Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper/Aleph Looper 2.1 update -- more loops, Launchpad, and MIDI fixes! And morestickers!

Comments

• @SecretBaseDesign is there a way to erase imported MIDI files ? I have done a lot of tests and now I have to clean this a bit. By the way, thank you for this update. IL was already my favorite app, now it is even better...and I am also looking forward to the debug of the MIDI import trouble you mentioned above. For example, I am not able to import a MIDI file created on the app "suggester" directly in IL. If it works, this would be an interesting workflow imho

• edited January 2017

Just bought Infinite Looper as the demo looks good. Is there a trick to getting it to work with a BT midi keyboard (Korg Microkey Air 37)?
    Thanks,
    Rich

[update]
    Working now I closed some other apps

• Went ahead and grabbed this last night. I was immediately able to get a nice groove going with Magellan. Killer app that will help my music making immensely.

• @SecretBaseDesign the new keyboard features also make me want note/scale folding in the editor. At your leisure.

• Ok gang, let's get some videos and tutorials going. While SBD is showing us what the app can physically do in his videos, we know you all are making some serious grooves and have it all figured out already. I want to learn this thing from all you masters!

• Hmm... app store is not letting me buy via the bundle.

It shows I had purchased Voxkit previously and gives me the 'complete my bundle' price but when hitting 'buy bundle' tab it's just flashing green momentarily and does nothing.

It took me previously to the 'You have bought one app of this bundle previously' dialog' then 'view offer' but no joy.

• no luck on desktop app store either...

• @SpookyZoo said:
    no luck on desktop app store either...

Yeah -- I've been getting a number of emails about this. Some people have been able to buy the bundle, others have had no luck, and I have no idea why. I don't see anything broken in iTunes, and I've got a support request into them to try to sort it out.

• edited January 2017

@SecretBaseDesign Thanks for the follow up Patrick.

Congrats on V2 btw, look forward to using it.

• Is something funky happening with the sale price in Canada? $10 USD sale price turns into $21 CDN

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@busker said:

@JonLewis said:
    @SecretBaseDesign how close are we to getting an Undo button when in the loop editing screen?

I'd love to see this as well, it's the one feature I was surprised not to find. Without undo it becomes more dangerous to play around with quantize etc.

I finally picked this up yesterday and I'm glad I did. I was worried it would be redundant as I already own Modstep, Genome, ProMidi etc., but there are a few key features that make this app worthwhile. The song mode is great, and the ease of use and logical/intuitive workflow means I can get things done very quickly with little mental overhead. I can see myself using this quite a bit even if it lacks some of the advanced features of other MIDI sequencers.

Undo almost made it into 2.0, should be in 2.1. I can also do the playhead indicator in the scrolling area, and a few other things. A couple of things are done already -- I have more loops for Johnny, and I fixed the MIDI import to handle files that come out of iRealB. I'd like to get the groove mode done (almost made it for 2.0 as well) -- it lets you play continuously, dropping new loops into what's essentially a take folder -- so just let it run, play and record away, and then grab the takes that you like.

Hubba hubba.

• Anyone have any luck getting Infinite looper working with iSpark? No luck here.

• Works for me. I set iSpark as the IAA instrument, configured the same MIDI channel in iSpark and under "Configure External MIDI > iSpark Notes In", made sure is enabled (always forget to set that little check mark...), then played notes starting at C5 on the keyboard. No issues.

• Thanks needed to configure iSpark notes in.

• @SecretBaseDesign

Is there a way to control another app's start/stop feature from Infinite Looper?
    Or start Infinite Looper play from MidiBus?

• Have just started to do some sketching and I'm really impressed with this app. Glad I got it

• @Arpseechord said:
    Have just started to do some sketching and I'm really impressed with this app. Glad I got it

Pretty ain't it? :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Have just started to do some sketching and I'm really impressed with this app. Glad I got it

Pretty ain't it? :)

Been out on a few dates, not quite going steady yet but I sense a possible marriage here :)

• My favorite IOS onboard keyboard with scales!!!

• Don't forget to update your reviews an the App Store everyone. They go dark after every new version.

• @wim said:
    Don't forget to update your reviews an the App Store everyone. They go dark after every new version.

Yup. Good call.

• @wim said:
    Don't forget to update your reviews an the App Store everyone. They go dark after every new version.

Heading there now

• @SecretBaseDesign Any plans for grid controller support? Would love to point something like a launch pad/circuit at IL for quick clip selection. Buttons would default to play unless record had been toggled. Even something like a cheap used Korg nanokontrol v2 has enough buttons to be a great direct clip controller (channel buttons could map to loops 1-3).

https://us.novationmusic.com/novation-launchpad-comparison
    http://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/nanokontrol2/

columns 7+8 on either could do other stuff. In the case of the Korg, perhaps it could 'focus' the next set of three loops, for instance.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:

Yup. Good call.

Indeed. Also, comments here wouldn't hurt. :) http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/01/07/infinite-looper-adds-pitch-to-midi-loop-creation/

• I appreciate all the support, folks! A couple of things -- if you've put together something interesting, and would be willing to share it with the world, bounce me a copy (and stick whatever ownership info you want into the notepad -- credit or anonymity, your call). I'm going to start an "example song" section on the app web page, and I will probably have a tab in the app to promote featured content. FAWM is coming up, and I'm going to be dogfooding all month long.

At present, no way to remove MIDI files except iTunes file sharing -- I'll add that in the next update. And I'll check out the Launchpad, and see what I can do to support it -- shouldn't be too hard.

And unrelated -- Dan from MIDI Designer had sent me a couple of MD stickers that I thought were pretty cool; he has been doing them for promotion for a few years. That got me thinking, so I had some Infinite stickers made -- if you message me your (physical mail) address, I'll send you a few.

• edited January 2017

Too cool. I've been the last guy in Austin to have a laptop without a sticker on it. Maybe my problem is solved. This could entirely change my coffee shop status/life from here on out... :)

• Thanks for looking it Launchpad (etc) support! Think the main thing will be to support clip/slot selection via MIDI. The rest is already baked in, I think.

• edited January 2017

Finished a song to my liking. Can only export it in midi format to Audioshare. Within Infinite Looper I can't export the audio of the song because it keeps crashing. Would like to put it in Aum to enhance it a bit with ddmf eq . Ok I clicked some of the wave files and sent them to audioshare but they are either a single instrument or a small quick soundbite or no signal at all......confused customer here :D
    Ipad mini 2 retina

• @Arpseechord said:
    Finished a song to my liking. Can only export it in midi format to Audioshare. Within Infinite Looper I can't export the audio of the song because it keeps crashing. Would like to put it in Aum to enhance it a bit with ddmf eq . Ok I clicked some of the wave files and sent them to audioshare but they are either a single instrument or a small quick soundbite or no signal at all......confused customer here :D
    Ipad mini 2 retina

The WAV files are whatever gets recorded between toggling the Audio Record button on and off -- to capture a whole song, turn on Audio Record, hit play (to get the sequencer to step through the whole thing), and then toggle off. Once that's done, you should be able to export the WAV file. There's no "quick mix down" that you might find in a desktop DAW, which may be where we're getting things confused!

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Ipad mini 2 retina

The WAV files are whatever gets recorded between toggling the Audio Record button on and off -- to capture a whole song, turn on Audio Record, hit play (to get the sequencer to step through the whole thing), and then toggle off. Once that's done, you should be able to export the WAV file. There's no "quick mix down" that you might find in a desktop DAW, which may be where we're getting things confused!

Thanks very much that clears things up!