Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Screen Recording for iOS?

Hey all, wondering is someone has had a similar need and found a solution. Basically I am going to be making some videos showing an iPhone app in action. In the studio it's no big deal, I can use Screenflow to record both the audio and video of what I'm doing.

But is there an app that runs in the background that can do the same thing directly on the phone? These will be short vids so I'm not worried about battery life, just trying to think of a way capture this natively with the iPhone or at worst if I bring the iPad. Really would like to avoid having to cart the laptop with me if I can.

Comments

• Someone should develop an app with replaykit linked to airplay that apples doesn't kick off from the apsstore.

Short answer: I don't know but I still search.

• I was thinking today about why there isn't any screen capture app for the ipad - it'd make screencasts so much easier. Then I wondered why there aren't for the Apple TV 4. Then it occurred to me that it is probably all down to fear of making piracy easier.

• An app like that would allow screen capture of everything including rented videos. I'm not sure Apple would be too keen.

• Boo hiss for rented videos! Good point though, I didn't think of it from that angle.

• I've not tried this but it might be worth a try...

• @Samu said:
    I've not tried this but it might be worth a try...

I've downloaded but not try it yet since is social network based (and I'm lazy as hell) but if it can save to camera roll it will do the job.

• edited January 2017

So it needs the app support Replay kit...
    https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/rz/qozcvdqtchft.png

• @Dubbylabby said:
    So it needs the app support Replay kit...
    https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/rz/qozcvdqtchft.png

Only if you plant to 'stream' game-play...
    It should able to record the screen as usual (can't install it on my Air 2 iOS10.2 for some odd reason).

• edited January 2017

Rechecked and it doesn't seem capable of stream nothing out of that list but your camera and so (like any streaming app)

Do you know how to?

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Let me recheck but it doesn't seems a button for that...

In the linked video he's recording the standard screen with icons and everything.
    It needs two apps from what I can see.

• Ok then I will check related apps. Fingers crossed.

• Quick test, seems ok with that app, very interesting. I feel kinda dirty for allowing a non-registered app to access screen recording and mic audio.

It doesn't know how to handle audio, not being AB compatible, but you would just have to sync it up with an AudioShare recording. So... maybe a viable option.

Also, it only needs one app, link from the video at 1:20

• @Hmtx said:
    Quick test, seems ok with that app, very interesting. I feel kinda dirty for allowing a non-registered app to access screen recording and mic audio.

It doesn't know how to handle audio, not being AB compatible, but you would just have to sync it up with an AudioShare recording. So... maybe a viable option.

It is supposed to record 'system audio' too as long as it's sent over airplay.
    I've tried to install on my Air 2 iOS10.2 but it's a no go so I can't do any further testing :(

• @Samu said:

@Hmtx said:

It is supposed to record 'system audio' too as long as it's sent over airplay.

I saw that as well, but it wasn't working for me

• @Hmtx said:
    Quick test, seems ok with that app, very interesting. I feel kinda dirty for allowing a non-registered app to access screen recording and mic audio.

Yup it's a non appstore app so that's how it makes magic ;)
    It works and if you use a clapperboard (or just a clap) it should be easy to sync audios.

Thanks to point to this @Samu. I was downloading apps and researching without luck. Now we have a new tool for vlogcast and new knowledge about non-appstore-utilities howto without jailbreak.

Cheers!

• I will prefer pro stylus instead of.