Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does iOS 7.0.3 fix audio issues with ios7

iOS 7.0.3 has released today. Does anyone know offhand if it fixes the alleged audio problems with ios7. I can't seem to find any info on the update specific audio issues. Still not sure if I should update from 6 or wait longer.

Comments

• I think one of the users said that it fixes the Garageband bug. I'm still waiting to confirm it myself.

• do you think its safe to upgrade from 6. I run a lot of soft synths, various other audio apps and audiobus.

• If you absolutely rely on them working and you don't have a spare device that you can test them on I would be hesitant to upgrade.

• Is .03 available for anyone else in Europe?

• For me, yeah. Updating now.

• edited October 2013

Ok thanks, I'm in Sweden so it will probably pop up soon then

• @Sebastian Let us know what seems to be fixed and what doesn't seem to be fixed please!

• Reports on IOS Musician FB page that IOS 7 updated apps are flying with update.

• I can't update GarageBand because it's not on the app store for me yet. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

• edited October 2013

All new features in iOS 7.0.3

New iCloud keyring to manage your account names, passwords and credit cards

New password generator to create unique passwords for your online accounts in Safari

Update the lock screen, so "delete to unlock" is displayed

Re-adding the ability to search with Spotlight search directly in web and Wikipedia

A problem was fixed when sending with iMessage

A problem with the activation of iMessage is resolved

Improved system stability when using iWork apps

A problem with the calibration of the accelerometer was fixed

A problem with the sound quality of Siri and Voice Over Fixed

Fixed a bug that made it possible to circumvent the code on the lock screen

Improved adjustment to reduce the movement to minimize both movements and animations

A problem with the high sensitivity to the VoiceOver command has been fixed

The "Bold text" setting is now applied to the text in the numeric keypad

• Negative to the sound bug! Phone still goes mute . Have to make a call and turn the speaker phone on and it sometimes brings the speaker phone audio back. I'm on a 4S by the way.

• @mgmg4871:

can you elaborate a bit more about the"flying apps"please? ;)

• There were a couple of people that said IOS 7 updated apps were running faster with 7.03 update.

• "Improved adjustment to reduce the movement to minimize both movements and animations"

Is very good news.

• I just upgraded my IPad mini to 7.03 and now Animoog won't work with Audiobus.I've tried it with Cubasis and BM2 but I just can't get the Audiobus sidebar to show up.It loads but won't come out of sleep mode on the Audiobus screen.Nave and iSEM and StepPolyArp work fine but not Animoog.I can't tell if its a Moog or IOS problem but it works fine on my Ipad3 with ios6.Sure hope these issues get fixed before I get an IPad Air! Anyone else experiencing this?

• @Jomazz I had the same problem on a iPad3 running IOS 7.03 - Animoog crashes when launched from Audiobus

• edited October 2013

I took the plunge and went from iOS 6 to 7.03 on an iPad 3. Tried the new version of GB with iSEM and compared it with AB using Multitrack to record and it worked much better than GB which had lots of artifacts when you started to get some moderate polyphony going.

ISEM on Auria with IAA had problems similar to GarageBand with IAA but neither had a problem using AB. Perhaps the problem could be IAA settings aren't so automatically setup correctly as they are in AB? Will have to try other IAA apps too as Nave seemed to be okay in GarageBand and IAA.

• Open in works: you can choose the quality, including uncompressed and send it to AudioShare or a few others

• I had no problem opening playing and recording Animoog with IAA or AB.

• no problems with Animoog and AB either on iPad4 iOS 7.0.3.

• edited October 2013

@Paulinko

I took the plunge and went from iOS 6 to 7.03 on an iPad 3. Tried the new version of GB with iSEM and compared it with AB using Multitrack to record and it worked much better than GB which had lots of artifacts when you started to get some moderate polyphony going.

ISEM on Auria with IAA had problems similar to GarageBand with IAA but neither had a problem using AB. Perhaps the problem could be IAA settings aren't so automatically setup correctly as they are in AB? Will have to try other IAA apps too as Nave seemed to be okay in GarageBand and IAA.

On an iPad 3 you will never get an experience without hiccups when recording a CPU heavy synth into GarageBand via IAA simply because GarageBand isn't too light on the CPU itself.

Synth+Audiobus+MultiTrack DAW is one of the least CPU taxing setups that I know of.

• Btw. Animoog seems fine with GB on iOS 7.0.3. Need to test some more.

• Here no problem with Animoog+AB+Echopad; ipad 4 + iOS 7.0.3

• The bug with sound-notifications (Alarm Clock, calls) still crashing the audio engine of apps (including GarageBand) is still there. :/

• Too bad. By the way 7.0.3 has been green-lighted for still being jail-breakable. So I got it on the iPhone now. Hope it didn't break anything. Still holding on to 1.6.2 on the mini in order to keep my tweaks.

• @Sebastian - Ugh, that's obnoxious. I was about to test that out.

• Just want to update my previous post regarding Animoog not working on my Mini w/7.03; Well after going crazy last night reinstalling and rebooting to no avail I turned it on tonight and whatdyaknow it works fine with Audiobus and Cubasis.Go figure! Anyway now I can't wait to get a
    IPad Air!

• I think I too am going to hold off on the update until it's working 100%.. For now ios6 will have to do.

• guys ... try everything ... something will work for you .. mute un mute ... close all apps ... open all apps ... plug in sound cable ... take out soundcable ... do a hard reset 3 times during music playback via a sound cable ... worked for me ... no issues fixed ... fix it yourself ... share in boycot ios7 your solutions on facebook

• That sounds like more work than the IOS 7 issues which are very few.