Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Very interesting. Maybe a new age for e-drums. Curious about the rebound when playing with sticks and the durability...

• yes please!

• Interesting how he is now an established company, yet uses kickstart to launch a product like the startup he once was.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Interesting how he is now an established company, yet uses kickstart to launch a product like the startup he once was.

Not a terrible way to test the market.

• Looks like a lot of fun, I guess it will depend on price, availability and functionality as I do not understand kick starter protocol well enough to commit financially at such an early stage.

• edited August 2016

I was going to select super early bird for $150 but then it added $60 for shipping to Germany. Ouch! I guess I'll just wait and see and get it when it's officially available in German music stores next year. Sure looks promising! But the USB jack looks flimsy.
    EDIT: I did it anyways. I do want this a LOT!

• edited September 2016

Just a little update: on day 2 of the campaign there are 157 backers and over 29k $ collected. So this will be reaching the funding goal of 35k very soon! I wouldn't have expected it to go that fast.

• Am I the only one that finds the name pretty silly?

• I'm not a drummer, and I committed some $$ after watching for about 1 min, this is gonna be awesome for producers, drummers and keyboard players alike, imagine this with DPP, or Luiz Martinez's drum apps.......

• I got one of the super early birds. Looking forward to it

• Will wait till its under $100 at guitar center. Looks pretty fun though.

• ...and it passed 35.000$. Cool. Thanks OP for the heads up, b.t.w!

• edited September 2017

The BopPad is for sale now. Looks like it offers some features that no other MIDI controller has in terms of percussive expression. Given the durability of the QuNexus, and the desire to have a small setup yet be able to use drumsticks, this seems like something to look into. I like that it can mount to a standard 8mm cymbal stand. I hope Keith McMillen comes out with an iOS app to set it up although it does have a web based setup app which appears to be working with the Web MIDI app although I can't be sure as I don't have a BopPad to make sure it's sending out the correct sysex data.

• Had my eye on this for a while.....wondering how impactor and drum jam would work with it. Yes i hope they come out with an IOS editor as well (hopping other companies do the same). Here is the response email i got from Mcmillan company when i asked about it.....

"BopPad is indeed compatible with iOS -- as a class compliant USB/MIDI device all you need is an Apple Camera Connector Kit to connect it and just make sure your music software is looking at BopPad and you'll be off to the races. We've added iOS and Android to our Hardware compatibility in the Manual for the next revision which should be out shortly.
    What we don't have, however, is an iOS Editor for BopPad -- that will hopefully be down the road but for now I don't have an ETA for one. "

Fingers crossed

• I got direct confirmation from KMI that they are working on the iOS app by the way:

• edited October 2017

@breilly said:
    Had my eye on this for a while.....wondering how impactor and drum jam would work with it. Yes i hope they come out with an IOS editor as well (hopping other companies do the same). Here is the response email i got from Mcmillan company when i asked about it.....

"BopPad is indeed compatible with iOS -- as a class compliant USB/MIDI device all you need is an Apple Camera Connector Kit to connect it and just make sure your music software is looking at BopPad and you'll be off to the races. We've added iOS and Android to our Hardware compatibility in the Manual for the next revision which should be out shortly.
    What we don't have, however, is an iOS Editor for BopPad -- that will hopefully be down the road but for now I don't have an ETA for one. "

Fingers crossed

Impaktor doesn’t accept midi unfortunately, so there’s no way to use boppad with it since there’s only midi out. I got myself one and I wasn’t very successful running it into iOS apps yet. Also I bought the cheapest cymbal stand I could find for it. Turns out the stand has a 6mm thread instead of 8mm... So I don’t know, it’s collecting dust for now. Good to hear they’re working on an iOS editor. Wish they made one for the 12step as well.

• All good information above, thx!

• All their products need an editor. Hopefully the code is portable so they can finally get caught up in this regard.

• Hi all, the web editor works with the web midi browser, so there’s no need for an editor app - but it would be nice to have one.

• @Ploe said:
    Hi all, the web editor works with the web midi browser, so there’s no need for an editor app - but it would be nice to have one.

You got it to work on iOS web browser?

• Interested to know how your bop pads are holding up. I've got my eye on a used one being sold locally. The picture the owner sent me shows some curious orange markings on the skin - presumably stick marks? Not sure if I should jump on it.

• @onkey said:
    Interested to know how your bop pads are holding up. I've got my eye on a used one being sold locally. The picture the owner sent me shows some curious orange markings on the skin - presumably stick marks? Not sure if I should jump on it.

Maybe someone has marked spots to help with notes positioning and never managed to clean it off properly ;). Probably a good reason to try and get the price down if you don’t mind it yourself.

• @supadom said:

Maybe someone has marked spots to help with notes positioning and never managed to clean it off properly ;). Probably a good reason to try and get the price down if you don’t mind it yourself.

Yep the spots do look fairly uniform. Except 'owner' swears he doesn't know how they got there ;)

• no those spots are part of the sensor mechanism undeneath, i'd never noticed them before but they are just barely visible in some lights and over saturated photography shows them up more clearly. Might be worth asking support about it because it looks like a fault :)

• Same here. Never noticed those marks before and still don't see them unless I use my phone flashlight right against it. This thing is a tank--see video of car being driven over it. The only thing I worry about in the BopPad is the micro USB jack. So check that and you should be good.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Same here. Never noticed those marks before and still don't see them unless I use my phone flashlight right against it. This thing is a tank--see video of car being driven over it. The only thing I worry about in the BopPad is the micro USB jack. So check that and you should be good.

If you worry about the USB jack just buy a short extension and add it to your existing cable. It will disconnect if you pull at any angle.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Same here. Never noticed those marks before and still don't see them unless I use my phone flashlight right against it. This thing is a tank--see video of car being driven over it. The only thing I worry about in the BopPad is the micro USB jack. So check that and you should be good.

If you worry about the USB jack just buy a short extension and add it to your existing cable. It will disconnect if you pull at any angle.

Good idea, hadn't thought of that.

• @Carnbot said:
    no those spots are part of the sensor mechanism undeneath, i'd never noticed them before but they are just barely visible in some lights and over saturated photography shows them up more clearly. Might be worth asking support about it because it looks like a fault :)

Cheers! I'll check it out in person.