Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a clip launcher with midi implementation

2»

Comments

• I posted an xml file earlier in this thread. You can use this one as a guideline. Feel free to PM me (or ask in this thread) if you have detailed questions.

• edited October 2016

@sonicreef What's the difference between looptunes and looptunes HD apart from the layout? Or do they have the same functionality?

• So, to summarize, there is no clip launcher which lets me to launch clips via midi (from other apps)?
    The closest I've gotten so far is with LP-5, which can change clips via midi notes, but that requires some planning and removes the benefit of playing around with song structures, as I then actually have to plan it all in a quite linear fashion.

It would be great with a clip launcher where I could import my own clips, have the usual suspects out there when it comes to control and also had midi control for launching clips (basically simulating a finger pressing a clip if the apps was in focus). Ah well.

• ohh if only Modstep could launch Audio clips

• @Hansson said:
    ohh if only Modstep could launch Audio clips

Exactly. ModStep is the app I would like to have in focus, and it can indeed send midi notes to LP-5 which can launch clips, but as stated in my previous post I then have to plan (and assign) a midi note to each of the clips in ModStep, which means LP-5 will go to the clip it is being told to only (and no other). Even if I map it cunningly to have the clips in ModStep to "map" the clips in LP-5, they will end up being one Link cycle apart, as the midi note gets sent, but LP-5 won't change clip until next cycle.

• Just simply buy a novation launchkey...

Until modstep adds somekind of loop sampler or garageband midi control over live loops.

Also try this. It has midi and clip launching similar to live/launchpad but even better if you are approaching this workflow for structured song composition.

• @hellquist said:
    So, to summarize, there is no clip launcher which lets me to launch clips via midi (from other apps)?
    The closest I've gotten so far is with LP-5, which can change clips via midi notes, but that requires some planning and removes the benefit of playing around with song structures, as I then actually have to plan it all in a quite linear fashion.

It would be great with a clip launcher where I could import my own clips, have the usual suspects out there when it comes to control and also had midi control for launching clips (basically simulating a finger pressing a clip if the apps was in focus). Ah well.

You could look into BeatMaker2.

I believe you can assign 64 loops or one shots to its 64 drum pads. And have them either loop or trigger.

And I think you should be able to map them to midi (but you better check).

No Link. But you could use Midi Link Sync which I've found to be very good.

• I decided at the end to buy Launchpad pro. It can be used in many useful ways including but not only managing propperly Launchpad app. I found my way with an hybrid set up where I control with half of my LP Pro an Ipad where Launchpad app is running and with other half triggering midi loops to a second Ipad. Midi looper used is Genome in the second Ipad.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

You could look into BeatMaker2.

I believe you can assign 64 loops or one shots to its 64 drum pads. And have them either loop or trigger.

And I think you should be able to map them to midi (but you better check).

No Link. But you could use Midi Link Sync which I've found to be very good.

Right. That actually seems to work in a way that I might be able to work with, as far as clip launching goes. BM2 still uses midi notes as the trigger (if I understand it correctly), though I would have preferred some other method (Program Change or other CC etc) of control that can still be used. Now, if there was a great and supersimple way of getting samples and loops into BM2...have to explore that before I'm out of the woods, and I can't find a simple way after 5 minutes cursory testing.