Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• edited January 2017

I expected a few bugs on release. Can't seem to paste in audio on 2nd instance. You can see it but it's still using the sound of the first sample in other AU. Hopefully this'll be updated soon. A few bugs in the AU version but such potential with this. :)

• As a non electronic-genre music guy, I gotta admit this is pretty cool thanks to the arp feature. Now to get good at it

• Honestly

I have not really used Virsyn apps past the first week. Poseidon, Voxsyn, Audioreverb and Tap Delay just didn't work for me. Not their fault, just didn't work out.

Honestly, first impression is this is a First Page app with huge potential for my Beatstep Pro. Super fast reaction time. I am thrilled. Easily a thrill ride for sample manglers like myself. Turned the Arp off and it just became my sound source for programming on the Beatstep Pro. Not on par with Egoist programming, but better than Egoist for my hardware. Well done!

• edited January 2017

so the only programing is arp based, I don't use au so is it worth it stand alone?
    how many tracks does it have?

• Bugs aside: This brings audio into Modstep. How long is the sample time? I'll buy once the video is fixed.

• I like Virsyn apps so I got this in support of the dev. Slicers are not my thing normally. I have enjoyed my first few musings with ReSlice in stand-alone mode driving it with tc-data. Some observations.
    1. Be careful what you import. You can not delete or manage the imported files as far as I can tell.
    2. No way to trim a large imported file or pick where to start slicing on very large imports.
    3. No velocity control via midi to control the volume of the slices dynamically.
    4. For giggles I imported an a large m4a. No complaints from ReSlice. But no slices. No sound.
    5. This could use an empty init patch :wink:

As I said, I am pretty much a novice using slicers but I was interested in the midi control aspect and like the features in this initial version. Will see where it goes.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    I like Virsyn apps so I got this in support of the dev. Slicers are not my thing normally. I have enjoyed my first few musings with ReSlice in stand-alone mode driving it with tc-data. Some observations.
    1. Be careful what you import. You can not delete or manage the imported files as far as I can tell.
    2. No way to trim a large imported file or pick where to start slicing on very large imports.
    3. No velocity control via midi to control the volume of the slices dynamically.
    4. For giggles I imported an a large m4a. No complaints from ReSlice. But no slices. No sound.
    5. This could use an empty init patch :wink:

As I said, I am pretty much a novice using slicers but I was interested in the midi control aspect and like the features in this initial version. Will see where it goes.

wow thanks.... and they want $9 bills for this out the gate?

• @Carnbot said:
    I expected a few bugs on release. Can't seem to paste in audio on 2nd instance. You can see it but it's still using the sound of the first sample in other AU. Hopefully this'll be updated soon. A few bugs in the AU version but such potential with this. :)

So the AUv3 support is as an AU Instrument?

• edited January 2017

Some want specific functionality, some want snogging. I am of the latter. It has the four part arp thing from before and you just go load up the provided guitar sample, fiddle with the arp and octaves and there you have it, snogging. Lovely. Of course it reminds us again of Fugue and, yes, NO DOUBT it needs some polishing viz bugs and -as mentioned- import sample control (start/stop/trim/whatever) maybe; haven't even got to that yet and it's already worth it. To me. I like things that you get to the rush right away with, not from the buying, but the playing. The rush being that feeling of a hundred ideas that you can make and use, BUT, is it for you Senor @kobamoto? I don't believe so. Not yet.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:

It's probably through iTunes, like Poseidon. Or shall I say, a lame way of managing samples, like Poseidon.

• Audioshare import.

• @FlightManual said:
    Audioshare import.

Legit.

• Needs a couple things. But hey, this baby is brand new! Like, just born. Let it breathe!

You will hear this a lot:

Zoom

Trim

Set SLICE SENSITIVITY. I AM YELLINGFOR SOME REASON.

Pick root note/Midi Learn

But this baby was just born. I like it. Hook it up, Virsyn!

• @1P18 said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

It's probably through iTunes, like Poseidon. Or shall I say, a lame way of managing samples, like Poseidon.

Thanks. You are probably right. I don't connect much to iTunes. But it is a bit concerning to allow direct sample import via AudioShare (which is fantastic) with out any way to remove the imported file directly as well.
    Anyways, I am happy with the first iteration of this app. Needs proper midi support though. Simple midi control like velocity and the standard CC controllers for volume etc.

• @FlightManual said:
    Needs a couple things. But hey, this baby is brand new! Like, just born. Let it breathe!

You will hear this a lot:

Zoom

Trim

Set SLICE SENSITIVITY. I AM YELLINGFOR SOME REASON.

Pick root note/Midi Learn

But this baby was just born. I like it. Hook it up, Virsyn!

200 points and a glass of yes.

• I picked a sample from the best thing I've ever done in samplr....and.....

In 5 min I came up with several variations that sound better. :o

Could be a fluke I suppose, but I suspect the four-part Arp makes this very powerful indeed. It's like Samplr and Fugue had a baby.

This could be the beginning of a very nice musical partnership.

• Video fixed here

Looks like another tenner bites the dust.

• edited January 2017

This looks good. However, if Virsyn can make their new app Reslice AUv3 compatible why can't they make Addictive Pro AUv3 compatible too. Maybe an update for Addictive Pro is on the horizon.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Why wouldn't the slices be assigned to pads rather than keys, I wonder?
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I know you're bummed about no slice export, but can you not use this as a midi instrument? What do you need to export the slices for? (Not being caustic; just wondering!)
    This sounds cool to me.

I want to chop a sample into slices and then easily export those slices to pads in Bilbao to use in my Gadget compositions.

• Oh blimey, this looks like an instabuy - the Slicer bit of Egoist on steroids. This is my thing with knobs on.

Not worried about bugs, Virsyn are quick to fix any issues that are reported.

• does it have tempo control, what is the slowest bpm it can go down to?

• @kobamoto said:
    does it have tempo control, what is the slowest bpm it can go down to?

Yeah I can see it on the screen grabs, plus MIDI sync and Link.

Can't see an export slice option but it does so much else I can't resist.

• There goes my new year resolution to build a sampler. That's what I freaking needed. An au sample slicer.
    Thanks VirSyn

• edited January 2017

@Carnbot said:

Not the quickest at fixing bugs unfortunately. I'm still waiting on midi issues to be addressed in earlier apps. But hopefully you're right.

• I can see why people want slice export. But this is an instrument not an editor. But perhaps one day....I'd be more interested to see other ways of playing the samples take priority over that in development.

• Bought - this is so, so good. After a quick play I'd say plus points were:

Envelope shaping per slice - makes this very usable as you can control the attack etc. of each slice.
    Built in FX - these are really good, and it even has a parametric EQ
    Seamless integration with Audioshare - essential for a sample based app
    Instant gratification factor - this is one of those apps where the first play exceeds the excitement of watching the demos and fence sitting. Within a couple of minutes I had a recordable thing made.

Worth mentioning too - is they've tweaked the arp section. In Addictive Pro, I've found it a bit of a faff to edit the start and end points for each sequence on the grid. They've improved this, by adding a couple of arrows to the top of the sequencer and so it's now dead easy to mark up a playable area. Hopefully they'll update Addictive Pro with this.

Next thing to try is using the app in AUM alongside Troublemaker and ElasticDrums. Now there's a thing...happy days!

• yep well done Virsyn :)
    The arp is a magic thing. Long tap on slices button and the other modes bring up random options, slice sensitivity and generic equal slice subdivisions which is missing from Egoist and something I wish that had.

one important thing which needs addressing is you don't have access to samples yet even via itunes or ifunbox....you can delete your preset you make but how do you manage the au samples?

• Thank you all for your nice comments :)
    Regarding the sample management: it's all tied to the preset - as long as you don't save it as a preset the sample is not saved anyway. The presets are shared among the AUv3 instrument version and all other ( Audiobus, IAA, stand alone ). If you export a preset you've made from a sample of your own the sample file and the preset file are part of the export mail.

• @Carnbot said:
    I can see why people want slice export. But this is an instrument not an editor. But perhaps one day....I'd be more interested to see other ways of playing the samples take priority over that in development.

That was exactly the point. But while playing around with it i put slice export ( together with exporting midi notes for the timing of the slices ) on my own wishlist for the next version.

• does the app have swing/ negative swing?