Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any talented Devs on here?

Pleeeeease , Can someone write a simple app that can record internal audio?

The app Werkbench managed it, via a volume limit trigger. in effect, being able to record any sounds made from any app, game, website, etc.

I would happily pay $$ for this ..

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• edited October 2013

Just an idea... get a cable like this:
    http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=115&cp_id=11509&cs_id=1150908&p_id=601035&seq=1&format=2#description

Plug the mini jack into the iPad, and then plug the 1/4" male into the 1/4" female. Then the iPad's stereo out will feed into the female 1/4" output, which will in turn feed into the 1/4" input, which will in turn feed into the line-in connector on the iPad mini jack.

Set your DAW/recording app to Line In / Mic input, and mute its output so you don't get a feedback loop from the DAW. Then switch apps to whatever app you want to record. As long as background recording is working on the DAW you should be golden.

Only catch is this will become a mono signal. There are probably similar stereo cable splitters out there like this, but this is the first thing I found.

This is basically a loopback cable. You could DIY it with a single 4-position TRRS plug/cable, if you soldered/shorted the line in ring to the line out tip/ring. YMMV.

• It's not possible to capture the audio of any app internally. That's why we have stuff like Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and JACK. You need to use a loop-back cable and record the analogue sound output. Or use an audio interface with optical/digital in/out and make a lossless loop.

• amazing, thanks Jesse, brilliant. Will give it a try.

J, Werkbench manages it somehow? Maybe it's through the built in mic, but that would be OK.

• Similar to Jesse's method.....this from Pantsofdeath's blog, here... http://www.pantsofdeath.com/the_new_pants/?p=392

Mr Funky Turnip told me about this one…. anyway – to get my lovely new drum sounds out of KraftPad and into other apps for sequencing I just did the following:

1. Get out my cheap ebay iRig guitar connector and connect the guitar-in socket to the phones out socket.

2. Plug the ipad/mic plug into the ipad phones socket as usual.

3. Open up Audioshare and select Mic as an input and Press record

4. Switch over to KraftPad and run through each of my drum sounds

5. Back to Audioshare and press stop

(er – obviously you cannot hear any of this happening up to this point)

1. unplug iRig – and voila – you have all your samples in a track in Audioshare for you to splice and use as appropriate.

Sent from idevice thingy...

• Do you think you could add a headphone splitter to this to monitor the sound?

• I bet it would work. :-)

• For sure a splitter would work to be able to hear