Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Semi OT: DIY Bluetooth foot controller

2»

Comments

• @fauxen said:
    @jc575 where did you get that housing???

Srsly. Hello, handsome.

• @syrupcore said:
    Missed this the first time. Beautiful work! @lukesleepwalker what is the faceplate on yours? painted wood? Chipboard?

It's a thin piece of steel. It'll outlive me for sure.

• That is seriously awesome!

• @fauxen said:
    @jc575 where did you get that housing???

I made it from a single sheet of aluminum (Home Depot = $6). I could have added 2 more switches, but I wanted to be able to fit it in a gig bag.

• @jc575 said:
    Well it was a success!

Is that using iCade components inside??

• Yes, iCade and running Sidecar. In addition, I have my iPad jailbroken. This allows me to use a third part app called "Dissident". This app allows me to run Sidecar in the background and keep my main app "BiasFX" in the foreground. (Hopefully I'm explaining it correctly). Lol

• Impressive, @jc575 !

So it looks like you were able to wire up foot switches to the joystick controls, not just the buttons? I'm trying to figure out how you got ten switches.

• @Hmtx said:
    Impressive, @jc575 !

So it looks like you were able to wire up foot switches to the joystick controls, not just the buttons? I'm trying to figure out how you got ten switches.

Yes, the joystick is just 4 additional switches.

• @jc575 said:
    Yes, iCade and running Sidecar. In addition, I have my iPad jailbroken. This allows me to use a third part app called "Dissident". This app allows me to run Sidecar in the background and keep my main app "BiasFX" in the foreground. (Hopefully I'm explaining it correctly). Lol

Damn, didn't know that I could run sidecar in background on jail broken device. Hmmmm, that is really tempting given that my most used apps don't work in split screen...

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@jc575 said:
    Yes, iCade and running Sidecar. In addition, I have my iPad jailbroken. This allows me to use a third part app called "Dissident". This app allows me to run Sidecar in the background and keep my main app "BiasFX" in the foreground. (Hopefully I'm explaining it correctly). Lol

Damn, didn't know that I could run sidecar in background on jail broken device. Hmmmm, that is really tempting given that my most used apps don't work in split screen...

Dang -- didn't know that either -- that's pretty darned cool. I understand why Apple doesn't want background apps to be able to catch keystrokes, but the use case here is exactly why it should be possible (at least if the user approves it).

• @SecretBaseDesign totally agree. Shame I have to consider jail breaking for this.

• I wish I knew more about the iCade circuit. I would ultimately like to remove (or bypass) the "auto-off" feature and just use a simple on-off switch.