Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model 15 on sale again but for how long?

Just noticed Model 15 is back on sale but does anyone know for how long?

Comments

• They don't say, but looking at the pattern of their sales from the past couple of years suggests at least 5 days. You should be good through Sunday, at least.

• edited December 2016

Isn't the App Store now on Christmas holiday shutdown? That means all prices should now be fixed until it reopens around 27th.

• @Beathoven said:
    Isn't the App Store now on Christmas holiday shutdown? That means all prices should now be fixed until it reopens around 27th.

Only new apps and app updates are affected by the shutdown, not price changes.

• http://appadvice.com/post/app-store-shutdown/732998

"For non-developers, the shutdown means that no new apps or updates will be released. You also won’t be seeing bug fixes or price changes."

• Maybe a dev can schedule a price change to happen during the holiday?

• Grabbed,
    Can't resist.

• edited December 2016

Seriously, you guys, I know we're spoiled on iOS and money can be tight, but the thing is well worth 30 bucks. At 15, it's a nice little steal. This thing could sell for 300 bucks on desktop, easy. At least 250.

• edited December 2016

@Hmtx said:
    Maybe a dev can schedule a price change to happen during the holiday?

Itunes Connect for developers is still available, just not for submitting changes or new apps. Price changes still works (price changes do not go through apple review or approval) and of course if devs could have scheduled approved fixes, releases and sales to occur during the "shut down" period.

• Got it for fun.

• @Beathoven said:
    http://appadvice.com/post/app-store-shutdown/732998

"For non-developers, the shutdown means that no new apps or updates will be released. You also won’t be seeing bug fixes or price changes."

Yes.. this quote is doing the rounds all over various articles about App Store shut down, but it is incorrect. Price changes are still available and have been updating this morning too.

Happy Xmas and price drops all round! :)

• Triggered from cubasis, with handy looping, it syncs teally nicely with moog's arp. Interesting stuff to be had with different piano roll triggers.

• I just picked up Model 15 and I absolutely love the sound. However, I'm very new to music creation and I can't play a keyboard. Is there any way to "draw" the sound on a piano roll (proper term?) in another app to trigger them in Model 15? It seems vpich above is referring to such a capability in Cubasis. However, I only have an iPhone, not an iPad and I see Cubasis isn't available for this platform. Is there an iPhone app that will allow me to do this? If multiple are available, which is the best? I guess I would also need something like AUM or Audiobus to make the the two apps work together?

I bought Korg Gadget a few weeks ago and I'm having a blast with it. A piano roll similar to this is what I'm looking for to trigger sounds in Model 15 (and Animoog). Any suggestions/advice?

• @xxeyes Welcome aboard. What you're looking for is a universal MIDI sequencer. You can't sequence other apps from Gadget in real time, but you can export your MIDI data, bring it into another app, then send it to Model 15.

Here are some suggestions for MIDI sequencers:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/14189/what-is-the-best-iphone-midi-sequencer

You can get by with just using Inter-App Audio (built into iOS), but I recommend picking up Audiobus when you can. I have seen some reports of Model 15 not playing well with other apps via IAA.

• edited December 2016

@xxeyes said:
    I just picked up Model 15 and I absolutely love the sound. However, I'm very new to music creation and I can't play a keyboard. Is there any way to "draw" the sound on a piano roll (proper term?) in another app to trigger them in Model 15? It seems vpich above is referring to such a capability in Cubasis. However, I only have an iPhone, not an iPad and I see Cubasis isn't available for this platform. Is there an iPhone app that will allow me to do this? If multiple are available, which is the best? I guess I would also need something like AUM or Audiobus to make the the two apps work together?

I bought Korg Gadget a few weeks ago and I'm having a blast with it. A piano roll similar to this is what I'm looking for to trigger sounds in Model 15 (and Animoog). Any suggestions/advice?

Model 15 runs great in AUM. No problems there. And for iPhone only piano roll check out Aleph Looper by Secret Base Design https://appsto.re/us/qEbacb.i "Aleph Looper"

• The sale says its $14.99 usd but on the USA App Store it still says $29.99

• @Telstar5 The sale, she is over. Looks like it was just for Christmas. There will be another...maybe for the New Year.

http://appshopper.com/music/model-15

• oooo... just caught in time B)
    what a great sound

• It sounds so dusty, I love it. Bitch to program on the phone though, but it's growing on me

• Yeah, I picked it up too. I hate that it's digital and sounds soooo good lol. My new favourite iOS synth.