Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Analog Synth X gets Audiobus (110916)

Analog Synth X by Aurelius Prochazka
https://appsto.re/us/oJBkab.i

(And IAA which I haven't tested yet, but AB seems to work nicely...)

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up.

• Great news here!

• And it's free. Cool!

• Hey, free, awesome!

• No filter envelope? Wha? Is this to entice me into building my own variant?

• Am I missing something or is there no way to save presets on this?

• I think it's actually just a sample project to show how to use AudioKit?

• ^^ yes, yes. AudioKit looks amazing!

• @brambos said:
    I think it's actually just a sample project to show how to use AudioKit?

Interesting that they AB'd it...

• this is the most disappointed i've felt since yesterday.

i thought you were talking about this:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/synthx/id421498091?mt=8

SynthX is Absolutely Amazing-! Jim Heintz, what happened?

• I Like this Synth a lot, its really Nice to Play with it.

• edited November 2016

Hey everyone,
    Matt Fecher here, creator of this app. Thanks for sharing the link and for the kind words.
    You are correct, this was an example we made for AudioKit, released almost a year ago. It is very basic. Do not expect much. It is meant to help people learn some basic audio programming and to provide a quick and easy example for folks looking for some basic synthesizer source code. When I was learning Swift, there were no freely available examples. So, this was a way for me to give back to the community.

We're all huge fans of Michael Tyson, AudioBus, and TAAE. So, we wanted to update this old app with AudioBus while Aure (of AudioKit fame) and I are working on a full-scale, professional open-source synth app. The new app we are working on already has many of things folks have requested in this thread: Filter Envelopes, Over 100+ presets created by sound designers for M83, Rihanna, Kanye, Tycho, Owl City, A step-sequencer, arp, touchpad, better MIDI support, and we hope it will sound good enough for you to want to use it in your music. Which would be the ultimate honor for us.

I hesitate to say that this new synth is a follow-up to Analog Synth X, as the code has been completely rewritten in Swift & C++. It sounds much better, and is a completely new synth. But, I'm not much of a graphic artist. So the two synths will look very much alike. :) This new iPad synth will also be completely FREE & Open-Source. If you want a preview, here's some tests I was running, controlling it with Ableton:

https://vimeo.com/185416540/95861fd3d1

Thanks again!

• @analog_matt said:
    Hey everyone,
    Matt Fecher here, creator of this app. Thanks for sharing the link and for the kind words.
    You are correct, this was an example we made for AudioKit, released almost a year ago. It is very basic. Do not expect much. It is meant to help people learn some basic audio programming and to provide a quick and easy example for folks looking for some basic synthesizer source code. When I was learning Swift, there were no freely available examples. So, this was a way for me to give back to the community.

We're all huge fans of Michael Tyson, AudioBus, and TAAE. So, we wanted to update this old app with AudioBus while Aure (of AudioKit fame) and I are working on a full-scale, professional open-source synth app. The new app we are working on already has many of things folks have requested in this thread: Filter Envelopes, Over 100+ presets created by sound designers for M83, Rihanna, Kanye, Tycho, Owl City, A step-sequencer, arp, touchpad, better MIDI support, and we hope it will sound good enough for you to want to use it in your music. Which would be the ultimate honor for us.

I hesitate to say that this new synth is a follow-up to Analog Synth X, as the code has been completely rewritten in Swift & C++. It sounds much better, and is a completely new synth. But, I'm not much of a graphic artist. So the two synths will look very much alike. :) This new iPad synth will also be completely FREE & Open-Source. If you want a preview, here's some tests I was running, controlling it with Ableton:

Thanks again!

Admire your effort and admire your work. Look forward to the big new baby etc.

• Sounds awesome. But… Owl City? I'm out!

• Coolness! Please drop a link here when you're done, very interested in seeing it!

• @Zetagy said:
    this is the most disappointed i've felt since yesterday.

yeah me too, but luckily the WOW SynthX is still running on older iPads. It's also a good MIDI controller with polyphonic aftertouch (y-axis).

• edited November 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Sounds awesome. But… Owl City? I'm out!

Should I put a warning label on those presets? j/k :smiley:

All joking aside, it's got a fairly useful preset system, allowing for rearranging, deleting, adding, renaming, duplicating, emailing, exporting and importing individual presets. No one is locked into the presets the synth ships with. It may actually be a bit of overkill for a free and open-source synth.

This is very much a tweaking synth, with individual morphing oscillators, and a quick immediacy of controls. I want to set expectations: It doesn't have a ton of complicated routing. So, I was surprised when sound designers kept sending me twice as many sounds as I'd asked for. The reason? It's just fun to make sounds on this thing. I hope people use the presets as a starting point for their own creativity. It's a really fun synth to tweak. Really excited to hear what people do with it!

• @analog_matt said:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks again!

Thanks for the app. Would it possible to save a sound you make from it(I don't know how to if there was). When I make a preset, then come out of it, it reloads to default. ;)

• @studs1966 said:
    Thanks for the app. Would it possible to save a sound you make from it(I don't know how to if there was). When I make a preset, then come out of it, it reloads to default. ;)

Thanks for asking. The Analog Synth X example is very simple and does not save presets. Though, our upcoming synth does (there's a screenshot of the presets system in my prev post). Thanks again!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Admire your effort and admire your work. Look forward to the big new baby etc.

My humble and sincere thanks. As many on this board can testify, writing open-source software is usually a thankless job. The nice comments on this board are encouraging me to finish the new code faster. So, THANK YOU!

• @Phil999 said:

@Zetagy said:
    this is the most disappointed i've felt since yesterday.

yeah me too, but luckily the WOW SynthX is still running on older iPads. It's also a good MIDI controller with polyphonic aftertouch (y-axis).

I know, right?! Sorry about that. Agree with you on this one. We were going to call the app "Swift Synth", as it was written all in Swift. Then Apple said "no way" as it infringed on their "Swift" language trademark. We had only a few minutes to think of a new name, so, we called it "Analog Synth" then added the "X" for "Xcode", which is the editor used to create the app. Afterward, immediately regretted the name and the confusion it might cause. To be fair, we didn't expect any general public users to download it, as it was simply a programming example for a finite audience (folks interested in created iOS synthesizers in Swift). Though, we are glad there some users out there that aren't developers! Glad you brought up this point.

• Thanks @analog_matt. I enjoy Analog Synth X and am glad to have found out about it on this forum. Your new synth looks great. I'm really looking forward to it.

• @analog_matt said:
    Hey everyone,

Thanks again!

Sounds really great, even the current example app is great amd very easy to tweak

• Sounds great & nice user interface. Looking forward to the big brother :)

• Mr Matt, thanks for the app.
    An elegant layout and nice sound.
    Looking forward to the next one.
    Thanks again.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.