Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What would make me like Tera synth more

I like Tera synth a lot. In theory. In practice, however, there's a few irritations. Getting the first one out of the way - the irritation of having exactly the same patch load up each time it is started up, and moving on to the main irritation. It isn't really real time. There's two levels of control tweakery, the first is to simply nudge the pots and sliders about, as you see them. The second level is where you select an input switch at which point you see a smaller panel overlay what was there and you're presented with an extract of whatever that source module is. Except, the keyboard is dead and nothing you do with the sliders and controls in that view will actually make a sound difference until you are no longer looking at that extracted view and are back to the full panel view. This alone (well, and the startup patch) make it a synth I'd like to use more, but find that I hardly ever do.

I wonder what it would take to make it fully real-time?

By the way, anyone with Tera synth, have you explored the percussion department in it?

Comments

• yes, frustrating. in fact, it actually is real time but the keyboard is inactive.

workaround is a midi keaboard or some other midi sound source while tweaking.

• @u0421793 said:
    I like Tera synth a lot. In theory. In practice, however, there's a few irritations. Getting the first one out of the way - the irritation of having exactly the same patch load up each time it is started up, and moving on to the main irritation. It isn't really real time. There's two levels of control tweakery, the first is to simply nudge the pots and sliders about, as you see them. The second level is where you select an input switch at which point you see a smaller panel overlay what was there and you're presented with an extract of whatever that source module is. Except, the keyboard is dead and nothing you do with the sliders and controls in that view will actually make a sound difference until you are no longer looking at that extracted view and are back to the full panel view. This alone (well, and the startup patch) make it a synth I'd like to use more, but find that I hardly ever do.

By the way, anyone with Tera synth, have you explored the percussion department in it

The starting up with the same patch thing seems to happen with all my Virsyn synths, and yeah, it is irritating

• edited November 2016

@MonzoPro said:

@u0421793 said:

By the way, anyone with Tera synth, have you explored the percussion department in it

The starting up with the same patch thing seems to happen with all my Virsyn synths, and yeah, it is irritating

Plus 1 on the irritating. I love the sounds in Tera, I have no idea how I'd ever make my own presets in it. I am intimidated by the never ending scrolling parameter pages/screens/fx. It goes on forever. I do like the randomize button though. :)

• Even though I like the sounds Tera Synth produces the UI puts me off big time.

I would prefer a 'paged' design instead of scrolling left & right and a proper modulation matrix instead of a parameter here and another there and some envelopes have mod-wheel modulation some have velocity some don't and it goes on like this and then I just close the app.

• UI is a nitemare.

It is the same concept that dissuaded me from Zed synth

Any way - I don't know to answer your question.

I can say that I always thought that Micro Tera was actually the most powerful of all Virsyn apps.

Tera just always irritated me.

The main thing that I used Addictive for faithfully was the 4 track

• I wonder why so many synths take you to one sound on opening. It really is a putoff. It's like Sunrizer. Great synth. Used to love the start up patch, now I hate it grrr arrrrgh

• @VirSyn stopped in on another thread about Addictive Pro, he might be listening here too...

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I wonder why so many synths take you to one sound on opening. It really is a putoff. It's like Sunrizer. Great synth. Used to love the start up patch, now I hate it grrr arrrrgh

That's funny (in the way that we find it comforting to see another sharing a common pain :))...Sunrizer's terrific but the sound of iTar 1 has become like fingers on a board or some doomish headmaster's voice calling my name through the halls....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I wonder why so many synths take you to one sound on opening. It really is a putoff. It's like Sunrizer. Great synth. Used to love the start up patch, now I hate it grrr arrrrgh

That's funny (in the way that we find it comforting to see another sharing a common pain :))...Sunrizer's terrific but the sound of iTar 1 has become like fingers on a board or some doomish headmaster's voice calling my name through the halls....

Yes, nightmares abound from that one sound (shudders). I image the devil has put aside a room with it playing constantly with a light drone of Addictive Pros 'Pads: 01 TwelveOsc' - O the inhumanity

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yes, nightmares abound from that one sound (shudders). I image the devil has put aside a room with it playing constantly with a light drone of Addictive Pros 'Pads: 01 TwelveOsc' - O the inhumanity

I would pretty much always prefer the 'last patch' to be loaded, but failing that I wonder how difficult it would be to just have something utterly random....?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I would pretty much always prefer the 'last patch' to be loaded, but failing that I wonder how difficult it would be to just have something utterly random....?

Especially on Addictive Pro as the random sounds it generates are usually pretty good

• edited November 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Same re: last patch. Or just a random preset.