Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG GADGET Midi implementation chart - CC#'s

2»

Comments

• When will we get midi to control transport functions and mixer????!!!!

• @Philippe said:
    When will we get midi to control transport functions and mixer????!!!!

There's got to be something available somewhere, as the new nanoKONTROLStudio can obviously control these functions.

• Maybe somebody who owns nanoKONTROLStudio can use it with something like the Midi Vision app to see if that data is exposed when using the transport buttons?

• edited July 2016

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    With all the Gadget midi talk lately, thought I'd give this thread a bump as it contains @solador78 's great CC# list for all the gadgets at that time.

Yes, truly a great resource.

@solador78 you're missed...

It always sad when an guy like Solador78 disappear from the Audiobus forum that we like and really love :-(

I've got his email adress thru an project in the app TB MIDI Stuff, so, perhaps we should mail him and tell him that we missed him...

• Just wondering, has anyone found a solution to Gadget's midi stubbornness in mixing/transport department other than buying Korg's controller?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Maybe somebody who owns nanoKONTROLStudio can use it with something like the Midi Vision app to see if that data is exposed when using the transport buttons?

Smart and handsome? Quite the package, you.

• edited November 2016

Does Korg Nano Kontrol work with Gadget's mixer?

P.s. Sorry just realised I'm plagiarising @SpookyZoo

• @syrupcore said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Maybe somebody who owns nanoKONTROLStudio can use it with something like the Midi Vision app to see if that data is exposed when using the transport buttons?

Smart and handsome? Quite the package, you.

I really am! ;)

• A lot of these seem to coincide with the MS20ic defaults

Oh man...I didn't realise that, time to try using it with Gadget then :)
    Thanks for this little golden nugget

• @supadom @SpookyZoo

NanoKontrol2 doesn't work with gadget mixer unfortunately :( Well at least it didn't last time I tried. Which was just after the update that added support for the NanoKontrolStudio

• I would buy a real one if they added this amount of midi implementation to it, seems a shame they don't.

• Awesome.. anyone have a chart for the main mixer?? I really don't want to but more controllers I have enough I'd like to map the ones I have or make a TouchOSC or lemur template to control the main mixer.

Thanks in advance

• Handy charts, thanks!

• edited December 2016

Hi, guys! Why dont anyone mentioned that we also can`t map controller to the insert fx (IFX) parameters? I think its a huge lack.. for example, I cant insert Filter on some single track and then change its Cutoff in realtime using external midi controller. Good thing that we can at least use automation for these parameters in automation lane. Though, its not what I want exactly..

• Sorry to dredge up such an old post, but......well, I'm not really sorry. This post has some REALLY GREAT information!! So, to keep things on the same post (for those like me who bookmark them), are there any new developments in this area? I know that we now have transport midi access. Is there anything else?

• @Farmatique said:
    Hi, guys! Why dont anyone mentioned that we also can`t map controller to the insert fx (IFX) parameters? I think its a huge lack.. for example, I cant insert Filter on some single track and then change its Cutoff in realtime using external midi controller. Good thing that we can at least use automation for these parameters in automation lane. Though, its not what I want exactly..

I think this is still the case, annoyingly.

Good thread bounce by the way.

• The folks at Modstep have successfully made templates for most gadgets possibly from this information. Thinking amount of effort that probably involved makes my brain hurt :#

• Is there a current chart of CC defaults for all the Gadgets available?

• @davis_korgrd Hiya. Any chance that Korg already have a full Midi Spec sheet for all the current Gadgets?

If not, could I request it?

It would be a super useful document for users.

Thanks.

• @djcheepo said:
    Awesome.. anyone have a chart for the main mixer?? I really don't want to but more controllers I have enough I'd like to map the ones I have or make a TouchOSC or lemur template to control the main mixer.

Thanks in advance

5 years later. I’m looking for it too somehow.

Any update?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @davis_korgrd Hiya. Any chance that Korg already have a full Midi Spec sheet for all the current Gadgets?

If not, could I request it?

It would be a super useful document for users.

Thanks.

@davis_korgrd was here on forum more than year ago... :(

• The main mixer doesn’t appear to have any cc messages assigned to the faders.
    However when going into the editing window for each
    gadget you can find the cc list quite easily by pressing the
    'Function' button, bottom left of the screen.

Here’s a screenshot of the Fairbanks gadget.

The cc list is to the right hand side of the screen.
    Do the same thing for any of the other gadgets.
    Assign midi channel via either the main fader
    in the edit window or via the main mixer.

• edited January 2022

I couldn't find a complete Korg Gadget Midi Chart anywhere, so I had to make it myself. Here's ALL the default Korg Gadget Midi CC's plus additional details as of Jan 2022.

Please comment on the spreadsheet or here if there are any errors so I can fix them. As I documented this, it looks like Korg made a few mistakes or weird choices, but everything is documented as I found it in the app.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qWiRs-4csh9i8ioKuKx1c4-mPGBF-yEnWo6WiUgvJs0/edit?usp=sharing

• @uberhaus said:
    I couldn't find a complete Korg Gadget Midi Chart anywhere, so I had to make it myself. Here's ALL the default Korg Gadget Midi CC's plus additional details as of Jan 2022.

Please comment on the spreadsheet or here if there are any errors so I can fix them. As I documented this, it looks like Korg made a few mistakes or weird choices, but everything is documented as I found it in the app.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qWiRs-4csh9i8ioKuKx1c4-mPGBF-yEnWo6WiUgvJs0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks @uberhaus Welcome to the forum!

• @uberhaus said:

Great work, all gadgets incl IAPs and add-ons included. You even matched the colors.
    Perhaps you could also post this in the Gadget experiment thread? Or I can do it myself, what format would be best to upload? Can’t attach html, xlsx, etc (unless zipped).

• @uberhaus said:

Wow! Such work should have as much visibility as possible. I created a Korg Gadget 2 page on the wiki just to include that under Tips and Information. Also linked the post to the Forum Gold page.