Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question to iPad users...

I still thinking to get one of these things (but i still like the smartphone size more). I have a question... I had problems on the phone with 64GB space. When i now use a iPad with retina with 128GB i'm not sure if it's enough then. Beside all the music apps i want some games, videos etc. on it. The iPad has 4 times more pixels as the iPhone, so are the apps there much bigger? Just curious about it. Thx for answers!

Comments

• The apps are not bigger just because it has more pixels.
    64bit apps have a slightly bigger memory footprint so the 1GB ram could become a bottleneck if you have a lot of apps open at the same time but the size of the sdd should not matter for this.
    I have an ipad4 with 32gb and it´s more than enough for me to work at 3-4 projects at a time.

• edited November 2013

I think if you are using universal apps on your iPhone, the app size is the same because universal apps have both versions of the graphics, right? So those apps will not take up any more data on an iPad.

Or I'm wrong, and someone else can explain how universal apps work. :-)

Either way, I can't imagine the difference being a very large one (Animoog, DM1, and Magellan are 30MB difference or less between iPad and iPhone versions) The improved features far outweigh the space problem in my mind.

• I don't think I've ever seen any apps that are more than 1.5GB.

• Notion is 1.6 GB when it's up and running, and that's before adding any IAP instruments.

• @Hmtx You're correct - universal apps are the same size on iPhone and iPad, but if an app has separate iPhone / iPad versions the iPad version is usually a bit larger due to bigger images.

• edited March 2014