Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper/Aleph Looper 2.1 update -- more loops, Launchpad, and MIDI fixes! And morestickers!

Comments

• Just a few small requests:

• It seems that the 'Internal Synth/ IAA' toggles revert to on when reopening a project where they had been disabled.
    • It would be handy to have the patterns for each instrument automatically numbered from 1 to 8, as when an individual pattern column is scrolled up it is easy to lose context as to where you are in the index. (Even better would be nameable patterns).
  • @Arpseechord said:
    Finished a song to my liking. Can only export it in midi format to Audioshare. Within Infinite Looper I can't export the audio of the song because it keeps crashing. Would like to put it in Aum to enhance it a bit with ddmf eq . Ok I clicked some of the wave files and sent them to audioshare but they are either a single instrument or a small quick soundbite or no signal at all......confused customer here :D
    Ipad mini 2 retina

You could load up Infinite Looper directly in AUM, then apply the FX live rather than going through all that trouble.

• @wim said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Finished a song to my liking. Can only export it in midi format to Audioshare. Within Infinite Looper I can't export the audio of the song because it keeps crashing. Would like to put it in Aum to enhance it a bit with ddmf eq . Ok I clicked some of the wave files and sent them to audioshare but they are either a single instrument or a small quick soundbite or no signal at all......confused customer here :D
    Ipad mini 2 retina

You could load up Infinite Looper directly in AUM, then apply the FX live rather than going through all that trouble.

Ah yes thank you, I just saw that ! I'm new to this and I'm learning as I go.
    Cheers

• @syrupcore said:
    Thanks for looking it Launchpad (etc) support! Think the main thing will be to support clip/slot selection via MIDI. The rest is already baked in, I think.

I would love Launchpad support!

• wimwim
    edited January 2017

@Arpseechord said:

@wim said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Ipad mini 2 retina

Cheers

Yeh, there are a million twists and turns with iOS music making.

• @wim said:

@Arpseechord said:

@wim said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Ipad mini 2 retina

Cheers

Yeh, there are a million twists and turns with iOS music making.

Just trying to keep it basic is a chore!

• I cant seem to be able to send midi to Sensual Sax app. I really wanna use iL's keyboard. Anyone figured it out?

• Was able to get Navichord to work. Please help really wanna use IL's keyboard and mod wheel

• @busker said:

• It would be handy to have the patterns for each instrument automatically numbered from 1 to 8, as when an individual pattern column is scrolled up it is easy to lose context as to where you are in the index. (Even better would be nameable patterns).

Would appreciate numbering as well. Something tiny in the corner or large, centered and like 10-15% opacity.

Along those lines, would appreciate a setting for something like "two finger scroll == scroll all together". Or two finger swipe might even work.

• Some other minor requests. Minor as in personal priority, not scope of work!

• On the small screen, remove the gear icon from the track header and make the entire space the target.
    • When entering the piano roll, either automatically bring any existing notes into view or include a feature where double tapping on the the overview in the top left does the same.
    • Drag left/right on the piano roll note header to zoom in/out
    • MIDI bindings for track multipliers
    • Tap tempo
    • Double tap to reset mixer controls
  • edited January 2017

@syrupcore said

• On the small screen, remove the gear icon from the track header and make the entire space the target.

Yes, forgot this one! I keep touching the track name to configure a track.

Another vote for tap tempo as well.

• Touching the track header selects which track receives MIDI input -- whether you're in record or not. When I'm goofing around, I've got a couple of loops going, and then I play stuff on top of it (that doesn't get looped).

I could move the track configuration to be under the app-configuration dialog (the one opened up by the gear in the lower black bar).... Not sure if this would confuse people or not. Or maybe the track-configure gear could go onto the mixer (ok, double-tap to recenter, stuff like that -- good idea).

In terms of how people are using it... Are folks setting things up so that a row of loops go together? I'm usually scattered all over the place -- but I've never used Ableton, other than for testing apps, so I don't have a clue what standard practice is....

I'll be a proud owner of a Launchpad shortly, though -- planning a big jump into DJing raves.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:
    Touching the track header selects which track receives MIDI input -- whether you're in record or not.

Ah right, not sure why I forgot that. Guess I'll just have to try and break the habit of clicking on the name to configure a track.

• @busker said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:
    Touching the track header selects which track receives MIDI input -- whether you're in record or not.

Ah right, not sure why I forgot that. Guess I'll just have to break the habit of trying to click on the name to configure a track.

• Is anyone having success getting an external midi keyboard to work with the scales here in infinite looper? My workflow would explode if this is a possibility

• edited January 2017

@busker said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

Ah right, not sure why I forgot that. Guess I'll just have to try and break the habit of clicking on the name to configure a track.

Same! My request came from wanting to see more of the track title. I guess a long press or double tap could work to open the config but it's pretty clear as is. Think it should stay the way it is now. Truncated titl... is very much preferable to putting track config toggle on a separate screen.

Thanks for the explanation, sorry for the noise and good luck with the raves!

• DJ Prototypical Inheritance?

• edited January 2017

@SecretBaseDesign said:
    In terms of how people are using it... Are folks setting things up so that a row of loops go together? I'm usually scattered all over the place -- but I've never used Ableton, other than for testing apps, so I don't have a clue what standard practice is....

I'll be a proud owner of a Launchpad shortly, though -- planning a big jump into DJing raves.

I tend to work in rows...that way I can DJ my way wherever I want and be able to get back to the main groove by ending up back on a row.
    This was hinted at by apps like Modstep which have a scene launch button which plays an entire row.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

I tend to work in rows...that way I can DJ my way wherever I want and be able to get back to the main groove by ending up back on a row.
    This was hinted at by apps like Modstep which have a scene launch button which plays an entire row.

Could you use the song arranger to do what you need? If you're in loop mode, you can still have a bunch of loops selected, and turn them into a "section" -- and then when you tap on the section in the arranger, it turns on and off all the appropriate loops.

Now this I gotta see.

@AndyPlankton said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

Could you use the song arranger to do what you need? If you're in loop mode, you can still have a bunch of loops selected, and turn them into a "section" -- and then when you tap on the section in the arranger, it turns on and off all the appropriate loops.

Yes I probably could, and I intend to, but I haven't got that far into it yet, that was what got my interest actually but I saw it as a way of getting some form of song structure together that was easily re-callable as opposed to live performance.

I guess I have got used to the only 1 pad playing per column that is in ModStep and the launchpad app.

If when you look at Launchpad you use 6 x 8 pad you'll have 2 columns of pads left as well as the function buttons....so perhaps map the spare pads to song sections ? that would work kinda nice.

• edited January 2017

@AndyPlankton said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

Yes I probably could, and I intend to, but I haven't got that far into it yet, that was what got my interest actually but I saw it as a way of getting some form of song structure together that was easily re-callable as opposed to live performance.

I guess I have got used to the only 1 pad playing per column that is in ModStep and the launchpad app.

If when you look at Launchpad you use 6 x 8 pad you'll have 2 columns of pads left as well as the function buttons....so perhaps map the spare pads to song sections ? that would work kinda nice.

^ was going to be my suggestion exactly. Only work for the first 8 (or maybe 16?) slots but that'd still be very cool. Whatever mapping capability that was set in place to support that would also make it possible to sequence song sections externally. Sequencerborus.

• @syrupcore said:

@AndyPlankton said:

^ was going to be my suggestion exactly.

:)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I think we're all on the same page here! I've been talking to Dan from MIDI Designer, and Nic from Audeonic (they're my partners in the musicIO/PowerTrio stuff), and it sounds like Launchpad support should be a no-brainer. With luck, I'll have this going in a week or two.

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I think we're all on the same page here! I've been talking to Dan from MIDI Designer, and Nic from Audeonic (they're my partners in the musicIO/PowerTrio stuff), and it sounds like Launchpad support should be a no-brainer. With luck, I'll have this going in a week or two.

That would be super swift :)
    One request.....maybe for a later iteration as the control is the important thing of course but, for those of us with RGB launchpads being able to configure the colours of pads via the clips really would help with navigating around the individual loops, Again I have got used to the colours that both blocs wave and the launchpad app use, Blue for Bass, green for drums etc....It is much better than using the red amber green of the non RGB pads. The colour is controlled by sending different velocities to the pad on the correct note for the individual pad so shouldn't be too tricky, the Launchpad developers guide has all the values in it ;)

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Oh, right! Good partners to have when you have MIDI questions, eh?

• @syrupcore said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@syrupcore said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Oh, right! Good partners to have when you have MIDI questions, eh?

Indeed, with these 3 on the case 2 days should be enough time, let alone 2 weeks ;)

• Does Infinite Looper allow for variable loop length? Does it do non 4/4 time signatures?

it sounds like Launchpad support should be a no-brainer.

I don't know what all this entails, but I use a Quneo, so please make sure it can use standard midi assignments too. thx

• @ecamburn said:
    Does Infinite Looper allow for variable loop length? Does it do non 4/4 time signatures?

Yes on loop length. No on time signatures. That one's kind of a sticky wicket if you think about it— jumbling different signatures in an a la carte system like this. But it's an important thing to support in any serious composing environment, imo. Hopefully it can make it's way onto the roadmap soon.