Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC will get an Audiobus update.Seriously!

edited November 2013 in General App Discussion

There's a new impc review on this (german)site and the most interesting sentence is "i asked the people at (akai)marketing and they told me they work on an audiobus update"

http://www.amazona.de/impc-app-fuer-ipadiphone/8/

But he couldn't say when or if it ever will happen.

And just to bring all of you to the floor again:i bet we would see it in the OUTPUT slot only :)

Comments

• Uhm... I don't see that sentence in there.

• first sentence on the second paragraph

• "Über die Marketingabteilung erfuhr ich, dass man an einer Umsetzung für Audio Bus arbeitet"

• Let's hope they do it and they do it right... And also for the iPhone.

• Thanks. I was searching for "Audiobus". It didn't pick up "Audio Bus"... :D

• Please, please, please, please, please... Input Slot.

I'm still keeping it here because of its sounds, which I have resampled anyway...
    If it comes in the Output only, I'll give up and it will get deleted from my iPads just like Garageband.

• It would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. If it happens it will happen, otherwise, I'm going to go on as if it doesn't exist. Dan was here on the site and could have commented on this if something like this were actually in the works, but not a word was said. In fact, I got the impression that they didn't see the need for it since IAA was out and available. I'd sure like to be proven wrong though.....

• I would be fine to use it just as an IAA node if that means i could use it as a drumsampler in cubasis.But why,oh why...

Like the IAA support I have no doubt the audiobus update would be just to sample into that stupid machine.What a waste of an otherwise quite nice concept.

• I think it's a massive shame that it hasn't got AB. I don't even understand IAA, despite having looked it up several times. So AB is the way for me, and iMPC is one of several apps I would use every day, but alas it was deleted long ago. Large file size + no AB = piss off. They've already had my money though so I do feel moderately annoyed at the lack of support, which for something like this should have been a no-brainer!

• I really hope they're working on it. I even got the iPhone version sometime ago and was very disappointed especially because there isn't even a midi in. So fingers crossed for a proper midi implementation on the phone. Otherwise that's just useless to me.