Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave - Transfer projects between devices?

A quick question for everybody out there concerning the excellent Blocs Wave. My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

Is there any way to transfer projects, with all their assets, between devices? Like if I start something on the iPhone version can I get it into the iPad version to continue work on it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. I exported the project zip file to Dropbox then unzipped it into Augioshare on my iPad. Then I imported each part into Blocs Wave on my iPad. Clunky but it worked.

Comments

• @Paulyboy said:
    A quick question for everybody out there concerning the excellent Blocs Wave. My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

Is there any way to transfer projects, with all their assets, between devices? Like if I start something on the iPhone version can I get it into the iPad version to continue work on it?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. I exported the project zip file to Dropbox then unzipped it into Augioshare on my iPad. Then I imported each part into Blocs Wave on my iPad. Clunky but it worked.

Yeah pretty much the best way as far as I know. Doesn't obviously give you an exact copy if you are using chopped up beats, but it's possible to get those set up again with time and effort.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Paulyboy said:

Thanks in advance.

Yeah pretty much the best way as far as I know. Doesn't obviously give you an exact copy if you are using chopped up beats, but it's possible to get those set up again with time and effort.

Or if you want them to stay in their final chopped state you can 'flatten' them first.

It will also lose any volume or panning changes you have made, Flatten should sort these too, although i haven't checked.

• edited January 2017

It would be great if, in the next update, Blocs Wave included some kind of external back up utility. Ideally, something that could export a whole project file, then import it back into the app fully reconstituted. Ever since Apple helpfully prevented backing up, the possibility of losing work permanently has been on my mind.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Paulyboy said:

Thanks in advance.

Or if you want them to stay in their final chopped state you can 'flatten' them first.

It will also lose any volume or panning changes you have made, Flatten should sort these too, although i haven't checked.

Or if you have left over slots, it's probably best to copy then flatten, as then you can have both chopped and non chopped if you switch between them.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Or if you have left over slots, it's probably best to copy then flatten, as then you can have both chopped and non chopped if you switch between them.

Thanks for the tip!

• @AndyPlankton said:

Ok thanks. I'll try that.

• @Paulyboy said:

Thanks in advance.

A back up update would be super good and is very necessary. I hope it happens soon as I'm faced with this issue after purchasing the new iPad Pro. I wanted to transfer everything from an iPad six to the iPad Pro. No luck with novation

• When I got my new iPhone Recently, my BlocsWave projects copied across from the iCloud backup flawlessly.

I do have extra iCloud storage. Everybody should. 5Gb as the free tier In 2019 is derisory.

Number 1 iOS tip. Get extra iCloud storage. It’s essential! ;-)

• edited December 2019

Is there a way to do this neatly yet? I want to transfer a project from iPad to my iPhone. Do you have to flatten?

• In 2020 , is this possible seamlessly?

• edited July 2020

There is only one thing missing in the share dialog in BlocsWave:
    You can already share "Project Files" but you don't get what you think you'd get:
    You get rendered loops instead.

@AmpifyxNovation:
    Sharing Project Files should create a zip with the original project files that can be shared with another iDevice, e.g. over AirDrop and the destination BlocsWave would know how to extract the zip into its own project folder.

I would suggest to rename the current "Project Files" sharing menu item to something like "Project Stems" to actually export individual rendered stems.

• Honestly i never understood why they don't just include icloud sync between devices,

• edited July 2020

@rs2000 said:
    There is only one thing missing in the share dialog in BlocsWave:
    You can already share "Project Files" but you don't get what you think you'd get:
    You get rendered loops instead.

@AmpifyxNovation:
    Sharing Project Files should create a zip with the original project files that can be shared with another iDevice, e.g. over AirDrop and the destination BlocsWave would know how to extract the zip into its own project folder.

I would suggest to rename the current "Project Files" sharing menu item to something like "Project Stems" to actually export individual rendered stems.

BeatHawk sorta does this
    Would be nice if blocs wav can do it

• It is a total shame and why I for the most part bailed on Blocs.