Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS compatible audio interface urgently wanted

2»

Comments

• IOS uses only the first pair of output channels by default - which he adressed by MiMix
    (I'd do exactly the same in this situation)

• Hi Telefunky,

this was my guess, too. I couldn't find any iPad settings related to audio output, neither a useful diagnostic log. To no avail, I disabled all restrictions and allowed Audiobus and MiMix to access the microphone.

• Hi mschenkel.it,

yes, Presonus support isn't worth mentioning. The audio interface might work on unsupported platforms, but an unsupported platform, is an unsupported platform, is an unsupported platform.

• @Unknown_Crewman Oh, I see I completely misunderstood what was going on in your issue, my bad.

Sorry for being snarky with you. :neutral:

• edited December 2016

Never mind!

I will return the PreSounus AudioBox 1818VSL today. A Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen is already ordered.

• Hi,

the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen works with and without a powered USB hub, including the audio out channels. It works with the iPad as well as with Linux, already without rt-patch, at 128 frames.

A drawback is the disgusting audio quality of the analog domain.

While audio in works with Audiobus as well as with MusicStudio, I couldn't record an audio track with Cubasis, neither when connecting directly to the Focusrite, nor by connecting to an input by selecting Audiobus.

There's no audio input signal when using Cubasis.

Regards,
    Ralf

• I use the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6. Fantastic little interface. 2 decent instrument/mic pre-amps, stereo line in, 2 sets of outputs, SPDIF in and out and MIDI I/O. And it's dinky too. I power it from the CCK without any problem at all. I then use a MIDISport Uno to go from USB out of my laptop to the KA6 MIDI in. Amazing setup.