Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video..DrumJam running through Voice Synth...Vocoded Drums..very cool

This sounds great, I ran DrumJam thru Voice Synth..vocoding the drum loop section of DrumJam...of corse the very cool thing about using DrumJam for this is the ability to route either the loop or the hand area through an effect in Audiobus...so I vocoded the loop and played the hand persussion clean..

Comments

• Nice find Doug.
    How do you do the separate routing thing.
    Never tried that b4.

• edited March 2014

• Cheers for the vid Doug!
    Will Arctic Pro be able to do the same thing here?

• Yeah...anything you can use as an imput you can run through voice synth because it's been used in the effect slot...@commonstookie I know I only found it just before I made the video..open AB then open the input slot, find DrumJam..next to DrumJam is a little arrow..hit that and it will give you three option, first is main output, all of DJ go' through the effect and the next two options are either loops or pads..I thought that was very clever..

• I was actually thinking about the vocoder in Arctic Pro!

• Ahh sorry...if you can use Arctic Pro in the effects slot in AB then yeah you could..

• @Kloon just checked...you can't..

• k, thanks for checking! :)

• Thanks Doug.Never noticed that b4.

• Congrats and thanks. Very interesting!

• Cool idea, thanks for sharing.

• Very cool!

There are definitely other apps that use the AB multiple input/output options, it's just easy to miss them because you won't see that blue disclosure arrow in the connection list unless the app is already running when you go to select the slot.

• Safely watched this one because I already own both. :) Sounds awesome! It's actually my main use for voice synth - putting drums through it.

The voice synth dev has a user videos page and I'm sure he'd be glad to have this one. Maybe send him an email?