Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FL Studio Mobile 3

be sure to read the comments under the video

Comments

• They hope to release it soon.... 1 - 2 weeks time? They've added a TB 303 plugin too(Transistor Bass)......

• edited October 2016

Looks good. Any word about Audiobus, IAA and AU?

• Looks interesting, can't wait!

• Nice UI...
    Hope to hear more about AU/IAA/AB soon, and a bit disapopinted that they still seem to limit the "sampling" to a drum sequencer... A real sampler would have been much appreciated.
    Waiting for more info here ;-)

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    Nice UI...
    Hope to hear more about AU/IAA/AB soon, and a bit disapopinted that they still seem to limit the "sampling" to a drum sequencer... A real sampler would have been much appreciated.
    Waiting for more info here ;-)

If I'm not miss-informed he 'Direct Wave' is for user samples?!

Anyway, free is good so when it lands on the AppStore I'll update my FLM2 asap :D
    (I'm keeping it on the iPad just so I will not miss the update).

• edited October 2016

Nothing in that video stands out for me at least I might be able to save up dollars for Derek's drum app that is soon to drop.

• @Samu said:
    If I'm not miss-informed he 'Direct Wave' is for user samples?!

Anyway, free is good so when it lands on the AppStore I'll update my FLM2 asap :D
    (I'm keeping it on the iPad just so I will not miss the update).

Thanx for the info Samus... I don't know at all about FL studio to be franck... never bought it on iOS (and was not very impressed by it when I tried it on PC about 15 years ago lol...).
    If there is a sample oriented module included, I will take a look...

PS for Samu only (lol) : But anyway, it is now getting very hard for me to imagine using another central music making app than Gadget, I admit... I just whish so bad that they would improve abu dhabi a little bit, to give more possibilities (such as more precise sample editing tool and additionnal options such as one-shot/hold modes for each pad, easy audioshare import/export, easy pitching to be able to make an instrument from a sample - unless I missed that option, ...).

• @ElGregoLoco said:

PS for Samu only (lol) : But anyway, it is now getting very hard for me to imagine using another central music making app than Gadget, I admit... I just whish so bad that they would improve abu dhabi a little bit, to give more possibilities (such as more precise sample editing tool and additionnal options such as one-shot/hold modes for each pad, easy audioshare import/export, easy pitching to be able to make an instrument from a sample - unless I missed that option, ...).

As long as your working within Gadget and need 're-samping' exporting to iTunes will make the samples available for Bilbao and AbuDhabi...

This way you could 'export/convert' scenes/tracks to samples and use Bilbao to play everything :D
    (Quick and easy way to remix Gadget-Stuff).

• @ElGregoLoco said:

Thanx for the info Samus... I don't know at all about FL studio to be franck... never bought it on iOS (and was not very impressed by it when I tried it on PC about 15 years ago lol...).

When FL Studio was simply Fruity Loops, it was really bad, nothing more than a toy. The name change was also its transition to a serious, more professional tool.

• edited October 2016

@theconnactic said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

When FL Studio was simply Fruity Loops, it was really bad, nothing more than a toy. The name change was also its transition to a serious, more professional tool.

When FL Studio was called Fruity Loops and at version 1, it was merely a midi step sequencer and was very cheap...and with the lifetime updates that came with it when I bought it, It was a very sound investment indeed..... :)
    I still prefer the old name though ;)

• Judging by the android release I wouldn't be too quick to update. So far you can't even import a midi file into it. Not to mention missing instruments etc.

• edited October 2016

@Samu said:
    As long as your working within Gadget and need 're-samping' exporting to iTunes will make the samples available for Bilbao and AbuDhabi...

This way you could 'export/convert' scenes/tracks to samples and use Bilbao to play everything :D
    (Quick and easy way to remix Gadget-Stuff).

Thanx Samu and sorry for the mistake : my remarks (wishes for more functionnalities) were for Bilbao (that I use every day, multiple instances per track) not for Abu Dhabi (I never use it, too much clips and pops when using it...)... I always mess up the Gadget names (I've always been bad at geography lol).

• edited October 2016

@AndyPlankton said:

When FL Studio was called Fruity Loops and at version 1, it was merely a midi step sequencer and was very cheap...and with the lifetime updates that came with it when I bought it, It was a very sound investment indeed..... :)

When it was still Fruity Loops but already at version 7, it was nonetheless cheap and toy-ish. ;) The name change could have been for worse, but all the rest were huge, vast improvements. And yes, given how drastic those improvements from Fruity Loops to FL Studio were, your investment was indeed sound. :)

• @Tritonman said:
    Nothing in that video stands out for me at least I might be able to save up dollars for Derek's drum app that is soon to drop.

Which drum app is that? (Derek)?

• @Telstar5 said:

@Tritonman said:

is that the one I saw a few months ago that will be going for around $60.00, usd?

• edited October 2016

@Telstar5 said:

@Tritonman said:

Drum Session done for him by Blue Mangoo.
    Supposed to be great for drag and drop creation along with midi. Sometime this month was the last target date I saw and it has been in beta for two or three weeks now I think. Easy drummer type of thing is the word. He had some stuff over on his Facebook page that sounded great.

• Remember guys, this is a universal app. It's a DAW of sorts which Gadget isn't and as such we've not got a lot to choose from.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Remember guys, this is a universal app. It's a DAW of sorts which Gadget isn't and as such we've not got a lot to choose from.

Not only universal as in iPad and iPhone, but universal as in iOS - Android and Windows (via VST)

• I'm familiar with FLStudio, I've used it for years, it's very deep once you really get into it. Back on-topic, I think Gadget is so well featured (IMO) anything trying to set itself up as competition (for on-board synths / sequences stuff) is going to have a tough time.

I look forward to it nonetheless.

• Hopefully the robust piano roll options from desktop make it in to this one. It's nice to be able to reverse, flip, stretch, and shrink midi patterns

• I am completely underwhelmed by the demo, I can't see them shifting many of these unless there is a boatload of stuff they didn't mention. If they had released this years ago, it might have been interesting, but there is so much out there already which offers so much more (apparently - I don't want to completely pre-judge it).

• @AndyPlankton said:

@theconnactic said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

Word! I haven't used it since moving to OSX but I got like a decade of updates out of it (I started back when it was a vertical MIDI step sequencer as well). Kind of amazing, really.

• @Igneous1 said:
    I'm familiar with FLStudio, I've used it for years, it's very deep once you really get into it. Back on-topic, I think Gadget is so well featured (IMO) anything trying to set itself up as competition (for on-board synths / sequences stuff) is going to have a tough time.

I look forward to it nonetheless.

A linear timeline is a really big bonus for me.

• edited October 2016

and was not very impressed by it when I tried it on PC about 15 years ago lol

Strange comment given that Fruityloops back then was probably more powerful than whatever App you are now using on iOS. Making fun of FL Studio today just makes people look ignorant. Its used to make many of the chart toppers in everything from EDM to Rap. For example, make this in your App? Seven lions uses FL Studio:

FL Studio Mobile 3 looks like an Epic win for FLM 2 owners and poised to be developed into something pretty special. I don't know of any other DAW App that works on iOS, Android, Windows and as a VST plugin.

• edited October 2016

Well, plain old vertical MIDI Fruity Loops - unfortunately it was indeed a toy. Videogame visuals. Very basic functionality. MIDI only, step only. Yes, it was weaker than most iOS music apps we use today (even the MIDI-only ones), and don't forget the weaker of current iPads have four times more RAM and a CPU four times as fast as the PCs we used to have 15 years ago.. Geniuses can make art with toys, but them toys keep being toys nonetheless:

Take a look a the video, you'll like it!

P.S.: and of course, FL Studio is another beast. Deep, very powerful application. It relates to old Fruity Loops just as a modern man to the australopithecus.

• edited October 2016

Australopithecus lasted about two million years, homo sapiens haven't done much better yet, and may not (all the strangers came today, and it looks as though they're here to stay...).

• edited October 2016

Lol! Hope it's not a bad omen for FL Studio!

• @theodolite said:

and was not very impressed by it when I tried it on PC about 15 years ago lol

Strange comment given that Fruityloops back then was probably more powerful than whatever App you are now using on iOS. Making fun of FL Studio today just makes people look ignorant. Its used to make many of the chart toppers in everything from EDM to Rap. For example, make this in your App? Seven lions uses FL Studio:

Funny! Gonna be seeing Seven Lions tomorrow night.

• edited October 2016

I've used FLstudio to create 10 albums from v7 onwards. I also used it prior to that to do much more basic electronic stuff. Yes, I am something of a fanboy :)

People have been slagging it off for years - doesn't really matter, in my view.

• @syrupcore said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@theconnactic said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

Word! I haven't used it since moving to OSX but I got like a decade of updates out of it (I started back when it was a vertical MIDI step sequencer as well). Kind of amazing, really.

They have an OSX version of FL Studio in the works I believe.

And for those interested in whose using it https://image-line.com/flstudio/powerusers.php

FL Studio is a very capable product nowadays, regardless of it's original roots, and if the same improvement and expansion happens with FL Studio Mobile, then I am glad I am on board now at these really cheap app prices that we enjoy today