Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Virsyn AudioReverb AUv3 update

2»

Comments

• @VirSyn said:
    Got it. Fix is already uploaded to Apple.
    Sorry and thank you for patience...

Looking forward to more AU Unit conversions of your excellent apps. ;)

• @studs1966 said:

@VirSyn said:
    Got it. Fix is already uploaded to Apple.
    Sorry and thank you for patience...

Looking forward to more AU Unit conversions of your excellent apps. ;)

Same here. I really like Virsyn apps, but I hardly use any non AU fx now...why? It's so much easier to adjust them and play keys on the iPad at the same time.

• I've definitely bought my last non-AU effect or instrument.

• The only non AU fx I will buy in the future is more of the Auria built in fx

• FX seem to be the hardest thing for me to get my head around what's what. So let me pose a hypothetical future where @j_liljedahl has already put the AU in AUFX and any other FX worth mentioning has gone AU and is universal. So we can set aside technicalities like IAA vs AU and iPhone vs iPad. Also assume one already has them all. How do you decided which one to use? I mean just for reverb alone I count AudioReverb, AUFX:Space, Reverb - Feedback Delay Network, RF-1, and Zero Reverb. That's setting aside ones that seem to be more than just reverb like R0Verb. If I try to list delays I think my head will explode!

• I'm on an Air 2 with iOS 9.3.5 and Auria Pro 2.08, the Virsyn reverb is still on 2.0 and not showing up in the Auria Pro AU list...I figure the fix hasn't cleared Apple yet?

Thanks for the quick attention to the dev. And I'm with many of you, now that AU standard is shaping up to be iOS music productions version of VST, buying effects/virtual instruments now without it will be difficult. IAA and AudioBus work great, but that true plug in feel with AU is really great, especially on Auria, which is really starting to feel like ProTools on a tablet.

I hope other devs follow VirSyn's example and implement AU into their old apps...

• I went to 10.1.1 and it showed up, it did not in 10.1.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    We're spoiled by the number of Devs who keep an eye on this forum ;)

So true

• Yes On my iPhone 5s I see it (latest iOS 10.1.1) but not on my iPad air 1 (iOS 10.0.2). I guess if I update the iPad air it will work.

@VirSyn said:
    Have now reproduced it on an old iPad 3rd gen 9.3.5, but it turned out that no AU was shown there, even the Apple developer test AUs.
    Anyone out there seeing other AUs and not seeing AudioReverb ?

• Update is live. And working nicely on 9.3.5. Thanks @VirSyn for the swift response.

• Updated to the latest Os and it's working.

• Updated and works great :)

• I really like this reverb, sounds lush and natural. Much better sounding than DDMF Envelope in my subjective opinion, which always sounds a bit honky to my ears.

I've done a quick comparison in Auria, the piano is treated with 3 different reverbs:

Virsyn AudioReverb

DDMF Envelope

Auria Classic Verb Pro

Untreated

• This and AUFX Space are my favourite reverbs I think. (For big warm electronica reverb sounds).

• @richardyot said:
    I really like this reverb, sounds lush and natural. Much better sounding than DDMF Envelope in my subjective opinion, which always sounds a bit honky to my ears.

I've done a quick comparison in Auria, the piano is treated with 3 different reverbs:

Virsyn AudioReverb

DDMF Envelope

Auria Classic Verb Pro

Untreated

It does sound more natural than DDMF.
    Thanks for the evidence.

• Ooh. Pretty colors and AUx. Had to get it just for that, but it is really, really a nice reverb. This is going to get a lot of use. :smile:

• I used to use this a ton but stopped because it became a pain to route out of auria and back, very happy I can use it in auria directly now. It uses convolution for early reflections and algorithm for the late reflections and tails.

• Wow this does sound quite good kudos @VirSyn ! More AU's please...I'll get them all

• @mrufino1 said:
    I used to use this a ton but stopped because it became a pain to route out of auria and back, very happy I can use it in auria directly now. It uses convolution for early reflections and algorithm for the late reflections and tails.

But, in Auria Pro, as an AU, it almost impossible to choose an preset with the right name from the tiny narrow list...
    If I want one instance of Virsyns AudioReverb I choose it at IAA rather than AU...

And, I must agree with many of you; Virsyn AudioReverb sound fuckin' good!

• @VirSyn The Auv3 version of AudioReverb doesn’t have a patch browser built-in, yes? Is there a way to access presets in Drambo or NS2 for example?

• @Strigoi said:
    @VirSyn The Auv3 version of AudioReverb doesn’t have a patch browser built-in, yes? Is there a way to access presets in Drambo or NS2 for example?

The built-in presets show up in the host’s preset list for the plug-in

• @espiegel123 said:

@Strigoi said:
    @VirSyn The Auv3 version of AudioReverb doesn’t have a patch browser built-in, yes? Is there a way to access presets in Drambo or NS2 for example?

Yes, but how do you access that in Drambo stand-alone? It's easy in Audiobus or AUM, but not obvious in Drambo.

• @uncledave said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Strigoi said:

Yes, but how do you access that in Drambo stand-alone? It's easy in Audiobus or AUM, but not obvious in Drambo.

No idea about Drambo.

• @Strigoi said:

Thanks for getting my attention to this problem. AudioReverb currently needs a host with preset management. Will push the priority for an update fixing this.

Harry