Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis piano roll questions

I'm a pretty light user of Cubasis. Sorry if some of this stuff is obvious or well covered already.

MIDI note preview? When using "no instrument" and MIDI Out, is there a setting that allows you to hear the notes in the piano roll as you drag them around or draw them? Or even use the keyboard on the left? The little "Sound" icon on the lower left is set to on. That only seems to affect internal instruments though.

Is it possible to lock the select tool to "On"? When doing a bunch of clean up, would be really handy. It stays on if you just do multiple selections in a row but if you do some operation of the selected notes, it's toggles off.

Is it possible to Glue notes or just clips? I've tried by selecting two notes of the same key both overlapping and not overlapping.

Is there a way to set the built in keyboard to a fixed-scale mode or is it only virtual chromatic? Not really piano roll related but I'd probably have less editing to know if I knew how to bring this up. :)

Comments

• edited December 2016

just finally picked Cubasis up and would also like answers to these questions... i can answer one thing though: keyboard has no fixed-scale mode :( that would be a nice, simple addition hopefully coming some day

also read about IAA tracks freezing out of time - is this any/all IAA apps or just some? wondering if @Lars has any word on how a fix for this is going ? as I hope to use this feature alot on my agin ipad 4.

• edited December 2016

@Halftone said:
    just finally picked Cubasis up and would also like answers to these questions... i can answer one thing though: keyboard has no fixed-scale mode :( that would be a nice, simple addition hopefully coming some day

also read about IAA tracks freezing out of time - is this any/all IAA apps or just some? wondering if @Lars has any word on how a fix for this is going ? as I hope to use this feature alot on my agin ipad 4.

Yes there are often instances when IAA doesn't perform well.
    Audiobus is more stable than IAA, try using that.

• Lars said the next update they'll fix the freezing for IAA/AU. I had no problems only freezing with Enkr.

• Dang. 0 for 4? Really?

• Yeah, 0 for 4. I'm seeing other issues that are not a huge issue but the small things are accumulating... Am I correct that I cannot import AIFF files, only WAV?