Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi chord player for foot controller?

Hi,
I came across this app which is so awesome:
http://www.dreamfootexperience.com/

It allows you to enter a sequence of chords for your verse, chorus and etc. Then it allows you to use your foot controller to tap and move on to the next chord in the sequence or tap and switch on to the next sequence.
Does anybody know any ios app that sort of does the same thing for the ipad?

I know and have played with so many apps that allow you to define your chords and assign them to pads and you map your midi controller to the pads, such as navichord or chordpolypad. But it gets hard and tiring to move your foot accurately and hit the right pads at the right time, while playing your guitar and singing as well.
So, what i need is to press just one button and the next chord gets played from my predefined sequence of chords, until all the chords are played and then my sequence loops back again.

Help please
THanks
R

Comments

• This sounds like a melodic equivalent of the Beatbuddy drum pedal. We never found an iOS equivalent of that either.

• edited August 2016

Cream Mobile , StepPolyArp, ModStep or Genome MIGHT all be useful for the quantized timing aspect of your request , each programmed differently , but you would still need to press different buttons for each chord change .

You dont explain what you want your midi chords to play , do you want to just hold a static chord the whole time , or trigger a rythmn?
    Either way , the apps I list all being sequencers/arps have timing built into their engine whereas the apps you mention you have tried dont.

They all have midi triggerable sequences which can be quantised to start at the beginning of the next bar . If you only want that sequence to be a held chord just program it .
    The problem will be learning how each app can midi trigger its sequences & quantise to the next bar .
    Do you already have any of these apps ? I will wait to see which interests you the most before I try to help explain , as each needs different programming to make this work , but I'm pretty sure any of them could .

• It would also help to know what foot controller ?

• Look up "Chord Monkey", for Lemur. B)

• ChordMonkey looks interesting , but might not have the midi sync quantise according to the overview description.
    "The template is also optimized toward playing with a live drummer. While there are some tempo controlled functions available, there is no syncing to external clocks or looping. All timing functions are designed around the ability to tap tempo in and play either chords or start short riffs in real-time that can be played closely in sync with a live drummer without the use of a click track."
    Would have to read the manual .
    I realise @rajiv.perseedoss hasnt said if he's using midiclock / link etc. I've answered assuming he is .

• If you watch the video it seems this is what it does, they use an irig blue board

Buttons one and two scroll up and down the song list.

Button three the map to on and off

Button four they map to "tap"

In operation you scroll to the desired song, then at an appropriate moment you turn it on.

It then starts playing a loop of (midi) loops each time you press button four it advances to the next loop in the loop of loops once it has played all the clips it loops back to the first one

I can't think of anyway of doing that though.

• Hi all, thanks for all the responses.
    I've spent a lot of time lately programming my midi sequences and playing them against a fixed tempo. While this is great, there are many times live when i just want to play chords and hold them for as long as i want and move to the next or previous one on my own timing, without relying on a clock or a beat tempo. This is also applicable if i just want to do a reprise of a verse at a slower pace and etc.

All of the apps i mentioned either:

• allow you to add in your chords and switch among them, but you got to press specific pads. This is applicable for navichord and chordpolypad. You have to physically trigger the chords using your midi controller or your foot controller such as the looptimus or the softstep or the irig one. I can't do that, because i then have to play my guitar, and my foot has to move a lot around and be precise and i have to sing.
    • OR, you input your chords and press play/stop, but this is fixed against a tempo and not useful for what i want to do here live.

So, what i want is an app where i can put in my chords in a particular sequence, say C F G Am G, then live tap to start playing C. Then when i'm ready to move on, i tap and F plays and i can stay here as long as i want, until I'm ready to move on to G and so on. If need be, i can tap another button to play the previous chord. And then when I'm at the end of the sequence, i'd ideally love for the next chord to loop back to C.

The desktop app i mentioned, Dreamfoot x3, does that and more.

Hope this is clearer?
    THansk
    R

• edited August 2016

@rajiv.perseedoss Seems like the Lemur Chordmonkey is for you then .

Your original description " hit the right pads at THE RIGHT TIME whilst playing & singing"
    confused me into assuming you were playing to a tempo .
    If the right time is when you feel like it , timing problem solved .

• Aleph Looper might do what you need; it has MIDI learn, and you can use that to switch from one section of a song to another. Program in the chords you want as loops, then create sections for your verse/chorus/etc.

It will be clicking away, looping at whatever tempo is set -- but will switch to the section you want at the start of the next measure.

We made the app free, so no risk to try it out.

• @Wally : I gave chordmonkey a go last night. I was blown away. I :love: it. That's exactly what I need. Another amazing thing I found was i could program several chord sequences for pattern 1 and 2 and have pattern 2 "mirror" pattern 1.
    So, i can then simply tap on pattern 1 to cycle through the chords and pattern 2 is switched automatically to the same sequence. So i can have pattern 1 chords be melody pads, pattern 2 be some melody riff, pattern 3 be some custom bass chord and etc. It's so cool.
    Thanks for mentioning it Wally. You're amazing.

@SecretBaseDesign : The aleph looper is looking to be very interesting to me live as well. As you said, i can program song sections and start with that live and then when i feel to, I can freely switch to a different section and have that spontaneity working. I will check that out tonight.

Thanks all,
    This forum and its users are amazing.

• @BiancaNeve : I cant see any video with ChordMonkey. Can you send me the link please?

Thanks
    R

• @rajiv.perseedoss said:

FTR , it was @Processaurus who suggested it actually .
    If anyone's amazing it's the people that create these things .

• @Wally said:

@rajiv.perseedoss said:

FTR , it was @Processaurus who suggested it actually .
    If anyone's amazing it's the people that create these things .

Yep, the amazing one here is the designer, @rad3d. A lot of work went into the template, it's more of an app.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/252296

• @rajiv.perseedoss said:
    @BiancaNeve : I cant see any video with ChordMonkey. Can you send me the link please?

Thanks
    R

Sorry - no video. I should put one together at some point, but haven't had a chance.

Quick FYI on ChordMonkey - it's definitely something that grew a bit more than expected, mainly to fit my own needs. Keep in mind that since it's Lemur based, it's a bit heavier on resources. And by adding in presets, it takes up some extra memory, as well. All works well for me on a 2GB Ipad Mini 4, but you'll want to keep an eye on how many other apps you're trying to run along side of it.

At some point, I plan to make a real app out of it.

I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions you might have. A few of the features (Monoriffs, etc) are still a bit rough around the edges.

• Dreamfoot app for iPad was released last November. But no Audiobus support yet.

• It seems you need an arranger app. In iOS there is still a gap only existing MidiBand or another from steinberg which does sty files. These work with midi styles (you can create your own from midi files).
    In audio realm the workflow you described is how Group the Loop works (check it) and also you can find xmure which can import xml (music sheet) from iReal pro and adapt the sequence to root note or chord in your footpedal.

I'm asking GTL developer for implement something in the line inspired by Looptunes HD and due MidiBand seems buggy and not developed anymore.
    http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussion/81/timestretch-pitchshift-and-midi#latest

Another tool for just "hit and..." is Midiflow but I'm not sure if it has transport/link cappabilities.

Finally if Modstep implements audio loops (like garageband/loopy) and chromatic pitchshiting of the whole... okno. It won't be happen.

Hope it helps.

• edited July 2017

I know this topic is a bit old but I'm not sure what was found The best solution. I imagine that it looks for something in the band-in-a-box style, but alternatively (and free) there is an app called WorshipSong Band where you can import mp3 tracks and split in sessions, being able to select the instrument (mute / unmute), volume and Other resources through an external midi controller. It may take extra work to build the multi-tracks, but it gets the way the user wants.
    Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/worshipsong-band/id569931127?mt=8

Update: Loopy have 12 audio tracks ;-)

• edited July 2017

@maya-br said:
    I know this topic is a bit old but I'm not sure what was found The best solution. I imagine that it looks for something in the band-in-a-box style, but alternatively (and free) there is an app called WorshipSong Band where you can import mp3 tracks and split in sessions, being able to select the instrument (mute / unmute), volume and Other resources through an external midi controller. It may take extra work to build the multi-tracks, but it gets the way the user wants.
    Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/worshipsong-band/id569931127?mt=8

Update: Loopy have 12 audio tracks ;-)

I found Prime which is the best Arranger-like app for me ATM. It has some limitations/drawbacks but the most powerful and midi controlled I have seen.

Loop Community PRIME por Loop Community
    https://appsto.re/es/VyLNN.i

Edit: I'm checked yours since the description seems wrote looking to Prime developers :trollface:
    Thanks for heads up!