Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Time Frame for Auduobus update

When can we expect this update with the new features, I understand AudioBus would be adding inter app support.

Comments

• What is it with putting question marks where they don't belong and leaving them out where they need to be?

Seriously though: we're still testing it, adding the last bits of the new UI (yep, you heard it here first, new UI because we're doing things that the old UI wouldn't have been able to represent). I want to say a few weeks but it could just be weeks.

We don't know if we're going to add IAA to the Audiobus app itself, but it certainly won't have IAA for Audiobus compatible apps, because that would mean that every Audiobus compatible app would have to update its SDK. We haven't released a new version of the Audiobus SDK so that is out of the question.

• +1 for what Seb said.

• @Sebastian thanks for the prompt response , looking forward for the update

• New UI because the old one won't cut it, eh? I'll let my imagination go wild with that one!

• Maybe a kind of saving presets of common combinations we use...would be cool...I don´t know.
    Whatever, it will be an improvement for sure.

• Looking forward to that :)

• I'm absolutely certain you guys will like it. It's a breath of fresh air. We've listened to your requests and made sure the most common ones were part of this update.

• edited October 2013

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait. I mean, obviously I will. It's just a figure of speech really.

I wish there were a way for me to add white dropshadows to this.

• I hope Midi is integrated! Any comments on that @Sebastian? If it is 'not' added, you can just say that it isn't, and I'll let it rest. :-)

• @boone51 you can cheat a little but it's hard to sell it on a white background.

• edited October 2013

Ok, thanks @Sebastian. I'll let it rest. :-)

• Multiple effects, both serial and parallel setups (or perhaps modular in that you draw your own connections from the input/sound source). I'll take no comment as a resounding yes...

• Audiobus is the (DOGS-BOLLOCKS)--(a major complement to those who don't understand)-but I would still love this PUREBRED to consider a BPM clocking device in its heart ( hinted at by Sebastian ,January16 2013 he said then it would be in upgrade3 and I can wait of course but please keep it high on the list Greenie

• We are and always have been considering it. It's clear that this is missing.

• Virtual CV/Gate, isnt that what Korg has done with WIST? I dont know what WIST is capable of but maybe this already allows one app to be the master. Maybe only 1:1 and not 1:n.

• WIST is almost useless, as it only syncs to separate hardware devices. It can not be used to sync Apps rung on the same device. And then only syncs Start.