Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just had a play with Caustic and all I can say it's Awesome!!

Went back and revisited this Universal app Caustic and was blown away with the sounds of the synths! FM Synth, Modular, Subsynth, Vocoder Synth and so much more!

Had six modules looping via Aleph Looper all on my iPhone 5s. Amazing!!!

Now that I understand IOS more it makes a whole lot more sense how it's all working. Caustic is awesome!!!

Comments

• I agree. Caustic offers so much stuff I miss in Gadget. If only Caustic could handle MIDI clock or Ableton Link :(

AFAIK the upcoming version doesn't change that. Because the development of Caustic is soooo slow we have to wait at least one more year to get a proper sync solution.

• I'm using it as a sound module for infinite looper into AUM or AB

• I used Caustic for years on Android before I made move over to Apple and put off getting it for ages on iOS. Big mistake, it is indeed rather awesome! To get around the sync issue you can pair it with Modstep, Modstep sequencing and Caustic handling the synths. Gadget now uninstalled.

• Didn't think of Modstep. I've been having such a fun time with just using the iPhone. Will check it out. I still have Gadget installed cause it's really inspiring too but when I want a different sound, then Caustic is great.

• edited September 2016

Thanks for the hint, but using multiple apps at once is killing my musical creativity. The big fun factor when using Caustic is the all-in-one concept.

• I'm having a hard time creating patterns so inf looper is more straight forward.

• Caustic and Auxy is all I use on the iPad now... If only Nanostudio had midi out. I would've used that instead of Auxy to Sequence midi.

• What's your typical workflow? Sounds interesting.

@Hex047 said:

Caustic and Auxy is all I use on the iPad now... If only Nanostudio had midi out. I would've used that instead of Auxy to Sequence midi.

• I'm still trying to figure it out... Right now I'm using to Auxy to sequence Caustic synths, then importing the midi file from Auxy to Caustic and continuing work from there.

• Holy smoke!
    When I dove into iOS a while ago, I was very picky about the apps I thought I would NEED. For some reason, I thought Caustic was a poor man's Gadget. And maybe it is!
    But I just saw this insane Caustic tutorial.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=VlDO0uZ_Y4Q
    I am intrigued. HOW do you all use it with Modstep? I would pay good money for a tutorial series on this shit!

• Wow that was cool!

Check this one out about adding Acoustic guitars to Caustic:

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Holy smoke!
    When I dove into iOS a while ago, I was very picky about the apps I thought I would NEED. For some reason, I thought Caustic was a poor man's Gadget. And maybe it is!
    But I just saw this insane Caustic tutorial.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=VlDO0uZ_Y4Q
    I am intrigued. HOW do you all use it with Modstep? I would pay good money for a tutorial series on this shit!

You may have been meaning A Modstep tutorial, however the Dev of Caustic has amazing tutorials for all of the modules. They're really impressive and a very good introduction to all the different synthesis methods it includes.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CausticApp/videos

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow that was cool!

Check this one out about adding Acoustic guitars to Caustic:

Didn't know it did that!!!!
    Obviously don't spend enough time learning it's full capabilities.

• The Caustic dev has been pretty quiet. Stay at home Dad apparently. Caustic is brilliant. Caustic beta is brilliant-er. Wish he'd release it.

• Is this being updated? Very tempting.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is this being updated? Very tempting.

Yes but it's been on hold for a long time. I don't remember the differences between the current live version and the beta any more it's been so long. Luckily the iOS beta doesn't expire.

• Hey how can we get on the beta test or is it closed?

Also, can someone try the sample import? It's telling I don't have the latest Audioshare version.

• Wow!!! Sampling beat box kit in Caustic:

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Hey how can we get on the beta test or is it closed?

Also, can someone try the sample import? It's telling I don't have the latest Audioshare version.

Just do Open In from AS. AB and AS haven't been updated lately but they still work for the most part. I believe iOS beta is closed now.

• Hasn't been updated since October 2014. Gives one pause.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Hasn't been updated since October 2014. Gives one pause.

Yes although the dev was actively working on finishing Caustic early this year. I believe all the major bugs are squashed. He also built a nice looking mastering app. But... one man operation and stay-at-home dad with a couple of young kids...

• We should get him in here, let him know that there's a fanclub forming....

• Caustic 3.2 beta is available for android users and it's brilliant!, especially the time stretching & resampling features.

I have used it a few times with no issues.

• Out of the 50 or so apps ive bought this is one of the few that still grace my ifad. Rej's tutorials are as good as it gets, which allows a bonehead like me to not have to spend so much of my time guessing and pecking and cursing. Im not very synthy so i just load my own sounds and create away. Outstanding app.

• Cannot wait for the 3.2 on the iOS!

• i think I requested the ios beta just as he stopped hooking people up. Hotly awaited around here. I especially want the stereo sample support and non-4/4 time signatures.

• Been using caustic a lot for a couple days and it is brilliant, I ignored it for a long time but that was dumb 🤣
    I can't figure out how to send midi from fugue machine in AUM to each synth separately but you can send midi to just the synth that's showing on screen so that's helpful, a bit of labor but it does work... Anyone know of a way to send midi to specific synths?
    Also that vocoder modulating is awesome from beatbox!
    Long live caustic

• @reasOne said:
    Been using caustic a lot for a couple days and it is brilliant, I ignored it for a long time but that was dumb 🤣
    I can't figure out how to send midi from fugue machine in AUM to each synth separately but you can send midi to just the synth that's showing on screen so that's helpful, a bit of labor but it does work... Anyone know of a way to send midi to specific synths?
    Long live caustic

Caustic always on my front page... quite often just to do algorithm stuff with the 8bit synth and plumb it through the modular input... none of todays fancy pants analog modelling but a shed load of weirdness to be had..
    in the midi settings page there is a tick box thing which switches from midi to onscreen instrument to midi channel for each instrument... then a big list of midi CCs# you can reassign if you want..

• @RockySmalls said:

@reasOne said:
    Been using caustic a lot for a couple days and it is brilliant, I ignored it for a long time but that was dumb 🤣
    Long live caustic

Caustic always on my front page... quite often just to do algorithm stuff with the 8bit synth and plumb it through the modular input... none of todays fancy pants analog modelling but a shed load of weirdness to be had..
    in the midi settings page there is a tick box thing which switches from midi to onscreen instrument to midi channel for each instrument... then a big list of midi CCs# you can reassign if you want..

Nice I see that list of cc now! Totally looked over it before haha
    Ya it's a brilliant app and the modulation stuff is simple, pretty intelligent design here..
    I saw a bunch of presets on their website that linked to the Google play store to purchase some drum and pcm synth presets... Do you have any idea if those will work on iOS

• Definitely one of best iOS apps now with a ‘new’ Jupiter pro theme :)
    Can’t complain anymore about the lack of frequent updates seeing apps removed from Appstore, others buggy , promoting sound packs ,overhyped etc...
    It just works :)