Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audulus Analog Delay/Chorus + Spring Reverb - Ready to drop into Audiobus!

I made a cool new analog-modelling delay/chorus+reverb patch for Audulus specifically for all you guitarists out there. It's modelled after the Endangered Audio Research AD4096 and has a really sweet sound to it.

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• Yes, it really sounds so sweet :)

• I know guitarist seam to be immune to noise,
    but I am not.

• @lala said:
    I know guitarist seam to be immune to noise,
    but I am not.

Sorry, what do you mean? The hiss in the background? That's from the amp simulator.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Sounds sweet.

Thanks!

@lala said:
    yes

Well, sorry - I've never heard a guitar amp that doesn't hiss. The noise isn't coming from Audulus though, and so if you don't use guitar and want to use this effect with a synth or something, the hiss won't be there! :)

• edited October 2016

maybe it gets a little better with a gate? ;)
    this noisy stuff always reminds me of my 90s home studio,
    I can't play that stuff to anyone to noisy for my taste, sounds cheap

• @lala said:
    maybe it gets a little better with a gate? ;)

There is a noise gate option but it sounds weird if you're not playing with a full band - it's distracting with it cutting in and out. Most guitarists don't use noise gates either because they suck out sustain.

• edited October 2016

gate with the delay should work, so you are not back to nothing when the gate cuts out ...
    Nevermind :)

• @lala said:
    gate with the delay should work, so you are not back to nothing when the gates cuts out ...

The delay would not allow the gate to close ;)

• edited October 2016

@Audulus_Mark said:

@lala said:
    gate with the delay should work, so you are not back to nothing when the gates cuts out ...

The delay would not allow the gate to close ;)

hehe
    amp>gate>fx ...
    not amp>fx>gate

• You would still hear the hiss in the delay - anyway, I'm done talking about this - no offense, it's just very beside the point and amp hiss does not bother guitarists. If you play synths then no hiss for you! :)

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    You would still hear the hiss in the delay - anyway, I'm done talking about this - no offense, it's just very beside the point and amp hiss does not bother guitarists. If you play synths then no hiss for you! :)

+1

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    You would still hear the hiss in the delay - anyway, I'm done talking about this - no offense, it's just very beside the point and amp hiss does not bother guitarists. If you play synths then no hiss for you! :)

I play synths, and I've purchased plugins just for the purpose of emulating various types of hiss. I say bring on the damn hiss!

• edited October 2016

with this setup you are doubling the hiss,
    constant hiss from amp + delayed hiss ...
    doesn't give good demo, Im picky

• @brice said:

@Audulus_Mark said:

I play synths, and I've purchased plugins just for the purpose of emulating various types of hiss. I say bring on the damn hiss!

Yeah, the Ampex ATR-102 has some really nice tape hiss on it (UAD plug). I actually like it, especially paired with tape warble.

• thats different,
    in that case you want to dirty it up

• @lala said:
    with this setup you are doubling the hiss,
    constant hiss from amp + delayed hiss ...

Now that I think about it, I actually added hiss from the ATR-102 when I mixed this video. I went back and listened and the original is much quieter. Can we leave it there? Thanks! :)

• I like a little hiss for that lo-fi flavour.
    Nice sounding delay.

• @firejan82 said:
    I like a little hiss for that lo-fi flavour.
    Nice sounding delay.

Thank you!

• @lala said:
    xxxxxxxx,
    xxxxxx ...
    xxxxxx, Im picky

No?!

:)

• Some of these comment are stupid.sorry!!
    It sounds great.that's all folks

• @Audulus_Mark said:

@brice said:

@Audulus_Mark said:

Yeah, the Ampex ATR-102 has some really nice tape hiss on it (UAD plug). I actually like it, especially paired with tape warble.

Indeed. I have the Studer UAD plugin and use it on just about everything. U-HE Satin is quite useful as well.

• @brice - same! My input channel for most everything is Neve 1073 -> Studer -> Fairchild 660 - the result glows so much it's almost radioactive! :)

• edited October 2016

actually no they aren't > @flo26 said:

Some of these comment are stupid.sorry!!

yeah, I just shut up
    no more tips & tricks from me o:)

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    @brice - same! My input channel for most everything is Neve 1073 -> Studer -> Fairchild 660 - the result glows so much it's almost radioactive! :)

Those two are on my UAD wishlist....which is more like a "drain my bank account into oblivion" list! But there's no denying how good their stuff sounds.

• Maybe " useless" would be a better word ?
    Cheers!

• edited October 2016

maybe useless to you ;)
    I would have just said oh, thats to much noise if it wouldn't have been in the tips & tricks section
    Im not here to piss ppl off

• @brice said:

@Audulus_Mark said:
    @brice - same! My input channel for most everything is Neve 1073 -> Studer -> Fairchild 660 - the result glows so much it's almost radioactive! :)

Those two are on my UAD wishlist....which is more like a "drain my bank account into oblivion" list! But there's no denying how good their stuff sounds.

Just wait for the right sales - sign up for their email list and make sure you open every single email they send you (they can track that stuff). They will eventually send you lots of good coupons - I got the Fairchild 660/670 for FOUR DOLLARS. It was two coupons + crazy summer sale. Seriously. A $300 plugin version of a $20,000 compressor for $4.