Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AUx plug, virtual Indian instruments

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swarplug/id1137879159?mt=8

Comes with Tabla, IAPs for 79 other instruments ($3 for the app, $3 per voice, buy em all for $99)
Includes fills/loops of classical Indian rhythms and melodies,
(included Tabla voice is very nice, app tests nicely in Modstep, Cubasis.)

Comments

• edited August 2016

Would like it, but that restaurant's menu is a little too rich for my appetite...

• Testing it now... Tabla is nice...took a chance on one of the additional IAP's and was not delighted :( but I'll give some other one's a try maybe there's a preview before purchase option in there somewhere

• Yep will have to stick with DrumJam for my Indian fix ;)

• Wow, that's insane. Where are you finding that pricing structure? They don't even mention it on the App Store. That would come as quite a shock to the unsuspecting buyer.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Would like it, but that restaurant's menu is a little too rich for my appetite...

I'm coming out with an app with 10,000 voices at $107 per voice. I am going to be so freaking rich!

First voice is free, though, because it's a pretty awesome app I swear.

• edited August 2016

Announcement: I am reducing the price per each additional voice to $106.99!

• @johnfromberkeley said:

Erm. Let the market decide?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Erm. Let the market decide?

Base app is free for 24 hours! Only $106,990 to complete your purchase!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I thought you Brits love your spicy Indian :wink:

• @TGiG said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I thought you Brits love your spicy Indian :wink:

A spicy Indian broke my heart once and I never even had the decency to thank her (but, yes, you're right, nothing much better in this world than a prawn bhuna....)

• If you had specific samples in mind this looks good. If not, I don't fancy getting my wallet raided!

• edited August 2016

• given samples are top quality, I'm ok with the approach...
    It's clearly mentioned on the shop page that only the tabla is included and each voice is an IAP.
    Did you ever record and edit a single acoustic instrument to the dregree it qualifies as a 'sample instrument' ? ;)

• This is just the kind of thing I'd buy instantly, if it had a decent spread of instruments for a fair price, then reasonable IAP packs. But, the idea of buying individually and $99 for the lot is ludicrous for the App Store marketplace.

• @sirdavidabraham said:
    Testing it now... Tabla is nice...took a chance on one of the additional IAP's and was not delighted :( but I'll give some other one's a try maybe there's a preview before purchase option in there somewhere

I'm guessing they're the same samples.

http://www.swarsystems.com/Instruments/VolN1.php

• @Fitz said:

@sirdavidabraham said:
    Testing it now... Tabla is nice...took a chance on one of the additional IAP's and was not delighted :( but I'll give some other one's a try maybe there's a preview before purchase option in there somewhere

That helps! Thanks.
    There's at least 4 or 5 voices (ok 7 or 8) I'm going to want here...

• @Fitz said:

@sirdavidabraham said:

Thanks...demo samples don't seem to work on mobile browsers, but I'll check these out next time I'm on a desktop

• @sirdavidabraham said:

@Fitz said:

@sirdavidabraham said:

Thanks...demo samples don't seem to work on mobile browsers, but I'll check these out next time I'm on a desktop

Weird, I got to listen on my iPad. The usual Safari

• @Littlewoodg said:

@sirdavidabraham said:

@Fitz said:

@sirdavidabraham said:

Hmm ....Maybe an iOS10 public beta limitation

• I think this is potentially really cool, assuming the patches are any good. I absolutely love the Silk and Ra VSTs, as well as Synthmasters 'Sounds of the World'. There are a few nice patches on the 'World Scales' app too. I always wanted to see more specialized instrument romplers on iOS. Also being an AU is pretty awesome.

As for pricing I think it is pretty reasonable given that the target is not the average iOS music user. It would make a better initial impression though if they made the base app free, had a free percussion and string (or wind) instrument for testing and had previewing of sounds in app. If that were the case I may be a half dozen IAP in now rather than on the fence chatting about it on a forum waiting for a Sound Test Room video. ;)

• edited August 2016

@AudioGus said:
    I think this is potentially really cool, assuming the patches are any good. I absolutely love the Silk and Ra VSTs, as well as Synthmasters 'Sounds of the World'. There are a few nice patches on the 'World Scales' app too. I always wanted to see more specialized instrument romplers on iOS. Also being an AU is pretty awesome.

Thanks for the SynthMaster 'Sounds of the World' reference, I wasn't aware of it....downloaded the IAP and love it

...now just patiently awaiting SynthMaster AU.....

• @sirdavidabraham said:

Thanks for the SynthMaster 'Sounds of the World' reference, I wasn't aware of it....downloaded the IAP and love it

...now just patiently awaiting SynthMaster AU.....

Cool, glad to hear!

• I think the tabla sounds good, and isn't too expensive to try (IMO). Also, you get quite a few Indian rhythm loops to study, so it's worth it for me. I can't see wanting all the instruments, but maybe getting some as and when.

• edited August 2016

@sirdavidabraham that must be it. I'm not on the beta, how is it for your music?
    @AudioGus I agree about the reasonableness of pricing- the $99 for 79 instruments = $1.25, per. Or $2.99 separately...as @Telefunky noted, building a real sample instrument is no small thing.

My real issue with the thing is I really dig traditional Indian sounds, favorite western music from my early years is soaked in it, so I automatically want all the voices even if I dont know yet what they all are...appoholism meets nostalgia?

• @Littlewoodg said:

>

Yep, working for me, too.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Yep will have to stick with DrumJam for my Indian fix ;)

That was my thought, too!

• @Fitz said:
    I think the tabla sounds good, and isn't too expensive to try (IMO). Also, you get quite a few Indian rhythm loops to study, so it's worth it for me. I can't see wanting all the instruments, but maybe getting some as and when.

>

App description doesn't make it clear, can this be driven by Fugue Machine?

• Will check but don't see why not. Worked perfectly with StepPolyArp.

• Quick test, Fugue Machine works fine. Forgot to mention, with; both arps I was hosting SwarPlug in Aum. Not sure if it sees midi as a stand alone.

• edited August 2016

@Littlewoodg said:
    @sirdavidabraham that must be it. I'm not on the beta, how is it for your music?

Latest beta has been quite stable for music, just the occasional graphical anomaly in other apps