Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper/Aleph Looper 2.1 update -- more loops, Launchpad, and MIDI fixes! And morestickers!

The new version should be rolling into the Apple servers now. New stuff in this iteration is the built-in pitch-to-MIDI -- you can trigger notes using a guitar, or whatever else produces a stable pitch. The in-app keyboard can also show the pitch detected, so if you're trying to work out a melody or bass line, and can hum or whistle, you can see what notes you're playing. The pitch-to-MIDI has a little bit of latency (what you normally expect with audio based approaches), but it should work great for step insert mode on the piano roll, or you can slow the tempo and record a part live.

There's also import of loops from other projects, or from MIDI files. I've gotten a couple of queries already about downloadable loops, and that's actually where I've been thinking things might go. If you want to share a project, just toss it up on the web somewhere, and the ".ilp" file extension should be recognized by Safari and other web browsers, and the downloaded file can be imported into Infinite Looper directly. You can also transfer projects from one iOS device to another using the built-in support for AirDrop.

Here's a video that walks through all the pieces and parts -- my attempt at doing a "user manual" -- but in video form, because I think it's a heck of a lot more clear what's going on when you see video, versus a wall-of-text on a web page. The video is broken into a bunch of different sections, which you can jump to if you start on the manual page at our site.
http://secretbasedesign.com/apps/infinite-looper.html

Infinite is on sale for $15, and Aleph is $5, until the start of next week. After that, I'll bump them back up to $20 and $10. There's a bundle, so if you can upgrade from Aleph "free of charge," and there's also a bundle that will save you a few bucks if you've bought MIDImorphosis in the past.

There's a bunch of stuff that's on the plate for 2.1, so I'll be keeping busy in the next month or two -- but if you spot a bug, or think of something you'd like added, let me know!

And handy links to the app, if you need it...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinite-looper/id1054808350?mt=8&at=10lvkM
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aleph-looper/id1107302288?mt=8&at=10lvkM

Comments

• awesome!! this app just keeps getting better and better. love it!

• Congrats to version 2.0!

• looks super sweet! thanks. midimorphosis did polyphonic pitch detection i believe - is this addition just monophonic? still cool either way!

• Been using for a couple months, l like it. Last night i was trying to tap in steps for the first time, and the grid was only divided into bars, but the notes were inputting seemingly as 8th notes but unquantized. Even after i select and apply quantize. I must be overlooking something. I'm running the version before 2.0

• So great, congrats on the 2.0 release! Can't wait to test it out

I'm happy to see the MIDI learn list, would love it to be longer when you get the chance. (Specific track and section selection, not just up/down. )

• great stuff here.

• Very happy in the bunny department over here. Congrats on all the hard work.

• edited January 2017

Looks very good. What are the main benefits of using this over other similar applications?

• @Arpseechord said:
    Looks very good. What are the main benefits of using this over other similar applications?

All midi, and built around workflow, so it's more a sketchbook than a canvas. Build a song quickly, then export it out to polish in a daw. Or just jam, I guess. It's about as pretty as a Willys, but just as useful. Check the video— it's pretty comprehensive.

• Can you add recognising.midi files as well as .mid files please.

• @aaronpc said:

@Arpseechord said:

All midi, and built around workflow, so it's more a sketchbook than a canvas. Build a song quickly, then export it out to polish in a daw. Or just jam, I guess. It's about as pretty as a Willys, but just as useful. Check the video— it's pretty comprehensive.

@aaronpc said:

@Arpseechord said:

I just finished watching the video and I'm impressed. I could use this as you say a sketchpad and then develope it further. It definitely is feature rich and ever expanding!
    Also like the ideal of using a guitar or voice to trigger midi notes
    I'm almost sold!
    Thanks for info

• Sweeeet!!! Thanks so much, now get some heavy duty truckers style coffee on us! :)

• @Arpseechord said:

Curious what the similar apps are? Seems to be fairly unique, but I'm thinking in terms of what's available on iPhone. Maybe there's some that are are iPad only?

• edited January 2017

I wish I was half as clever as SecretBaseDesign. What a brilliant app, and great to see it continue to get even better.

BTW, app may already do this, but if not would it be possible to play a .wav file in something that allows background audio, and have Infinite Looper read it pitch to Midi?

• @srcer said:

@Arpseechord said:

Curious what the similar apps are? Seems to be fairly unique, but I'm thinking in terms of what's available on iPhone. Maybe there's some that are are iPad only?

Genome and modstep come to mind

• What an amazing update. This app is increasingly the glue that binds my workflow.

• Congrats, Dr. Patrick!

• I reall would love it if there was a way to access all your loop folders in Audioshare from within infinite looper or is there?

• I have to say, the thing I'm most happy about, is all 6 tracks visible on iPhone. It's the little things. Good job @SecretBaseDesign

• Is there a certain type of midi file that can be loaded or as llong as it says .mid?

• edited January 2017

I've been using this app over others because of the simplicity and efficient way of recording external midi . That's not to say other's are too complicated for me to understand, i get modstep for example and i was a betatester, but the basic fundamentals of a midi sequencer in Infinite looper actually work, and i also find myself arranging quicker. The ability to have more than one clip playing on the same track is clutch.

But if sequencing is more your thing, than Modstep just to name one, seems more suitable. While I applaud MS for its ambitious features, even after a few public updates, a particular simple function, not feature, still wasn't working properly, and support was really slow to respond and in my last attemt, just unresponsive. But i still look forward to having another go with MS in the future:-)

• Playhead in the piano roll, thanks! That really psyched me out for some reason.

• @db909 said:
    I have to say, the thing I'm most happy about, is all 6 tracks visible on iPhone. It's the little things. Good job @SecretBaseDesign

Damn straight! Sometimes it is the little things....

• Great update, thanks!

Since you already offer so much control, would you consider adding inversions to the popup chord selection screen? I think adding an extra column with a number of the inversion would make this powerful for writing where you want the chord to carry the melody note up top, or for jazz / classical. As it stands, one can just record the chord and change the inversion in the editor, but choosing the right chord up front would be better.

Thanks again!

• Wait wait, am i correct in reading that I can hum a melody into this app and it will give me da MIDI???

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Wait wait, am i correct in reading that I can hum a melody into this app and it will give me da MIDI???

Yes I'd like to know too

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Wait wait, am i correct in reading that I can hum a melody into this app and it will give me da MIDI???

Yes, but don't expect miracles. Humming will cause the notes to blip all over. It really works best for guitar players and the like. Quantizing input might help a bit, but I haven't messed with it yet.

• Cool thanks, ive been hunting for a perfect audio to midi solution for ios for a while... Then again even Abletons audio to midi hasnt worked the best for my purposes