Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg gadget sound design tutorial

here is a sound design tutorial in korg gadget I posted to youtube a couple of weeks ago. I create presets and set some of them in a musical context.

best
hank

Comments

• Very nice tutorial, Hank. Thanks.

• Very nice tutorial. Would love to see more like this. BTW, is that your real name or a stage name? Just curious.

• Superb tutorial. Really enjoyed that.

• I'm impressed with his(@Hankastral) Kamata Contest Entry :)

Either He's found a way to 'morph' between waves or there is a heck of manual drawing going on in the automation-lanes (32 controllers with 4-bit values covers the whole wave).

To my knowledge there is no way to 'snapshot' all CCs of the currently displayed wave to the current current step in the sequencer. It is possible to 'record/play' the wave-selector to snapshots the CCs but it can't done in 'non-realtime' for more accuracy.

• Very good!

• Saw this over at Discchord, this is great stuff, thanks!

• thanks all for watching and making comments.

Samu: I had to hand draw them! But it wasn't that painful. I picked a waveform that I wanted to morph to in the wave bank and then recorded it into the sequencer in realtime mode. e.g run the sequencer with initial wave on bar 1 and press waveform 3 (or whatever) at bar 5 of 9. Then I just smoothed out the transition in all 32 lanes between the two. It surprisingly only takes a few minutes. It doesn't really matter that the new waveform isn't exactly on bar 5 (or whatever) because in this composition everything flows in and out. In other genres where you want cleaner changes then it would indeed involve more editing as you say. But if quantise is on it's quicker than you think.

best

hank

• @Hankastral said:
    But if quantise is on it's quicker than you think.

Yepp, I've been experimenting quite a bit and Kamata even inspired me to send Korg a feature request regarding a more flexible step-recording that would allow more 'sequenced-type' automation instead of 'recorded' automation.
    (Ie. edit all parameters in the UI and 'stamp' the edits to the automation lanes at the current playhead-position).

Also a feature present in the Electribes would be welcome in Gadget and that's the smooth transition from one automated parameter to the next, taken to the extremes it would be possible to set one wave at the start of the bar and another in the beginning of the next and 'Gadget' could then interpolate all the values between the automation points.

I'm quite fond of 'PPGish' wave-table synthesis so re-creating it in Kamata is an interesting challenge :)

• Hi Hank, been enjoying your Gadget vids for a while. Thanks

• Great tutorial @Hankastral . Plenty to experiment with there - once I find some time!

• @R_2 said:
    Hi Hank, been enjoying your Gadget vids for a while. Thanks

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great tutorial @Hankastral . Plenty to experiment with there - once I find some time!

great to hear you got something from it :)

• Thanks for your tutorial, watched and read both ;-)

Could not give a Thumbs-Up on Youtube, having no account.