Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Yes but this thing (MPC X) seems to have everything without the needs for a computer.

• Yeah, but for that money you could get a new computer and more. Not feelin it.

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    Yes but this thing (MPC X) seems to have everything without the needs for a computer.

Exactly.
    That, and it it won't get outdated anywhere near as soon as the next Mac OS/iOS.
    Those are the primary reasons(re. excuses) I want a hardware solution.

• edited January 2017

Sweetwater listed them with prices and product descriptions:

MPCX: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCX

MPC live: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCLive

MPCX costs 2199usd and live 1199.

• The live is standalone has a battery etc good insight here:

• I'm happy with my touch and surface book - make a great pair

• edited January 2017

Demo & overview video of mpcx

And MPC live

• @ToMess said:
    Sweetwater listed them with prices and product descriptions:

MPCX: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCX

MPC live: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPCLive

MPCX costs 2199usd and live 1199.

Impressive :o

Well Is always about how you make music. If you are a hardware guy MPC X is a wet dream

• edited January 2017

@Ivan_Dj said:
    Impressive :o

Well Is always about how you make music. If you are a hardware guy MPC X is a wet dream

Yea that mpcx looks really nice. Would be a very nice combo with ipad(with dedicated audio interface with midi ports on it) and some 49+ key midi keyboard.

• Calm down, guys - it's still a Nukai product ;)

• Oh man. It does look awesome :D. I want it but must avoid at all costs lol. @5pinlink Circuit pro would be incredible!

• Come on Beathawk 2.... We need you now , more than EVER!

• I'll never be able to sell my Yamaha QY700 at this rate!

• edited January 2017

Sweet euphemisms, the MPC X is beyond. I'll never be able to justify the cost but

16 touch-sensitive 360° assignable pots (Q- Links) with OLED displays

is the sort of thing I've been waiting to see for a decade (on any controller).

Wonder if they'll ever release a standalone version of the 16 knobs with scribble strips as a companion to the LIVE or TOUCH.

Jack, you're still a bastard.

• @nrgb said:

jesus, that's bad music. I know it's subjective, but...

• @Telstar5 said:
    Come on Beathawk 2.... We need you now , more than EVER!

Good things come to those who wait, or at least so I've been told.

I don't even have a desire to buy new 'hardware'. I'm all about the apps and software now days...

• Thanks Samu.. 'Cause I'll tell ya.. I really needed to hear that just now .. That does look sweet, though...

• It will worth the wait, Beathawk 2 looks great.

• I had the MPC Touch and it was awesome. I just couldn't get along with the software on the mac.
    The standalone is my wish come true. Added bonus: it works with the included MPC 2.0 as a controller

• Its supporting Ableton Link in the next software update!! They both have WiFi antenna's built in. I think I'm going to get the live, with Link this just became the greatest companion to my iPad music studio :smiley:

• Want. No way I'm ever going to own this thing though.

• Well. Never gonna say never but i have tried the all-hardware thing a few times. I see the appeal, it's just way harder to do anything. I'm spoiled by big screens, and options and integrated dropbox/email etc.

• @vpich said:
    Well. Never gonna say never but i have tried the all-hardware thing a few times. I see the appeal, it's just way harder to do anything. I'm spoiled by big screens, and options and integrated dropbox/email etc.

I flip flop back and forth, but then I go listen to the music I made when I was just using hardware and there's something different about it. I struggle these days to sit in front of my DAW as I work in IT and I hate coming home and sitting in front of the computer. But everyone is different.

I have a great rack of mastering compressors and eq plugins and I love the multi outs on these new Mpc's.

Workflow:
    Create loops on my iPad, sample to Mpc, create song structure and composition, track into my daw to master..

I'm really excited about this, if you can't tell :smiley:

Going to list a gang of gear on eBay tonight, should be able to raise enough for the live

• @Tommygun said:
    Calm down, guys - it's still a Nukai product ;)

This is the truest comment here, thanks for the reality check :smiley: :disappointed:

• @mireko_2 said:

@Tommygun said:

This is the truest comment here, thanks for the reality check :smiley: :disappointed:

Maybe stupid question, but what is Nukai?

• @mannix said:

@mireko_2 said:

@Tommygun said:

Akai used to be amazing with the quality of their hardware and quite good with their standalone software, then they fell on hard times and Numark bought Akai. The machines released after this merger had quality control problems and OS bugs that never got fixed.
    This new Mpc will hopefully not have the same corner cutting as the mpc5000 but who knows? Nukai have released many crap products under the Akai brand name, but I'm hoping they wouldn't do it with their most iconic product line (again)

• edited January 2017

Nukai it is. just another product waiting to be discontinued by them.

• @mireko_2 said:

@mannix said:

@mireko_2 said:

@Tommygun said:

Akai used to be amazing with the quality of their hardware and quite good with their standalone software, then they fell on hard times and Numark bought Akai. The machines released after this merger had quality control problems and OS bugs that never got fixed.
    This new Mpc will hopefully not have the same corner cutting as the mpc5000 but who knows? Nukai have released many crap products under the Akai brand name, but I'm hoping they wouldn't do it with their most iconic product line (again)

thx for the explantion, so sort of electronic musicians slang :smiley: