Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

moodscaper and samples

can you load and use your own samples in moodscaper? how does it work, do samples loop and cross fade between samples on each pad? , or is it a granular waveform scanning type of thing? I'm thinking of buying, but on the fence

Comments

• You can load your own samples... Detailed info in manual here:
    http://media.wix.com/ugd/438c76_4c153d23f13e40128b2b0726789a2abe.pdf
    :)

• REALLY.
    Hmmm. I thought it was kind of an app for aromatherapy lounge DJs. Will reconsider as well. Anyone have an example of something that isn't totally new agey?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    REALLY.
    Hmmm. I thought it was kind of an app for aromatherapy lounge DJs. Will reconsider as well. Anyone have an example of something that isn't totally new agey?

...I made this using Moodscaper, amongst others... Drone, not 'new age' or new new age!

This utilised the three extra sound sets from the website...

• edited August 2016

That's marvelous. The rattling marimba skeletons at 4:30!
    Are you familiar with William Basinski? You'd like him.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    That's marvelous. The rattling marimba skeletons at 4:30!
    Are you familiar with William Basinski? You'd like him.

Thanks! Perfect description!
    Yes, a little... the disintegrating loops project was/is immense!

• @id_23 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    REALLY.

...I made this using Moodscaper, amongst others... Drone, not 'new age' or new new age!

That's cool. Followed. :)

• cool, I might just have to buy this thing

• @eross said:
    cool, I might just have to buy this thing

It IS cool.

• This song is a whole lot of Moodscaper with a fair bit of Giant Isopod and Thumjamb, with some M3000 on the ending.

Using it's looping interface leads to a fairly random/evolving fugue-ness I quite enjoy, if not thoroughly understand.

I don't think this is new age ...

https://m.soundcloud.com/eustressor-1/three-worlds-die-as-one-last

• edited August 2016

This one is all moodscaper with time spent in each of the seven sound sets (four sets are included, and you can download three more for free).

I loaded moodscaper into AUM to bring it into Audiobus. I used Mobile Convolution Reverb as an effect and Auria Pro to record it. Then I ran it through the Lurssen Mastering Console app.

• @eustressor said:
    This song is a whole lot of Moodscaper with a fair bit of Giant Isopod and Thumjamb, with some M3000 on the ending.

Using it's looping interface leads to a fairly random/evolving fugue-ness I quite enjoy, if not thoroughly understand.

Good. I might want the cornet player to be just a little (more) drunk.

I think nomenclature at this point of history is sketchy. One man's new-age is another's ambient.

• edited August 2016

@DavidEnglish said:
    This one is all moodscaper with time spent in each of the six sound sets (three sets are included, and you can download three more for free).

I loaded moodscaper into AUM to bring it into Audiobus. I used Mobile Convolution Reverb as an effect and Auria Pro to record it. Then I ran it through the Lurssen Mastering Console app.

I like this very much but I find it depresses me. This actually is a compliment. Music should take us somewhere in the heart, at its best, and this piece cuts into the part of my own organs that tend towards fatalism and an endless cabin where the black dogs live.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@eustressor said:
    This song is a whole lot of Moodscaper with a fair bit of Giant Isopod and Thumjamb, with some M3000 on the ending.

Good. I might want the cornet player to be just a little (more) drunk.

Well, he's playing a trombone, so hopefully lack of sobriety is already a factor right out of the gates :wink:

• edited August 2016

@DavidEnglish said:
    This one is all moodscaper with time spent in each of the six sound sets (three sets are included, and you can download three more for free).

This truly epic. I'm picturing our heroes cruising and banking in a giant, open top kind of hover-saucer thingie over the blistered remains of Paris or London under blood red skies. Evocative through a lens darkly :sunglasses:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@eross said:
    cool, I might just have to buy this thing

It IS cool.

Agreed, Moodscaper is the most fun I've yet had with a looper interface on iOS. No disrespect intended to Loopy, but I never quite got that one. Which makes me feel bad because Jimmy Fallon gets it ...

• edited August 2016

Thanks for the interest, and it's great to hear what you're doing with the app! Love the pieces shared here. Loading your own samples is a little fiddly at the moment as it's iTunes File Sharing (sorry) - alternatives definitely planned! I think moodscaper is best suited to sounds that swell in and out and that loop cleanly, but rules are there to be broken :wink: Also, because voices are randomly stacked, think about assigning complimentary sounds of different lengths to the same note key / button so you get additional variation. The "massive mellow modular" set has loads of that going on for example. About the loopers - thanks! For those who don't know though, the loopers in moodscaper are more like event recorders - they don't record audio like Loopy. They're more like the motion recorders in Borderlands Granular, and because of the random sound selection under the hood, you could record a chord change loop, but it'll sound different pretty much every repeat as different sounds for those key events are selected / played back. All sorts of other fun to be had with loopers, auto-population, chord substitutions etc. All in the manual. There are sound demos on moodscaper.com where you can also ping a message for questions and support. Cheers guys!

• are there tutorials in the works too?

• I think nomenclature at this point of history is sketchy. One man's new-age is another's ambient.

T'is a fine line betwixt art school & unicorns

• I'd like to do tutorials for sure, but will probably be spending most of my available time on v2.0 features initially. I'll hopefully work out a quick and easy way of doing video demos along the way. In the meantime, if there are any features or functions that aren't clear, I'll do my best to help via emails / messages etc.

• ok thanks.

• Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear and @eustressor . Much appreciated.

@eustressor, really like the idea of an open top hover-saucer. Kind of a space-age convertible.

@JohnnyGoodyear, this one does have a darker feel. It reminds me of the slow string-filled sections in the Mahler symphonies. Unfortunately, there was no uplifting Mahler-like choir in any of the current sound sets. That might have counteracted the dark mood and illuminated a path away from the deep-woods cabin.

• Unfortunately, there was no uplifting Mahler-like choir in any of the current sound sets.

I can take a look at addressing that at some point David :wink: The choir samples seem to be quite popular so I might do a choir only sound set. Loving what you're doing with the app!

• @skiphunt said:

@id_23 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    REALLY.

cheers man!
    mucho appreciated!
    J

• @id_23 said:

@skiphunt said:

@id_23 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    REALLY.

cheers man!
    mucho appreciated!
    J

sounds really good!

• edited August 2016

@moodscaper said:

Unfortunately, there was no uplifting Mahler-like choir in any of the current sound sets.

I can take a look at addressing that at some point David :wink: The choir samples seem to be quite popular so I might do a choir only sound set. Loving what you're doing with the app!

That would be great. A choir set would work well within the context of the app.

Thanks for creating such a flexible environment. For those of us who like to play improvised music, it provides a simple, easily learned structure that's open enough to explore in real time. It's the kind of environment, where if you make a mistake, it can send the music into a different direction. That chance element makes improvising so much fun. And the unexpected turns help to keep the music from falling into a rut.

• Since iTunes is now defunct, has there been an update about loading samples into Moodscaper? Can’t figure it out.

• this is the last ive heard lol