Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget vs iPolysix : pattern save state

Hi Audiob.usies,

It's holiday, finally getting some long overdue time to be asocial at xmas parties with just the 'Pad and trusted headphones.

I've been using iPolysix for very long now, and I could not resist it's bigger brother Gadget...dang that thing is deep!!

However I cannot find a genius feature in Gadget about iPolysix that made it very easy to finish, finetune a tune, or bypass its apparent limited possibilities : the pattern save state.

Meaning : you could have a bass sound at a certain setting on pattern 1, copy that pattern on pattern 2, tweak the settings, and when you would go back to pattern 1 that first setting would pop up, rinse and repeat for EVERYTHING (except drum sounds) and you can "write" complex variations and automations per pattern very easily.

It might not seem much, but to me it's a huge part of a quick and efficient workflow I've grown accustomed to, and I can not find it in Gadget.

Whenever I change the sound of a Gadget it is reflected in all the scenes, instead of per scene(or pattern in iPolysix).

Any idea how to do that besides manually writing the automation of parameters per scene?

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2016

Congratulations! You just discovered Gadgets biggest weakness! :smiley:

There's no way around it besides duplicating the track (for changing synths between scenes) or As you said, doing automation per scene.

• Probably a total pain but I think you could wiggle each knob a bit at the top of each pattern to record the currrent state as automation. Imagine it would be easiest to tweak the sound in the second (etc) pattern directly from the automation lanes.

• @db909 said:
    Congratulations! You just discovered Gadgets biggest weakness! :smiley:

There's no way around it besides duplicating the track (for changing synths between scenes) or As you said, doing automation per scene.

Holy mackerel...I thought that would be feature number one they would keep...no DAW or other app offers this unique ultracreative & inspiring feature (unless some "snapshot" features from a few synths, or mixing engines)

So...feature request to Korg & in the mean time more left brain with thinking in advance about all parameters needed to do a snapshot :/

We'll see how the tunemaking evolves with Gadget

• @syrupcore said:
    Probably a total pain but I think you could wiggle each knob a bit at the top of each pattern to record the currrent state as automation. Imagine it would be easiest to tweak the sound in the second (etc) pattern directly from the automation lanes.

Ha! Exactly, not as straightforward as iPolysix. The more I get into it, the more it looks like Gadget is a simplified mix between iPolysix and Ableton. Other way of thinking than iPoly.

Yes, that's it, with iPolysix there is less thinking, more action because of the snapshot-savestate, you are almost pushed forward to complete/finish working your patterns.

The sounds are amazing tho in Gadget, and very well curated, almost any patch or Gadget sounds great from the getgo, even the basic GM-type sounds of Marseille or London.

Immediately purchased Abu Dhabi & Bilbao, very nice. Sample import like in Bilbao is something I dreamt about for iPolysix, as well as sample slicing like Abu Dhabi.

Nice surprise with the iM1 integration, still looking for using the user presets tho.

Back to some Gadgetting,

Peace & best wishes to everyone btw