Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

icons missing from side bar

edited November 2013 in Support and Feedback

has anyone else experienced the following? (see screenshot)

http://i.imgur.com/0LQ9A8B.jpg

anytime i go to use audiobus from within an input source, the side bar garageband remote icons go missing. i've tried reinstalling but it's had no effect. does anyone know of a fix?

FYI i'm on a 64gb ipad air with latest ios7 (7.0.3).

Comments

• edited November 2013

I've noticed something similar on several occasions recently but it's been the app's main icon that was missing, not the control icons. This is under iOS v6.1.3 on an iPad3/64. I wondered if the issue only applies to apps that have been updated for iOSv7. However, I first noticed this with Airbender DSP, which was released at the same time as Audiobus's last update (24SEP).

• edited November 2013

Just set up DM1 (which I rarely use) into GarageBand (also rarely used) I'm on an iPad 3 64gb with iOS 7.0.3 and latest versions of these apps and Audiobus; I can't duplicate the problem.

• We know about this problem. It's caused by a bug in the 64 bit version of the Audiobus SDK and we've alreaddy updated the SDK. Sadly it requires an update to all apps that use it (in this case GarageBand).

That means it only appears when using 64bit devices (iPhone 5S, iPad Air and the upcoming iPad mini retina).

While I don't know when the next update for GarageBand hits the store, there's still a way to use the buttons in the connection panel: just tap them, even though they're not visible. They are basically still there, just the icons for them are not.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Sebastian

• @Sebastian wrote:

That means it only appears when using 64bit devices (iPhone 5S, iPad Air and the upcoming iPad mini retina).

Can you think of any reason why I have seen this phenomenon on an iPad3/64 under iOSv6.1.3? No 64bit issues there, surely?

• edited November 2013

Just reproduced the issue with Audiobus v1.0.2.5, Airbender DSP v1.1 in effect slot and AudioShare v2.6 in input and output slots. I can't upload a pic to show but Airbender's app icon is blank in the control panel, though its control icons are visible. It appears to be a cosmetic issue only, unlike the OP. It would be good to know the cause. As I said, Airbender is not the only app I've had this happen with.

(iPad3/64, iOS v6.1.3, 240MB free RAM, 3GB free disk)

Edit: Changing the input and output apps does not make any difference. Airbender was the first time I saw the issue but I'm certain I saw it again with a couple of other apps - I just can't remember which ones! :( Originally I assumed Airbender's Audiobus implementation had a bug. perhaps that is the case anyway.

• Can you think of any reason why I have seen this phenomenon on an iPad3/64 under iOSv6.1.3? No 64bit issues there, surely?

I guess it doesn't only appear with 64 bit devices but also with apps that use the 64 bit SDK of Audiobus. We've already made a new version of it available which fixes this bug.

• Great stuff, Sebastian :) A typically fast response from the Audiobus team!

• Thank you!

What always struck me as odd is how Apple introduced 64bit on their mobile devices just over night with the iPhone 5S. On regular PCs this change took years. Apple just announces it ("Hey, btw... this is 64 bit now...") and everyone just gets to work. Times change... :)

• So tapping where the buttons should be still works? Can somebody post a picture to show just exactly where they are?

• So tapping where the buttons should be still works? Can somebody post a picture to show just exactly where they are?

• I have an iPad Air with the latest Audiobus and the Garageband control panel was there for the first two weeks then just disappeared. Is there a solution?

• P. S. Tapping where the buttons used to be didn't work.