Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request to rate Audioshare (was: Interesting experiment on Audioshare's chart rankings)

edited November 2013 in General App Discussion

The folks on the iPad Musician FB group have been running an interesting experiment today on Audioshare's chart rankings. The premise was to determine whether chart rankings are just based on # of sales, or if ratings also play a part. So lots of Audioshare fans in the group decided to go and submit a rating / review for it, or update their review if they'd done one before. The results so far have been tremendous - Audioshare's ranking on the US iPad Music apps charts has gone up from #67 to #34 since the experiment started about 24 hours ago. For context, Audioshare has only ranked higher than this twice in its lifetime - once when its price was discounted by 50% and once when it was made free. So this little experiment has pushed the app up to its highest ranking ever at its normal price.

In the interests of continuing the experiment to see how powerful we really are as a customer base, it was suggested to extend this experiment to other Audioshare fans outside of that FB group. The AB forum being a primary hub of music app consumer activity, it made sense to float the idea on here :) So the request is - if you love Audioshare, please go and rate it 5 stars or update your existing rating, the sooner the better to track the impact of a ratings spike on chart rankings. It'd be really interesting to see if we can push the app up into the top 10! :)

Comments

• Thanks Adil.
    I had the idea originally when I found out that apples new algorithm actually takes ratings into consideration when determining chart rankings.
    Since Jonatan won our "Developer of the Year - 2013" award, over at iPad.Musician (and he goes out of his way to give to our community), it felt right to use audioshare as the fall we first tried to boost. I've been blown away by how well this campaign has worked, and it will now be a weekly feature at fb.com/groups/ipadmusician

Thanks adil. Thanks Jonatan.

Everyone please go rate Audioshare 5 Stars (even if you have done it in the past, please update your rating)

-
    Jeremy McGill

• Big thanks, Jeremy and Adil!

• Rated it 5 stars again, don't know if rating on a new version will have any impact tho?

Also, I noticed in the screens that you can save IAA chains as presets, I had totally missed that, great stuff! :)

• Gave it a 5 star as well. Deserved!

• edited March 2014

• Done. And done gladly.

• I went to do it but it looks like I already left a 5 star review awhile back. Anyways I just tried resending but not sure if it will help

• *app we tried to boost

• mmpmmp
    edited November 2013

done *****

• edited November 2013

Done. I also left 5 stars some time ago, hope they accepted the resubmission :-).

• @rrc2soft -
    They accept a new rating for every new updated version

• Thanks again to everyone for their amazing support of this campaign. Last I checked it was #32 in the Us Music charts. I'm really hoping to push it into at least the top 25 some time today.

This really shows how important rating the apps we love (and even the ones we hate) can be.
    We've boosted an apps ratings tremendously without spending a dollar, which in turn will increase its sales and then help Jonatan bring us more awesome features.

• Done because it's a great app from a great app developer and use it just about every time I create iOS music because it does what I want it to do. BitWiz and the AUFX apps are great too.

• Having done this, not sure if it helped...this stuff is regional isn't it? Only saw 9 ratings on the Dutch Appstore for all versions...

• I think it helps as the way the App Store runs, app developers who regularly update their apps can often have very satisfied users who don't give ratings or reviews of the updates because they're too busy actually using the app. What you end up with is few or little reviews or ratings of the current version of the app in the App Store so people who are thinking of buying the app aren't sure if the app is any good anymore because there aren't enough reviews or ratings. Ultimately, taking a bit of time to support the apps you like via reviews and ratings allows the developer to continue to receive revenue and develop the app you like so much plus it helps out other iOS musicians when they're thinking about buying it.

The AUFX apps need more love on the App Store too IMHO.

• Done, of course. Great app. I should have done it sooner.

• @mmp The ratings are definitely displayed separately per country, but it may still be the case that their effect on rankings is global, since this is an indirect effect and intended to push up higher quality apps on the charts.

Thanks all for the participation!

• I'll do it as soon as I get home from work. :-)

• edited November 2013

The AUFX apps need more love on the App Store too IMHO.

Word. It's really minimal up there on those apps. With all the love thrown around here for them, I expected to see more. C'mon fellas.

• 5 stars again of course.What else?

• edited November 2013

Yes, but since iOS 7 all my ratings seems to end in the endless space ;) Normally i can see my rating after a few days but now there seems nothing to happen. There are not one rating in the geman store on the AUFX apps and i tryed it more than one time.... not sure if it's a bug or whatever. So i gave up to rate things at the moment after wrote long reviews ended up in wasted time :(

• Done, of course,
    @galaxyexplorer: your review shoes up first, when I look, so no worries, it's there, sounds good and does it's job (even though, I can only see two reviews on the german store...)

• 5 stars yet again :)