Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiophile: no love?

Anyone try it? I got it, tried it for free, immediately bought it. $9.99 but it seriously boosts your sound. I've put some of my IOS compositions in there and they sound huge. Could really be what I reach for to get that final mix.

Comments

• edited November 2013

the EQ could be useful, but again this is an app that does not appear in the effect slot! I don't understand that. An effect app not in the effect slot. Doesn't make sense to me, technically.

And I just realised the EQ is an IAP too. I thought that was included and only the rest was optional. Alright, app deleted.

• I think there's only one IAP, buying Maxx. I bought it and have the maxx and the advanced EQ.
    I've had a few crashes and for some reason a song will start again, but I'm impressed with the sound. Effects slot would be nice but I'm just going to take my Auria mixes, put them in Maxx, then record another version into Auria with AB.

• Well, first AB attempts are not good. Using as input isn't producing sound with Auria or audioshare. In AB, there are no transport controls for Audiophile.
    As output sound is just stuttering (at 512 frames). Haven't had any sound issues when running the app alone.
    I have an Ipad2 with latest IOS.

• It isn't an effect app. It is a "music player". It is meant to be used for listening to tunes via an iPod or iPhone or iPad and to enhance that experience. The EQ and other mumbo jumbo is to make crap speakers sound better. It isn't something you would directly apply to a song file (mp3, wav, whatever). If you apply it to a song file that file would only sound good for the specific speaker setup that it was tweaked for.

• Got a nice recording in GB with AB using Audiophile with NLogPro in the inter-app. I tested the NL synth with and without the AP connection (just shutting down AP) and the difference in sound level using an old jawbone was large. I also played quite fast without any stuttering. This app may be more interesting to live performers, but I like the recording.

• yes it's a music player, not an effect. That's how it is.