Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sector

Any news on sector updates..
Would love to see an update
Either way still loving sector.

Comments

• The developer (@j_liljedahl) is active here on the AB forum. He also has a forum for his software.
    http://kymatica.com/forum

• There are some apps... that you wonder... what is it that they could actually do to improve it?

• I wish I could buy it twice, so I could run 2 instances on the same device ! Or an iPhone version ?

• You can also find him using social media, or whatever the hell Twitter wants to be called these days.
    https://twitter.com/j_liljedahl

I think he also belongs to that highly selective and exclusive iPad Musician's Group on Facebook.

• I bet he wears a velvet smoking jacket when he codes.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I bet he wears a velvet smoking jacket when he codes.

No, no. Naked in an ice-bath with Wagner on 11.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I bet he wears a velvet smoking jacket when he codes.

No, no. Naked in an ice-bath with Wagner on 11.

• Nah.. it's more like this:

• edited October 2016

@skiphunt said:
    There are some apps... that you wonder... what is it that they could actually do to improve it?

Link, please. :smile:

• Is it possible to make Sector as Au plugin? Multiple instances would be great!
    Also another feature I'd love to see is sampling straight into sector. :)

• Only want link and ableton export ( only )
    Big ask, but would make it perfect

• edited October 2016

Link is the way to heaven. o:)
    I've got nice stuff prepared.
    Just need link.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Nah.. it's more like this:

Does your modem still beep at you like a robot when you connect?

• Sector makes me tremble with joy when shit starts gettin' skitchy in the most soothing way.

Especially with string samples with latin percussion samples mixed.

• edited October 2016

Link, link, link Sector is nearly perfect but adding Ableton LINK would make it perfect. Believe link was promised last last year. Hope @j_liljedahl will make it happen this year ;)

• he's probably busy being a not so new still new dad, that won't excuse him from the Estimable Kymatica sample slicer we are all waiting for.

• @kobamoto said:
    he's probably busy being a not so new still new dad, that won't excuse him from the Estimable Kymatica sample slicer we are all waiting for.

Um ...c mon....he has um 18 years to be a dad and the baby doesn't know what is going on anyway.

• yeah but it's only the first half that's worth the trouble, these are the good days :)

• @mannix said:
    Link, link, link Sector is nearly perfect but adding Ableton LINK would make it perfect. Believe link was promised last last year. Hope @j_liljedahl will make it happen this year ;)

I know I know.. It will happen! But please remember: just host SECTOR inside AUM and it will get Link for free, as with any IAA-syncable app.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@mannix said:

I know I know.. It will happen! But please remember: just host SECTOR inside AUM and it will get Link for free, as with any IAA-syncable app.

Other apps come and go, but yours are always on my iPad. Every time I have a music app clear out, they have a knack of appearing indispensable.

• edited October 2016

@j_liljedahl said:

@mannix said:

Thx for the AUM hint! But I have, as more people here @ audiobus, not so deep pockets that I can afford to buy every app that I want. AUM is not the easy buy for me price-point wise. Should really have bought AUM at introduction when I had some more budget. But at that time other must have apps came along... Now I'm holding off and off and I'm at the point waiting for Audiobus 3.0 (AUM killer?). But still AUM is high on my want list and of course what you did with your Audio apps for iOS can count on my support and also purchases of future apps. Keep up the good work :)

• @RustiK said:
    Sector makes me tremble with joy when shit starts gettin' skitchy in the most soothing way.

Ah, the difference between American and British English. Over here, when shit starts gettin' skitchy, it's time to visit the GP. :#

• @j_liljedahl said:

@mannix said:

I was pleased as punch to discover this. AUM is definitely worth it.

• @HandOfEmpty said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@mannix said:

I was pleased as punch to discover this. AUM is definitely worth it.

I know. But somehow I always get attracted by instruments instead of effects, daws, etc.

• @j_liljedahl
    Hi,
    I'm not sure but probably related to the switcher panel issue fixed in your FX apps recently, I'm experiencing the same problem with SECTOR.
    Every session ends with reboot. Just tried now with only SECTOR running in AUM, after couple of minutes spinning wheel...
    Air 2 - iOS 11.4.1

• @recccp said:
    @j_liljedahl
    Hi,
    I'm not sure but probably related to the switcher panel issue fixed in your FX apps recently, I'm experiencing the same problem with SECTOR.
    Every session ends with reboot. Just tried now with only SECTOR running in AUM, after couple of minutes spinning wheel...
    Air 2 - iOS 11.4.1

Yeah, this is a bug in iOS 11 in Apples IAA switching panel, which I have removed now in my AUFX apps. I will remove it in SECTOR as well. For now, just avoid using the switcher panel, and instead switch from sector manually!

• That's what I suspected when I saw the update. Still on IOS 9 here and never experienced such problems, so ignored the update for the time being.
    You might consider to add such details, though I understand that Apple wouldn't be amused about them o:)

• Was playing with Sector yesterday. It’s still one of my favorites.
    High five @j_liljedahl

• Still hoping for full screen AU , or using more Sectors :)

• @Korakios said:
    Still hoping for full screen AU , or using more Sectors :)

Yes, I’d like this very soon! > runing an atmospheric sample against a rythmic one in two instances of sector seems a like a lot of fun. I really need this in my life !

I will buy the AUv3 version of the aufx’s as i really love them, but its less urgent as we already can access to several alternatives