Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget- Abu Dhabi question

Hi,

I have a question on how to use Abu Dhabi.

Once I have my loop sliced and ready how do I play it as a complete loop in tempo with my song?

Cheers,
James

Comments

• edited January 2017

If it is in 16 equal slices, you simply start at the bottom of the piano roll and draw a diagonal line from the bottom left to the top right corner. (Making sure, of course, that your grid is in 16th-note increments.)

Presuming there are no envelopes or effects on the individual slices, it should sound exactly like the loop you imported.

• Thank you, that's a useful tip. Is there no way to do if the slices are not equal? E.g when I adjust the slices to match the feel of the original sample?

• You'll have to turn off quantise and try to line up the start and end points of your notes with those of the slices. By ear is the only way to do this i think.

• Ah that's a shame. Was hoping they'd be some sort of export midi notes function so I could use it like Dr Rex on reason

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    If it is in 16 equal slices, you simply start at the bottom of the piano roll and draw a diagonal line from the bottom left to the top right corner. (Making sure, of course, that your grid is in 16th-note increments.)

Presuming there are no envelopes or effects on the individual slices, it should sound exactly like the loop you imported.

look at you. giving advice to noobs about how to do stuff in piano-rolls.
    sheds a proud tear

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

sheds a proud tear

Hahaha.
    I'm so pleased you noticed!

I've been holding my breath to make sure I wasn't wrong!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

sheds a proud tear

Hahaha.
    I'm so pleased you noticed!

I've been holding my breath to make sure I wasn't wrong!

you've been doing fine the last few posts. no longer the midi noob :)

• There's a lot of help I'll need to pass along to bring my account out of the red....

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

sheds a proud tear

:)