Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper/Aleph Looper 2.1 update -- more loops, Launchpad, and MIDI fixes! And morestickers!

Comments

• @aaronpc said:

@ecamburn said:
    Does Infinite Looper allow for variable loop length? Does it do non 4/4 time signatures?

Yes on loop length. No on time signatures. That one's kind of a sticky wicket if you think about it— jumbling different signatures in an a la carte system like this. But it's an important thing to support in any serious composing environment, imo. Hopefully it can make it's way onto the roadmap soon.

Thanks. On the video, under modify, it looks like loop length options are all for changing the length of a loop defined by a 4/4 bar. Is there a way to change the number of beats/step per bar?

• @SecretBaseDesign Will there be AU support in the future for Aleph Looper? It wouldmake the app the absolute No One midi editor on iPhone.

• @ecamburn said:

@aaronpc said:

@ecamburn said:
    Does Infinite Looper allow for variable loop length? Does it do non 4/4 time signatures?

Yes on loop length. No on time signatures. That one's kind of a sticky wicket if you think about it— jumbling different signatures in an a la carte system like this. But it's an important thing to support in any serious composing environment, imo. Hopefully it can make it's way onto the roadmap soon.

Thanks. On the video, under modify, it looks like loop length options are all for changing the length of a loop defined by a 4/4 bar. Is there a way to change the number of beats/step per bar?

The main "unit" for the app is the measure, and it's going to stay that way to keep my head from exploding. Things are currently set up for four beats to the measure, and you can toggle on triplet mode (so that the quantization increments are 4 -- for the quarter notes, then 12 (triplets for each quarter note), then 24). I'll likely add in support for different numbers of beats per measure -- that's not too hard to do. But if you're going for Pink Floyd alternating 7/4 - 5/4 - 3/5 weirdness, that's not in the cards. Handling changing time signatures is just too much of a headache.

• @mannix said:
    @SecretBaseDesign Will there be AU support in the future for Aleph Looper? It wouldmake the app the absolute No One midi editor on iPhone.

AU support, and internal routing for effects, are in the plans. Not sure on the time frame for this, but it should happen this year, probably before summer.

• +1 For Aleph AU support. Would make a lovely portable midi sketch pad :)

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@mannix said:
    @SecretBaseDesign Will there be AU support in the future for Aleph Looper? It wouldmake the app the absolute No One midi editor on iPhone.

AU support, and internal routing for effects, are in the plans. Not sure on the time frame for this, but it should happen this year, probably before summer.

Can't wait for Aleph AU support
    Thx! Your app support and communication is really amazing :smile:

• edited January 2017

Would be nice if lauchpad right column of buttons had the basic functions of IL so one could record/play/stop loops of different lenght, undo, and change active track without even touching the ipad.

• Took three flights back to Austin today VG-St. Thomas-Atlanta-ATX playing with IL almost all of the way....good stuff,.

• edited January 2017

@Philippe said:
    Would be nice if lauchpad right column of buttons had the basic functions of IL so one could record/play/stop loops of different lenght, undo, and change active track without even touching the ipad.

Also use them to access pages other than clip launching, like in the Launchpad app where you can access a mixer view for level control etc....
    If I am using launchpad to control an app, I really want to be able to pretty much do everything on the Launchpad rather than having to swap between Launchpad and screen, otherwise I end up just using the screen for the most part.

• edited January 2017

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@aaronpc said:

@ecamburn said:

The main "unit" for the app is the measure, and it's going to stay that way to keep my head from exploding. Things are currently set up for four beats to the measure, and you can toggle on triplet mode (so that the quantization increments are 4 -- for the quarter notes, then 12 (triplets for each quarter note), then 24). I'll likely add in support for different numbers of beats per measure -- that's not too hard to do. But if you're going for Pink Floyd alternating 7/4 - 5/4 - 3/5 weirdness, that's not in the cards. Handling changing time signatures is just too much of a headache.

I couldn't find triplet mode.....until i saw this and then looked further......the toggle quarter/Triplet option is not obvious as to whether it changes anything as the options are greyed when the pop up is on screen and the text has the same state regardless of which mode you are in, maybe having option buttons on the pop up would make this clearer ?

Also is it possible to disable Quantisation completely ?

• I just noticed something...when using the Audio to Midi to display notes on the keyboard, the keys stay highlighted after you stop the Audio to Midi, only exiting the app seems to clear them.

Also, recording into a clip from onscreen keys and chords seems to have stopped working for me ? Not messed around loads to try and get it back as was on my lunch hour.

I'll try again later this evening. :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I just noticed something...when using the Audio to Midi to display notes on the keyboard, the keys stay highlighted after you stop the Audio to Midi, only exiting the app seems to clear them.

Also, recording into a clip from onscreen keys and chords seems to have stopped working for me ? Not messed around loads to try and get it back as was on my lunch hour.

I'll try again later this evening. :)

Ahhh -- I know what's happening with the audio to MIDI -- the keyboard receives incoming MIDI, to show which keys to light up, and I'm betting this is sort of a "stuck note" from the audio-to-midi code. Keys get turned on, and then if you toggle off audio-to-midi, the keys never get turned back off. I'll nail this in the next update; the plan is to have this functionality to also "watch" the notes in a loop, so that if you've played something you like, you can see what you did easily.

The keys and pads don't record into a loop when you're in piano roll mode -- a couple of pain-in-the-butt technical reasons for this. But things should record if you're looking at the loop screen.

Also -- for selecting MIDI CC controls on the piano roll -- you can tap the +/- button to move through them one at a time, or touch on the name of the control and swipe left or right (to move quickly). This is not at all obvious; I just don't have a better way to do this right now, that will fit onto both the iPad and iPhone screens cleanly -- but I'll try to fix it up a bit.

Ahhh -- I know what's happening with the audio to MIDI -- the keyboard receives incoming MIDI, to show which keys to light up, and I'm betting this is sort of a "stuck note" from the audio-to-midi code. Keys get turned on, and then if you toggle off audio-to-midi, the keys never get turned back off. I'll nail this in the next update; the plan is to have this functionality to also "watch" the notes in a loop, so that if you've played something you like, you can see what you did easily.

No biggie on this one...just thought I'd let you know...

The keys and pads don't record into a loop when you're in piano roll mode -- a couple of pain-in-the-butt technical reasons for this. But things should record if you're looking at the loop screen.

I have now sussed this out....If you select a different column header then the recording stops, so for record you need both the column header selected AND the clip highlighted orange....Now I know it is fine :)

• Got a new toy in the mail this afternoon. Very well behaved toy! I should have the pads lighting up in the next day or two.

• Quicknrefresher please, how do i export a project to inf looper on iPad from iPhone.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Quicknrefresher please, how do i export a project to inf looper on iPad from iPhone.

Go to the file tab, select the project you want to export, and press "export project." Airdrop browser should open up -- and if you've got the other device turned on, unlocked, and Airdrop ready -- it should show up, and you just tap on it to send the file. On the other device, a menu will pop up, asking where you want to send the file (select Infinite/Aleph as appropriate). Be careful with file naming, and where you send copies -- right now, a new file will step on an old one with the same name (on the list of UI things I should clean up).

• Awesome thanks!!!
    Got a really nice groove going with Sensual Sax and Soft Drummer ! Can't wait for Session Drummer to sync up!

• Is it possible to add an auto-length recording option? Meaning that the recording will never stop until pressing the rec button . Then the recorded performance would auto loop.
    It would be easier than setting manually ,for each loop ,the length before recording :)

• Please? I find I have to always go back and edit out measures killin my workflow. Please? Extra heavy duty coffee on the way :D

@Korakios said:
    Is it possible to add an auto-length recording option? Meaning that the recording will never stop until pressing the rec button . Then the recorded performance would auto loop.
    It would be easier than setting manually ,for each loop ,the length before recording :)

• Loving this app. I dunno how i did it but i had it so it was playing both Magellan and Beathawk at the same time on my KMI K board so I could play a drum beat and a synth hit at once. I dunno if this is a common feature and im just dense AF to have only stumbled upon it now, but its great!

• edited January 2017

Magellan and Beathawk were prob set to the same midi in channel (1most likely). You can start up more synth apps running at same time set to receive on ch 1 also to get bigger sounds too

• @Halftone said:
    Magellan and Beathawk were prob set to the same midi in channel (1most likely). You can start up more synth apps running at same time set to receive on ch 1 also to get bigger sounds too

Thanks! Im midistupid so this is all news to me. Im gonna have a blast

• @Halftone said:

Thanks! Im midistupid so this is all news to me. Im gonna have a blast

Sometimes my best moments are when I screw up the channels and start triggering unexpected sounds.

When you have Gadget receiving on multiple channels and iM1 running some monster multi the possibilities for both happy accidents and a complete car crash are endless.

Love this thing.

Got a new toy in the mail this afternoon. Very well behaved toy! I should have the pads lighting up in the next day or two.

:) Nice......which model did you get, is it the MKII (RGB version) ?

• Does IL have MIDI cc recording? can't figure that out.

• @crifytosp said:
    Does IL have MIDI cc recording? can't figure that out.

Yes, you have to enable it in the settings (gear icon on centre menu bar) under Automation

• edited January 2017

thanks! does this work with inter app midi?

edit: yes it does, great!

• IL is listed on the MidiBus page as a MidiBus powered app. Is it possible to start IL playing from MidiBus? I can't get it to work.
    Or is it possible to set IL up to send midi clock start?

• @ecamburn said:

@aaronpc said:

@ecamburn said:

+1
    please let us freely set start & end loop points per step... not locked to bars
    otherwise love the app!

• @White said:
    IL is listed on the MidiBus page as a MidiBus powered app. Is it possible to start IL playing from MidiBus? I can't get it to work.
    Or is it possible to set IL up to send midi clock start?

There is MidiBus under the hood, but no start and stop support in the current version -- this is something that should happen in the next update or two. The tricky part is that there's Ableton Link, Audiobus, IAA, and MIDI start/stop protocols, and getting them all to play nice and do something that's "logical" is a little bit tricky.