Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For Lovers of the Sampling Artform

check out Yosi Horikawas mini doc called Layered Memories: Searching for Sound. It's the first video on this page

http://yosihorikawa.net/index.html

Comments

• edited September 2016

I like the Boiler Room gig, but if I was him I'd have stopped the music and shouted PUT YOUR BLOODY PHONES DOWN at the 'audience'.

What's the Novation thing he's twiddling?

• It´s a Launch Control XL

• In the boiler room video he is using a Novation, remote sl zero, the launchcontrol Xl is in the Red Bull Music live streaming video - the one with no audience.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    In the boiler room video he is using a Novation, remote sl zero,

Cheers Andy, looks like a good thing

• edited September 2016

only because he is the best samplist that covers other samplist live (not just a looper but a Samplooper :)

• @kobamoto said:
    check out Yosi Horikawas mini doc called Layered Memories: Searching for Sound. It's the first video on this page

http://yosihorikawa.net/index.html

OMG! I loved that little film. And, I found it very inspiring. Literally. It's inspired me to try something else and marry my core competency with my newer passion.

• you're welcome, I found it inspiring too :)

• Really great post

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I have often stared longingly at pictures and adverts for them :|

• Anyone have any suggestions for videos that show methodology for how these maestros work once they are sequencing and performing? The little snippets "behind the screen" are fascinating to me.

• edited September 2016

Anyone have experience with those Sennheiser HD25-1-ii cans he's wearing? I could use some better closed-ear isolating monitors for field recording.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I'm doing that now...

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I'm doing that now...

The bastards !

• @skiphunt said:
    Anyone have experience with those Sennheiser HD25-1-ii cans he's wearing? I could use some better closed-ear isolating monitors for field recording.

Great documentary, really enjoyed that and his music on his site.

I've used those cans for a number of years in the past, with the velour pads and split headband I found them pretty confortable. The nice thing about them is that they're really durable, so for trekking about recording things you don't need to worry about them getting damaged easily. They're also quite loud, very popular with DJs.

Sounds quality is good, not great. I personally found the Focal Spirit Pros to have better low end and isolation myself. Or step up to in ear monitors, great isolation and much better sound quality for the price IMO.

• edited September 2016

@Tarekith said:

@skiphunt said:

Great documentary, really enjoyed that and his music on his site.

I've used those cans for a number of years in the past, with the velour pads and split headband I found them pretty confortable. The nice thing about them is that they're really durable, so for trekking about recording things you don't need to worry about them getting damaged easily. They're also quite loud, very popular with DJs.

Sounds quality is good, not great. I personally found the Focal Spirit Pros to have better low end and isolation myself. Or step up to in ear monitors, great isolation and much better sound quality for the price IMO.

My interest wouldn't necessarily be great sound, but loud and easy to make out fine detail and more isolated from the ambient sound. Which would you recommend for this (without breaking the bank)? ;)

Also, comfort to wear for extended periods of time. I've got some ath-m40x cans, but I find them uncomfortable to wear for more than a half hour or so.

• The HD25's are an "on ear" type of headphone, so they rest on your outer ear and not go around it like most closed back cans. So it's definitely a unique feel, and something not everyone bonds with. At the very least if you try them buy from some place you can return easily.

For out and about recording, I think they would work fine though.

• @Tarekith said:
    The HD25's are an "on ear" type of headphone, so they rest on your outer ear and not go around it like most closed back cans. So it's definitely a unique feel, and something not everyone bonds with. At the very least if you try them buy from some place you can return easily.

For out and about recording, I think they would work fine though.

I believe the SP 25's that are popular with djs are actually different than what this guy is using. Looks like there's another model SP-25-1-ii 70ohm that're over the ear and twice as expensive.

I've also got some Sennheiser 580s that are decent and comfortable, but not that great for isolating detail. I've also got some old Yamaha rh5ma's that are ok. Been curious about the standby Sony 7506s, but I'm assuming those are more suited as flat, studio, accurate music monitors.

Ultimately though, I'm guessing it's all personal and subjective, so you just have to try what's best for you and hopefully be able to try and return if necessary. Thx

• edited September 2016

i dusted off this dinosaur today, looked up a manual online & am finally figuring out how to use it. even got the 32mb smartcard properly formatted, which i somehow was never competent to accomplish in my younger years. its actually been fun as hell but i should probably order a power supply or else my AA battery budget is gonna skyrocket

• forgot the pic though...

• edited October 2016

Post your own music!

This is all found sounds and mangled up found sounds
    I can't remember what the source of the pad was, something very boring that turned out to be lush after endless treatment, lol
    Oh I remember it was a drumloop

Put together in iSequence on iOS

• Nice doc, thanks for posting

• @lala said:
    Post your own music!

This is all found sounds and mangled up found sounds
    I can't remember what the source of the pad was, something very boring that turned out to be lush after endless treatment, lol
    Oh I remember it was a drumloop

Put together in iSequence on iOS

Good.

• I love this thread.