via AU. Blimey.

Shuffles off to try it....

yes a big selling point for me :)

• AUM showing 34% with 3 instances playing on Air2. Not bad

• My Garage band drums won't sound crappy anymore!

@VirSyn some basic filtering on each slice would be awesome. Nothing fancy. But here's my worflow:

Load a beat. chop each drum hit, apply a HP filter on hihat (to remove remaining rumble from kick / snare ) and that's it. Play slices like there's no tomorrow :)

• Does this do timestretch / transpose of the audio, or is timing sync just for the midi triggers ?

• Tempting looking. Question for those who have all the others;- apart from the AU, and the Fugue-like abilities, how does it compare with the slicers in Egoist, Samplr, Strom?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Does this do timestretch / transpose of the audio

Crucial question.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Downloaded and started playing with reslice as an AU. Where's the sync / general settings at? I can trigger the arp via midistep, but maybe I'm missing something / the point here...

This AU looks like it has loads potential, and will now consume me for the next week. Please no-one release anything else in the meantime!!!!! :smiley:

just give KORG a call ...

• @d4d0ug said:
    Please no-one release anything else in the meantime!!!!!

Tomorrow (Thursday) for a Korg announcement...

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Why wouldn't the slices be assigned to pads rather than keys, I wonder?
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I know you're bummed about no slice export, but can you not use this as a midi instrument? What do you need to export the slices for? (Not being caustic; just wondering!)
    This sounds cool to me.

I want to chop a sample into slices and then easily export those slices to pads in Bilbao to use in my Gadget compositions.

Wouldn't Abu Dhabi work for that?

• @Tickletiger said:
    Tempting looking. Question for those who have all the others;- apart from the AU, and the Fugue-like abilities, how does it compare with the slicers in Egoist, Samplr, Strom?

More powerful for me, as I can control envelopes for each slice which makes it a lot more usable. Plus it's a doddle to edit slices.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Crucial question.

You can change the pitch of each slice, doesn't timestretch as far as I can see though.

• Bought this morning, not that into sample slicing but if it's good enough for @MonzoPro I'm there will be some utility in it.

• @MonzoPro said:

Plus it's a doddle to edit slices.

For those of us not living in an Anthony Burgess novel, is this a good thing?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. The trombones crunched redgold under my bed, and behind my gulliver the trumpets three-wise silverflamed, and there by the door the timps rolling through my guts and out again crunched like candy thunder.

• @Jocphone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. The trombones crunched redgold under my bed, and behind my gulliver the trumpets three-wise silverflamed, and there by the door the timps rolling through my guts and out again crunched like candy thunder.

What he said ^

• @Jocphone said:
    Bought this morning, not that into sample slicing but if it's good enough for @MonzoPro I'm there will be some utility in it.

I think you'll love it. You could import one of your tracks (or two if you're in AU mode) and completely rejig it using this.

It's a lovely thing, already up there in my top 5 apps.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Crucial question.

You can change the pitch of each slice, doesn't timestretch as far as I can see though.

• edited January 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

What he said ^

Oh, got it. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:
    Bought this morning, not that into sample slicing but if it's good enough for @MonzoPro I'm there will be some utility in it.

I think you'll love it. You could import one of your tracks (or two if you're in AU mode) and completely rejig it using this.

It's a lovely thing, already up there in my top 5 apps.

Dang, I'm at work at the moment. You can import song length samples into it?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

What he said ^

Worried that I was stating the obvious.

• edited January 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

What he said ^

It's very easy to edit slices - you can make quick changes to panning, pitch, attack etc. and it's dead easy to add/remove/edit slice markers. Lovely UI. Compared to Samplr and Egoist I find it much more user friendly. A zoom option would be handy though, particularly for phone use.