Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget for Mac coming soon

It looks like this hasn't been announced officially yet, but there's a link on Korg's website: http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/011202/

One notable feature:

Comes with "Gadget Plug-in Collection," a magnificent collection of plug-ins that support AU, VST, AAX, and NKS.

I wonder what the price will be.

Comments

• Wow, what a great news!

Hmm, this may mean audio recording is coming to the iOS version too:

* Two new gadgets provide long-awaited audio recording. 

• Hmm. Things afoot or they are just trying to break our heart...

• Wow!!

This is coming as a BIG surprise!!

Even if you're not going to buy this to your Mac, the awating progression to the iOS version is welcome (we must believe that Audio recording Gadget is iOS also)...

2017 - the year that will be the best ever on iOS!
    Bram Bos was first with Troublemaker...

• edited January 2017

Wow. I did not see that coming. I'm guessing that audio will be computer only. For no other reason than we can't have nice things on iOS.

• Didn't see it coming, but I should have. It's a natural. Great news for iOS users, as it should demand feature parity for inter-operability, or at least something resembling it.

• Is that split screen they show on the mac currently available on the iPad Pro? It's a looker.

So is the "MS-20 mini WM". Just a white ms 20? Something more? http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/0112/

• edited January 2017

Reading the bullets, two other things jump out.

• "A new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads. "

and

• The ultimate Gadget collection includes all of the more than 30 gadgets.

That sounds to me like the desktop version comes with all of the IAP gadgets. $99? $129?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wow. I did not see that coming. I'm guessing that audio will be computer only. For no other reason than we can't have nice things on iOS.

Cross-platform compatibility would suggest otherwise ... Looking forward to it a lot in this case:

"With KORG Gadget, you can use the Mac version at home and the iOS version when you are mobile, letting you enjoy a seamless workflow and ideal music production experience"

• Wow that would be awesome!

• Rosario seems to be a guitar effect processor...

• edited January 2017

Meh. I think I'm mostly interested in what this could foresee for the iOS version (that split view on the big iPad would be nice, or the long awaited audio recording mentioned, potential future gadgets, etc.)

... I'm a little underwhelmed, this product works great for the touchscreen, I don't care about it if it means using it with a mouse. What a drag...

It's weird. Jajaja. I just realized that I would be more excited about a version for a Windows laptop/ 2 in 1 (surface pro- surface book), never thought I would think that...

Edit:
    And if these means now everything related to gadget it's going to be macOS first well... what a shame.

• I hope iOS version will get all these goodies too

• Montreal, Madrid? Did I miss these in iOS or are those new?

• @jbvdb said:
    Montreal, Madrid? Did I miss these in iOS or are those new?

Jajaja. There are new gadgets on those pictures for sure... but those are not...

• It seems they're branching away from purely electronic stuff lately. That sure looks like they're adding guitars (karplus strong modelling with guitar effects built in?) and more rock oriented instruments.

• @brambos said:
    It seems they're branching away from purely electronic stuff lately. That sure looks like they're adding guitars (karplus strong modelling with guitar effects built in?) and more rock oriented instruments.

I'm hoping that Rosario Gadget is in fact an audio-input guitar effects app. Would love to be able to record some guitar riffs over some of my Gadget tracks.

• Have a look at this one. There's Ableton Live on the far left monitor with what seems like some gadgets working like VSTs

• It says in the very first post they will be available as VSTs :)

• Coolio B) cant wait for this dropping on PC :)

• Holly shit!
    I don't know if I'm excited about Gadget on the Mac or the Guitar Amp simulator and Sound Recorder!

• Also, am I reading this correctly?
    "* A new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads. "

• edited January 2017

Seamless integration implies that the new gadgets will be available on IOS - and they have long promised audio tracks. So audio tracks and a guitar effects processor - I am very excited for that! It will make the Gadget environment much more complete.

• Looks like maybe it's another effects Gadget, like the new Rosario guitar one shown in the other photo. It has waveforms rather than midi.

• The best thing for me. Seems to support Allihoopa. Finally the first third party that will have access to Allihoopa besides Figure and Reason :)

• My poor wallet...

• The most interesting thing for me are those little "All Ins/Master" switches on top of the mixer that seem to indicate, that you may be able to merge different tracks and that you might be able to record straight in other gadgets (Bibao and Abu Dhabi would be the obvious candidates) as well. Also, that 16 Pad drum gadget sounds like it's perfect for slicing up drum loops.

• @MonzoPro said:
    My poor wallet...

Yeah, those bastards, forcing us to buy stuff like that. I'd far prefer to be given the choice, if only there was free will.