Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video..Jam Synth...some great sounds, and very responsive..nice.

I love this synth...responds very quickly to your guitar..really easy to set up and program.

Comments

• Nice vid, Doug! I look forward to playing with this later! :)
    What is the little box of tricks you have your mic plugged into, just below the iPad?

• Great vid once again Doug. Love that iPad stand! Who makes that?

• @AlterEgo_UK the thing under the iPad is a Tascam DP008 8 track recorder...this is how I set up a video...the mic is in channel one of the Behringer mixer and the iPad is in channels 7/8..obviously I can plug anything in...then the main outputs on the mixer go into the Tascam, this way I can record all the audio for the video..vocals, guitars,keys etc..direct without having to mess around with the tascam...the video is recordered with a zoom q2...when its done, I take the SD Cards fron the Tas and the Zoom and transfer then to my laptop...so I have the video file with live sound, well me talking..and the audio wave from the Tascam..i.e...me, and whatever I recorded..then I open the video file into Movie Maker and then import the wave file..then its just a case of syncing them up, with is really easy and acurate with Movie Maker..then all I have to do is take out the video soundtrack, and what you are left with is the Tascams wave file...it sounds alot but its not too bad and you get great quality sound...just in case you are wondering, the Zoom q2 does not have a line in for audio...
    @funjunkie27 I got the stand from Amazon, its OK but sometimes I wish I had got one of the flexi gooseneck ones...it was cheap though and its good quality, maybe 30 bucks..the other stuff I use all the time are the AKG 702 headphones, these goto into a Fiio e17 headphone amp and dac converter..I have to use the Fiio headphone amp to drive the 702's..then the Tascams stereo output goes into the Fiio input, its crystal....

• Thanks Doug. I'll take a look at it and the gooseneck options.

• @thesoundtestroom: wow! I didn't realise I was so out-of touch with recorders! That is pretty neat, with SD cards too! (of course I don't need one now I have an iPad ;) )