Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioCopy problem

Hi everybody,

I'm a long time reader here but never registered - until this morning, so it's my first post...

Strange problem with AudioCopy here: Everytime I start the app it's loading and the GUI appears, but then immediately the app disappears to the background. It's not possible to use the app. When double-tapping the home button I can see the app but when I want to open it the same s*** happens.
Also at the moment it's not possible to use it with other apps - no copy/paste possible, very annoying. I use it quite a lot.

I have two iPads ( Air 1st Gen ). One with 8.2 and the other with 8.3 - same problem on both devices.

I've already contacted Retronyms but no response yet.

Anyone similar problems?

Comments

• Hi, I have iPad 3 mini running iOS 8.3 and the same problem. I think it worked yesterday and stopped this morning.

• Still no response from Retronyms.
    This is really annoying, unfortunately AudioCopy quite often is sort of "semi-essential".

• @Tommygun Welcome to the forum Mister Gun. I take it that AudioShare can't step into the gap here for you. Certainly sounds like a bug. I would def. cross your fingers viz the developer (but not hold your breath maybe).

• @Tommygun - Ver 3 is opening on my iPhone 5C ios 8.3. Have to be honest that I don't really us it. Mostly use AudioShare. Have you tried a power off restart of your ipad and deleting and reinstalling AudioCopy? Your obviously not jailbroken since the ipads are on 8.2/8.3. I don't have it on my iPad Air, but it's running 7.1.2 so I don't think it would prove anything.

• I can't cope with AudioCopy, you should switch to Audioshare

• Thank you for all the suggestions!
    I'm really surprised but I got a rather quick response from Retronyms:

"...we've found that it crashes due to trying to load the Cloudseeder menu. As a temporary workaround while we work on a fix, please turn off your WiFi and network access on your iPad/iPhone, then reopen the app."

@JohnnyGoodyear - Honestly I think AudioShare is the much better solution for handling audio but most apps use AudioCopy in the first place ( e.g. sampling in Gadget or pasting in Cubasis ) and AudioShare would only be a workaround ( sadly! ). And I'm just too lazy to do this extra-step ;-)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I can't cope with AudioCopy, you should switch to Audioshare

Yeah, as I said, I think AudioShare is much better, but sadly in a lot of apps it is not implemented as well as AudioCopy ( or you have to find an annoying workaround ).

• edited April 2015

Thankfully the AudioCopy2 SDK reverts back to using general paste board so if the AudioCopy.App is not installed it's still possible to use 'AudioCopy' from AudioShare and paste into whatever app that support AudioPaste, the only downside is you need to rename the file once pasted...

It's little ironic that Retronyms post a video on Youtube on how to record samples with AudioCopy and it doesn't even work on iOS8.3 device, maybe they are using a new beta ;)

And yes, AudioCopy.app 'insta-quits' on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5, both running iOS8.3.
    Remove & Reinstall is bad suggestion as it will erase all the samples stored in AudioCopy...

• I deleted this battery sucking bloatware quite a long time ago.Bug in the cloudseeder?Aha...says everything.For what do i need the cloud if i want to copy a sample from one to another app?No need to answer,it was just a rethorical question.Missing the old sonoma pasteboard but AB,IAA and Audioshare are fine enough to me.

• i love the way that the Audiocopy sdk lets you preview/import samples within the music app such as Gadget.

Dropbox still has in my opinion the best implementation yet as it doesnt even have to open the dropbox app to preview/import the samples (see image).

If Audioshare added this kind of functionality it would have reached perfection :)

• @DaveMagoo said:
    i love the way that the Audiocopy sdk lets you preview/import samples within the music app such as Gadget.

Dropbox still has in my opinion the best implementation yet as it doesnt even have to open the dropbox app to preview/import the samples (see image).

If Audioshare added this kind of functionality it would have reached perfection :)

Agreed...
    And the reason I reinstalled ACP2 app is because working with loads of stems with apps that used to support Sonoma Pasteboard, but having to go all the time to audioshare, breaks the creative flow ;)

• With Apps implementing AudioShare SDK it's possible to preview the sounds (using audio share) before pressing the big blue "import Into app" button, but this we all already know...

• @Crabman said:

battery sucking bloatware

++

• @Samu said:
    With Apps implementing AudioShare SDK it's possible to preview the sounds (using audio share) before pressing the big blue "import Into app" button, but this we all already know...

yeah true but doesnt this open the Audioshare app?

• edited April 2015

Yepp, AudioShare.app is launched when doing import, but then again the same is true with the AudioCopy.app, as soon as you select AudioCopy from an app it launches the AudioCopy.app, sure there is an extra 'select sound sheet' in AudioCopy but for me it's just confusing to have different methods of browsing the same files. Needless to say I do prefer AudioShare for managing all my samples...
    (And why is there no fricking way to turn off the news-ticker in AudioCopy that keeps the network busy even when it's idling in the background).

• edited April 2015

@Samu said:
    Yepp, AudioShare.app is launched when doing import, but then again the same is true with the AudioCopy.app, as soon as you select AudioCopy from an app it launches the AudioCopy.app, sure there is an extra 'select sound sheet' in AudioCopy but for me it's just confusing to have different methods of browsing the same files. Needless to say I do prefer AudioShare for managing all my samples...
    (And why is there no fricking way to turn off the news-ticker in AudioCopy that keeps the network busy even when it's idling in the background).

Yeah, i agree what you say about Audiocopy, i would still like to see in Audioshare the Dropbox style as it is in Gadget as it seems the slickest ive used apart from you have to have an internet connection...

• It's now possible to open the app. I have found it also broke tabletop app. Both are fine now.

• For anyone experiencing the most recent (2016) WiFi connection / Soundcloud upload issue (not the old one in this thread from 2015), we have found the issue and will be submitting a fix to iTunes App Store soon. So keep an eye out for another AudioCopy update.

If you are currently experiencing this crashing issue, as a temporary work around:

Turn off your WiFi connection > open AudioCopy (you might have to open it twice as it may crash once after WiFi is off) > tap the Cloudseeder news feed which appears at the bottom (see attached image) > then wait for Soundcloud to load. It should say you're offline > with cloudseeder open, slide up the settings from the bottom of your iPad and turn on the WiFi switch, see the second image > then record your sound or find the sound you want to upload and tap the Share icon on that sound and upload the sound.

If you're still crashing after turning off your WiFi, you have a different issue and will need to contact us with details at [email protected]

• edited October 2016

Hi, i contacted some weeks ago to your support team as Audiocopy is not able to import samples anymore. When you try to import samples from audiocopy to any app a message appears saying "Failed to connect to Audiocopy.Please try again" . This happens with any app I try. Support team confirmed to me that the problem could be seen on their side and they would work on it but this already happened end of August. Are you aware of this bug? Any chance this will be solved?

• @Retronyms said:
    For anyone experiencing the most recent (2016) WiFi connection / Soundcloud upload issue (not the old one in this thread from 2015), we have found the issue and will be submitting a fix to iTunes App Store soon. So keep an eye out for another AudioCopy update.

If you are currently experiencing this crashing issue, as a temporary work around:

Turn off your WiFi connection > open AudioCopy (you might have to open it twice as it may crash once after WiFi is off) > tap the Cloudseeder news feed which appears at the bottom (see attached image) > then wait for Soundcloud to load. It should say you're offline > with cloudseeder open, slide up the settings from the bottom of your iPad and turn on the WiFi switch, see the second image > then record your sound or find the sound you want to upload and tap the Share icon on that sound and upload the sound.

If you're still crashing after turning off your WiFi, you have a different issue and will need to contact us with details at [email protected]

Thanks for the help but this is not a good app. For literally years, it has rarely worked reliably with any app other than iMPC Pro. You need to strip out the destabilizing crap (no one cares about your news) and just make the thing work.

• edited November 2016

@AlexB said:

Hi, i contacted some weeks ago to your support team as Audiocopy is not able to import samples anymore. When you try to import samples from audiocopy to any app a message appears saying "Failed to connect to Audiocopy.Please try again" . This happens with any app I try. Support team confirmed to me that the problem could be seen on their side and they would work on it but this already happened end of August. Are you aware of this bug? Any chance this will be solved?

Were confident that the issue is in our old AudioCopy SDK (pre 3.3) due to the way the SDK loads the AudioCopy app in other apps such as Gadget. We updated AudioCopy SDK awhile back but I don't think Korg has updated Gadget yet with 3.3 SDK or higher, which I can only imagine why your still experiencing this error.

The reason this bug occurs is due to how the AudioCopy SDK inside Korg goes to load AudioCopy app. When it does this it tries to load ALL the sound samples from your AudioCopy library at the same time causing it to time out. You will only experience this error when you have a large library, smaller libraries are much less likely for this to occur including iPad processing speed.

Our fix changes the SDK so now it will only load the top layer of sound folders instead of everything inside the folders and will only load the samples in a single folder once you tap into that folder. You could potentially delete samples from AudioCopy app to make it easier for the SDK to load them, but I realize that could be a huge inconvenience so I don't recommend doing that. Instead wait for AudioCopy SDK to be updated in Gadget. Same goes for other apps experiencing this issue.

• edited November 2016

Thanks @Retronyms (Eric I'm guessing?). Been working AudioCopy, Tabletop and iMPC Pro a lot lately, and I'm glad to see you're on the case.

• edited November 2016

@Littlewoodg said:
    Thanks @Retronyms (Eric I'm guessing?). Been working AudioCopy, Tabletop and iMPC Pro a lot lately, and I'm glad to see you're on the case.

Thanks! Glad to hear you're using them. If you have any questions or find any new issues or issues you believe we may have missed or even forgotten about, let me know at [email protected]

-Eric

• @robertreynolds said:
    You need to strip out the destabilizing crap (no one cares about your news) and just make the thing work.

+1

Audioshare and Dropbox are the way

• @AlexB said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I just talked to one of the Korg devs and he said that Gadget is still on AudioCopy SDK 3.2 which does not have this fix. He said he's going to update AudioCopy SDK to the latest with the next Gadget app update. I have no idea when that will be, but keep an eye out for it and please thank the Korg devs for the future update!

• @Retronyms I think one way the AudioCopy SDK could gain more momentum would be to include support for the standard iOS-FilePicker for both Copy & Paste operations.

This would mean that Audio Copy & Paste would no longer be 'limited' to content provided by the AudioCopy.app but would also enable direct pasting from other 'iCloud Drive' sources such as AudioShare, DropBox, iCloudDrive etc.

I think this is at least worth some consideration and would make many of us here more than happy :)

• edited December 2016

@Retronyms said:

@AlexB said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I just talked to one of the Korg devs and he said that Gadget is still on AudioCopy SDK 3.2 which does not have this fix. He said he's going to update AudioCopy SDK to the latest with the next Gadget app update. I have no idea when that will be, but keep an eye out for it and please thank the Korg devs for the future update!

Korg updated the Gadget app with the latest AudioCopy SDK! I just tested out AudioPasting into Gadget with a very large AudioCopy library and it connected and pastes just fine. Go update your Gadget apps!

If there are other apps still having this problem, let me know directly at [email protected] AND contact the developers of the other app as well.

@Samu said:
    @Retronyms I think one way the AudioCopy SDK could gain more momentum would be to include support for the standard iOS-FilePicker for both Copy & Paste operations.

This would mean that Audio Copy & Paste would no longer be 'limited' to content provided by the AudioCopy.app but would also enable direct pasting from other 'iCloud Drive' sources such as AudioShare, DropBox, iCloudDrive etc.

I think this is at least worth some consideration and would make many of us here more than happy :)

Are you referring to the general pasteboard feature? The one that appears when AudioCopy app is not installed on your device?

• yep i deleted audiocopy from retronyms. it constantly had bugs. i now just use the general copy paste on ios, and audioshare. works perfectly

• @Retronyms said:

@Retronyms said:

@AlexB said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Korg updated the Gadget app with the latest AudioCopy SDK! I just tested out AudioPasting into Gadget with a very large AudioCopy library and it connected and pastes just fine. Go update your Gadget apps!

If there are other apps still having this problem, let me know directly at [email protected] AND contact the developers of the other app as well.

@Samu said:
    @Retronyms I think one way the AudioCopy SDK could gain more momentum would be to include support for the standard iOS-FilePicker for both Copy & Paste operations.

Are you referring to the general pasteboard feature? The one that appears when AudioCopy app is not installed on your device?

Hi Eric,

Just tried and it works great with Korg Gadget! BIG THANKS!

Just sent you an email with other apps that have the same problem ( Launchpad,Drumperfect Pro) .

All the best

• @Retronyms said:

I'm referring to the standard iOS iCloudDrive/DocumentPicker.
    https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/DocumentPickerProgrammingGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html