Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectivity Users - Please Help! (Solved)

edited September 2016 in Other

As a member of this community with a huge investment in iOS music apps who has recently returned to making music on the computer, obviously it is very important to me to be able to integrate my music apps.

Studiomux works great in my DAW, Sonar. If I want to play my apps on the iPad, I'm all set. But I want to play them through my MIDI controller. I've tried and tried, but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Other Sonar users on the Cakewalk forum use iConnectivity products.

Over a week ago I purchased an iConnectAUDIO2+ and it worked a few times. But it only worked when the iConnectivity iConfig for Audio App on my iPad recognized that it was attached. After awhile it just said "No Devices Found."

I have not had any help from iConnectivity. There has been some response from them, but so far not a single word of advice for how I might deal with this problem. In frustration, I sent it back and got a replacement. The new one has never even worked once. But by getting a new one, I clarified that the problem is on my end.

I know that this thing works great for countless people, many of whom are on this forum. I'm not doing something right. Has anybody else had this problem? Do you have any advice for me?

It's working reasonably okay as an audio interface, playing the sound of my computer to my speakers. But it's not letting me bring my iPad's audio into the computer.

By the way, I also tried the Presonus iTwo. While it is also a budget audio interface with an iPad connector, it does not have the functionality that the ICA2+ does. You can only use it to record audio into an iPad.

Any advice you can give will be tremendously appreciated.

Comments

• Hi, don't know if I got exactly your problem but if the problem
    is to connect a midi controller maybe you can use this adapter to control your ipad by Blue tooth. https://ask.audio/articles/review-yamaha-ud-bt01-and-md-bt01-bluetooth-to-midi-interfaces

Would this help?

• I own a iconnectmidi2. Dunno if it works the same but I guess so.
    Guessing some more: have you checked and enabled e-v-e-r-y single port in the iconnectivty firmware/mixer?
    Have you routed your midi source/port to your iconnect audio digital ports?

• edited September 2016

Some ideas to try, if you haven't already. For "no devices found" Try deleting the iconfig audio app on the ipad. Then either using the iconfig for the computer, which is better, or reinstall the ipad app. One thing to look out for is that when you make changes to the routing in iconfig, you have to "save settings to flash memory" or something to have them stick after the power gets turned off for the day.

Once the computer is talking to the iconnect, It would be a good idea to google how to do a factory reset, and make sure the firmware is the latest.

To get ipad audio into the computer, you have to delve into the audio connection matrix. You can unhook everything, if that makes it simpler, and just make connections you need. It has a little mixer for the sources, (so you can monitor audio inputs, and the ipad, at the same time as hear audio from the computer).

For the computer inputs, i would go (and the default setting might be close to this)

Audio input 1 & 2 > computer input 1&2
    Ipad output 1&2 > computer input 3&4

Then on the ipad

Audio input 1 & 2 > ipad input 1&2
    Computer output 1&2 > ipad input 3&4

Audio outputs (to your speakers) 1&2 should be connected to the audio mixer.

Then audio mixer inputs could be

Audio input 1&2 > mixer input 1&2
    Computer output 1&2 > mixer input 3&4
    Ipad output 1&2 > mixer input 5&6

Then you can change the volume, or mute each channel, in the mixer page in iConfig. Make friends with the mixer page, you 'll be in there a lot with this interface.

Good luck!

• Here's a question. are you using the same cable as the first audio interface ?
    Its possible its defective. Also their cable quality is pretty terrible.
    i actually broke mine just by pulling a bit too hard. i'm currently using the CCK3 + official Lightening cable with mine.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Here's a question. are you using the same cable as the first audio interface ?
    Its possible its defective. Also their cable quality is pretty terrible.
    i actually broke mine just by pulling a bit too hard. i'm currently using the CCK3 + official Lightening cable with mine.

This.
    I also had issues with cables and their interfaces.

• Let us know a bit more about your setup and what you've tried in iconfig. I take it you can load iconfig ok on your computer. In that case best to do a factory reset. (Device menu)

Then make sure that the iOS checkbox is ticked in the audio info page on the port the ipad is connected to. Best to have them all ticked anyway.

• @Carnbot said:
    Let us know a bit more about your setup and what you've tried in iconfig. I take it you can load iconfig ok on your computer. In that case best to do a factory reset. (Device menu)

Then make sure that the iOS checkbox is ticked in the audio info page on the port the ipad is connected to. Best to have them all ticked anyway.

@Carnbot I had the same issue as hes having. it was literally the cable that was the issue. their lightening cable is super flimsy. I got a replacement and that stopped working too. i just gave up and started using a cck3 with a standard usb cable and it works perfectly now. and thanks to the cck3 i can still charge the ipad with the official lightening cable. Its not ideal but its super reliable. as opposed to their shitty cables which are not.

@Reid. try using a CCk. even the old one and connect the iconnectaudio2+. if iconfig shows that its connected its definitely your cable that is the issue.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Let us know a bit more about your setup and what you've tried in iconfig. I take it you can load iconfig ok on your computer. In that case best to do a factory reset. (Device menu)

@Carnbot I had the same issue as hes having. it was literally the cable that was the issue. their lightening cable is super flimsy. I got a replacement and that stopped working too. i just gave up and started using a cck3 with a standard usb cable and it works perfectly now. and thanks to the cck3 i can still charge the ipad with the official lightening cable. Its not ideal but its super reliable. as opposed to their shitty cables which are not.

@Reid. try using a CCk. even the old one and connect the iconnectaudio2+. if iconfig shows that its connected its definitely your cable that is the issue.

Definitely worth trying another cable, mine are still working ok but occasionally I get a communication problem and yes it's probably the cable which is at fault.

• It was the cable! I was using my own cable and it worked for the computer audio interface, but when I hooked up a new cable, the device immediately appeared in the iPad app and everything worked.

Thank you so much everybody!!!!! Particularly @gonekrazy3000 and @carnbot for making that suggestion.

But thank you @mschenkel and the @Processaurus for taking the time to give such thoughtful answers.

And @AlexB, this is an excellent idea too.

I'm very fortunate to have access to this great forum. Definitely buying the new audiobus! ; )

• Hey, I work with iConnectivity and I want to help sort this out.

The iConnectAUDIO2+ uses any Lightning-USB cable, not the proprietary one. That doesn't mean you don't have a bad cable, of course.

Reid, if you want to meet on the iConnectivity forum I can pick this up. Right now I'm tapping on an iPhone waiting for a movie to start, so I'm not much use. :)

• Thanks, @nickbatz
    It looks like I'm good to go. I wish I had posted here sooner.

• edited September 2016

@Reid said:
    Thanks, @nickbatz

Once an Audiobusser, Forever an Audiobusser. remember that next time :p

• @nickbatz said:
    Hey, I work with iConnectivity and I want to help sort this out.

The iConnectAUDIO2+ uses any Lightning-USB cable, not the proprietary one. That doesn't mean you don't have a bad cable, of course.

Reid, if you want to meet on the iConnectivity forum I can pick this up. Right now I'm tapping on an iPhone waiting for a movie to start, so I'm not much use. :)

@Reid said:
    Thanks, @nickbatz

@Reid said:
    It was the cable! I was using my own cable and it worked for the computer audio interface, but when I hooked up a new cable, the device immediately appeared in the iPad app and everything worked.

Thank you so much everybody!!!!! Particularly @gonekrazy3000 and @carnbot for making that suggestion.

But thank you @mschenkel and the @Processaurus for taking the time to give such thoughtful answers.

And @AlexB, this is an excellent idea too.

I'm very fortunate to have access to this great forum. Definitely buying the new audiobus! ; )

Hello Reid,

its very unfortunate i bought iConnectAudio2+ Yesterday, mine is ipad 2017/ ios 11, i have used the lightening connector with iconnect , the audio bus not showing the devices. its too strange. i have flashed the new firmware as well. no luck again. iconnect able to recognized by mac, but not my ipad. whats your suggestion, i planned to return the device?

• @androidglaxyman said:
    Hello Reid,

its very unfortunate i bought iConnectAudio2+ Yesterday, mine is ipad 2017/ ios 11, i have used the lightening connector with iconnect , the audio bus not showing the devices. its too strange. i have flashed the new firmware as well. no luck again. iconnect able to recognized by mac, but not my ipad. whats your suggestion, i planned to return the device?

I have the iConnectAudio4+ and one thing I've noticed is that whenever the iPad goes to sleep, it disconnects and you have to restart the iConfig AUDIO app and/or the iPad to get the connection back. For this reason, I disabled auto-sleep on my iPad and it has improved reliability by 10x. Once you have a connection in iConfig, all other apps should recognize the device. From my experience, it's been quirky but reliable.