Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ problems

Crashes to background when trying to export user presets on Air2 iOS 9.3.5

Anyone else getting this? Is it a known issue?

Comments

• confirmed on Air 1 / 9.3.5
    there seem to be more and more small issues like that with the app, hopefully Cacewalk can do a bug fix update

• @nick said:
    confirmed on Air 1 / 9.3.5
    there seem to be more and more small issues like that with the app, hopefully Cacewalk can do a bug fix update

Thanks for the confirmation. I will report the issue.

• Be interesting to see if you get a reply. I think they have abandoned it. If you follow the link to developers web site it links to the PC/Mac version. If you click on products and then z3ta for iPad you just go straight back to the App Store.

• I've had Z3TA+ on my Watch List for probably over a year now. I even upgraded to a Pro 12.9", so I can't cite "performance" as a reason now for not buying it. And despite probably 100's of dollars spent on gratuitous app purchases, I still managed to resist Z3TA+, if only because I can't recall a time where the people on this forum conclusively felt that it was being supported and worked properly.

• @StormJH1 said:
    I've had Z3TA+ on my Watch List for probably over a year now. I even upgraded to a Pro 12.9", so I can't cite "performance" as a reason now for not buying it. And despite probably 100's of dollars spent on gratuitous app purchases, I still managed to resist Z3TA+, if only because I can't recall a time where the people on this forum conclusively felt that it was being supported and worked properly.

I only happened by it in my app folders and decided to have a play. Shows how often I use some apps (I.e. Not a lot).

I do like fiddling around programming sounds on Z3TA but have never used it beyond that.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Be interesting to see if you get a reply. I think they have abandoned it. If you follow the link to developers web site it links to the PC/Mac version. If you click on products and then z3ta for iPad you just go straight back to the App Store.

That's not really promising for ios version. Dang.

• Cakewalk posted in their forum that iPad software development hadn't done well for them...I appreciated the honesty, not expecting Z3ta updates any time soon though.

• @sirdavidabraham said:
    Cakewalk posted in their forum that iPad software development hadn't done well for them...I appreciated the honesty, not expecting Z3ta updates any time soon though.

^^^^ That is not good news!!! :anguished: Do you have a link?

• Sorry to say, but Cakewalk has had their head up their ass for a while now. They've had this notice on their support page for 2 months.

They put the following notice out over 5 months ago. Pretty much none of this has happened, and they no longer accept incoming phone calls.

• @telecharge said:
    Sorry to say, but Cakewalk has had their head up their ass for a while now. They've had this notice on their support page for 2 months.

They put the following notice out over 5 months ago. Pretty much none of this has happened, and they no longer accept incoming phone calls.

hmmm, wonder what's going on. How big of a company is CW?

• @High5denied said:

No idea, but they're owned by Gibson.

• Apple should acquire Z3TA, stick it in Logic alongside Alchemy.

• I get nearly daily emails from Cakewalk on the new stuff for PC

• Z3ta is a very disappointing app. It's one of the strongest synths on iOS along with others. However the lack of updates is a huge issue. I've made presets that I can make use with. Unfortunately when connected thru Audiobus running into cubasis the Audiobus controls work only when you flip the screen over. THIS IS NOT AUDIOBUS' FAULT. I'm unable to play anything live. As soon as I hit record Z3ta+ crashes. It's absolutely aggravating because I love Z3ta's power. So the work around is to run it via midi in cubasis then let the audio record. Thank God cubasis fixed the zoom in the midi notes. I deleted cubasis numerous times so big ups to cubasis. Sorry sidetracked! Z3ta is an awesome synth even with the amount of time that it's been out. If you're going to buy it for its creative power awesome do it! Just know you're going to have a need to get used to crashes galore and a longer workflow process. I use it for melodies, leads, and atmospheric pads.

• I don't think this is necessarily about Z3TA or even iOS. Cakewalk's customer service has been on the fritz for months.

I would really like to buy Cakewalk's synth Rapture Pro. But I can't, because when I go on the forums, I read about a guy who has had problems with it for three months, which they haven't yet addressed. So I must wait until they fix his problem.

As many of you know, Cakewalk's Sonar has been available on a subscription basis since 2015. This summer they announced they were selling their highest level Platinum version with unlimited updates. Based on my experience and what I read in the forums, customer support immediately collapsed. Some tickets are totally ignored for months. In the forums, Cakewalk has been honest about addressing this. They have been hiring and training all summer. But it's not fixed yet. And I'm sure that it doesn't help that they are preparing a Mac version of Cakewalk now.

But anybody who needs help needs to go to the forums, which is what I recommend to you @Fruitbat1919 if you haven't tried already. Try the "Cakewalk Instruments" forum.

• @Reid

To be honest I've got sidetracked by new synths :p

• edited September 2016

@Reid

To be honest I've got sidetracked by new synths :p (and crap life stuff) since I posted this thread a month ago :)

• I think someone needs to point out to their management that if they don't update their software, and fix the bugs then new customers won't buy it. I would have bought it, but have been waiting for it to be updated - but that hasn't happened.

Duh.

• @telecharge said:

@High5denied said:

No idea, but they're owned by Gibson.

Huh, didn't know that. The new Gibson guitar I bought a few months back is still tickin. Hasn't needed a software update yet!

I think Z3TA and Nave are the two synths I regret the most purchasing, though they still both seem to work well for what I use them for, I just don't use them a whole lot.

• edited October 2016

I emailed cakewalk back in May to query if they were ever going to fix this, or if development of the ios version has stopped.

Simple yes or no question really.

Got a reply saying they'd respond in 3 days. When they hadn't done so I emailed a chaser two weeks later. No response a week later, so I emailed again. No response after 2 weeks. I emailed again.

Three days later they replied!

As noted above the announcement of lifetime updates has apparently broken them.

'We're sorry our support team missed you. We've been inundated with questions since our June 1st announcement regarding Lifetime Updates and SONAR OS X Alpha. We've been working around the clock to get back to everyone as quickly as possible.'

They then went on to give me a discount code for 15% off their products as 'a small token of appreciation for your patience and continued support.'

Incredibly they didn't actually answer my question though.

'If you still require assistance, please reply directly to this email so we can get you squared away as quickly as possible.'

I emailed back saying I'd still like an answer. No reply; emailed again after a week. No reply; emailed again after two weeks.

Still no reply.

Anyway, just saying I think they've abandoned it.

I also wouldn't ever reccomend them to anyone, as I'd be worried about issues with their software never being addressed, or not getting responses to any queries. They really appear to be terrible at customer service. 5 months on and no response.

As a reward to anyone who read this far if you want 15% off a cakewalk product, you can have my code if you DM me. I'm definitely not going to use it.

• @MichaelRocketship said:
    I emailed cakewalk back in May to query if they were ever going to fix this, or if development of the ios version has stopped.

Got a reply saying they'd respond in 3 days. When they hadn't done so I emailed a chaser two weeks later. No response a week later, so I emailed again. No response after 2 weeks. I emailed again.

'We're sorry our support team missed you. We've been inundated with questions since our June 1st announcement regarding Lifetime Updates and SONAR OS X Alpha. We've been working around the clock to get back to everyone as quickly as possible.'

They then went on to give me a discount code for 15% off their products as 'a small token of appreciation for your patience and continued support.'

'If you still require assistance, please reply directly to this email so we can get you squared away as quickly as possible.'

I emailed back saying I'd still like an answer. No reply; emailed again after a week. No reply; emailed again after two weeks.

Still no reply.

I also wouldn't ever reccomend them to anyone, as I'd be worried about issues with their software never being addressed, or not getting responses to any queries. They really appear to be terrible at customer service. 5 months on and no response.

As a reward to anyone who read this far if you want 15% off a cakewalk product, you can have my code if you DM me. I'm definitely not going to use it.

Wow. A Phd course in how to fail at public relations in a few short paragraphs...

• edited October 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MichaelRocketship said:

Still no reply.

Wow. A Phd course in how to fail at public relations in a few short paragraphs...

And still they wonder why sales are down...

• I do believe that Cakewalk will fix their customer service. It may take awhile, but they will do it.

My real concern with them is their decision to make Lifetime Updates available. My concern is the long-term viability of the Sonar subscription model if all users don't pay for it.

The Subscription deal that began in Feb 2015 is: we are going to provide you with a lot more service than other companies, but you have to pay monthly for it. And they delivered stupendously, in my opinion.

The new deal is apparently: we will provide you with better service, but if you pay a few bucks today--it will be ABSOLUTELY FREE. FOREVER. 20 years, 30 years, 40 years, free. Does this make sense? Maybe. Maybe they will keep making the software better and better that more people will buy in the future and pay monthly. But I have my concerns about how far and how accurately they are projecting into the future.

Particularly because as soon as they offered the Lifetime Updates customer support collapsed. This seems a reasonable indication that they weren't prepared for how popular the offer would be.

By August, when the Lifetime Updates offer was set to expire, customer service was still broken. Still, they extended the offer until the end of the year. I have my doubts whether they will ever stop offering it.

I may address this on the Sonar forum someday. I still believe in the future of Sonar, but the user base has a bigger stake in it than Gibson, which is reaping great rewards today.

• @Reid said:
    My real concern with them is their decision to make Lifetime Updates available. My concern is the long-term viability of the Sonar subscription model if all users don't pay for it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Image Line (FL Studio) has been offering Lifetime Updates for years and they're doing just fine. In fact, they just topped a MusicRadar reader poll.

@Reid said:
    I may address this on the Sonar forum someday.

I wouldn't recommend it. It has already been debated to death in this thread and many others.
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/Big-announcement-SONAR4Life-SONAR4Mac-SONAR4You-m3426481.aspx

• @telecharge IMO Cakewalk is taking on a lot more with their Lifetime Updates than Image Line is.

FL Studio seems to update twice a year. Sonar updates monthly. And these updates can be huge, adding thing like Addictive Drums 2 (worth $150), a Drum Replacer, and new technology like the recent Plugin Load Balancing.

Each Sonar update comes with an elaborate PDF that explains everything in detail and videos on almost everything. You can see the kinds of things they do here. http://bit.ly/2dVzZ5o They also tell you about the features they are currently working on, one of which is a Feedback Portal where users can vote on the features they want the most.

To my knowledge, this is more work than any DAW has ever taken on.

FL Studio shows exactly how it can be done. Keep the updates on the modest side. Compare what they are doing with what Cakewalk is doing.

But I still think it's best for everyone if companies charge for the work they do. Free updates now and then and charge for a big one. Or a subscription. It just makes sense.

• Thanks, Reid, but I'm already familiar with all of this.

Addictive Drums 2 is a separate product developed by XLN Audio that comes bundled with Sonar Pro and Platinum.

I don't know how you evaluate workload, but I'm sure Cakewalk would be pleased that you believe they are taking on more than their competitors.

• edited October 2016

My issue with them not updating Z3ta+ is I really like it.

I bought the desktop version because I liked the app so much and wanted to use it in a straightforward way in ableton. Having it on ipad means I can make patches on the go and then use them at home. I should have checked the export feature beforehand, but it's in the description and I assumed it worked.

Turns out it's been broken for a long long time.

The least they could do is remove it from the app description.

I've had to jailbreak my ipad to get at the patches, since apple have locked non jailbroken devices out of the file structure. Huge faff.

I kind of feel like it's been worth the effort as it really is a fun, very deep, great sounding synth, love that modulation matrix, but I shouldn't have to go to this bother to use it as advertised.

• I thought I would check on Z3ta to see if it was on sale, and it was not showing for my territory (UK). Anyone else unable to see Z3ta on the Store?

• I read in some comments on disccord that it isn't on the app store anymore? News to me. Shame too, even though i don't use it much i liked it.

• @PhilW said:
    I thought I would check on Z3ta to see if it was on sale, and it was not showing for my territory (UK). Anyone else unable to see Z3ta on the Store?

Same here (USA). And the links from Cakewalk website to AppStore either didn't function or I saw the App Store message "not available" I tried Z3TA and some other ios app they had listed in their site. Very sad for app owners.