Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just released, Tonebridge from Ultimate Guitar

Did some beta tests for this and it really does sound decent and is currently free.
http://www.148apps.com/app/1117291846/

Very easy to use for a quick set up.

Comments

• Huh, this is interesting. So it's a guitar sim? Like JamUp or Bias FX or AmpKit? But specific to the songs you choose? That is the tone you get? Sounds very cool. Downloadin it, but won't get a chance to play it till much later. Is there a vid showing it in action?

• Doesn't say anything about AB or IAA? You know if this is in the works?

• Stand alone unfortunately so far.

• The sound samples sound pretty damn good. Can't wait to give it a shot. Cannibal Corpse, but no Carcass!!!! lol.....

Are these accessible off line too? Needs AB and IAA!!

• I'm not sure on offline, I think the ones you download only perhaps? I tried it offline at a friends two nights ago and only the ones I had used were available off line.

• Another problem that never got fixed in beta was the open tab feature, it takes you to the ultimate guitar app but not to the tab. This app definetly needs some more love from the developer.

• Okay, looks like iPad only and about 31MB. I mean, sure I'll try it for free! Interesting concept to link preset tones to famous songs and have that be the whole selling point of the app. May be more accessible to some newer players.

• Holy carp the privacy policy!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/privacy.htm

For an app of this type, of which there exist loads (and I have too many), lots with much more functionality, that privacy policy is too scary with its email-to-specify-opt-out-prefs-of-what-we-auto-opted-you-into-itemised-in-the-near-ebay-sized-privacy-policy.

No wonder it's "free".

No thank you.

• edited August 2016

Pretty much just for fun playing and practicing with friends, ect. Hardly a production tool. It is very good for what it is meant to be used for. I know of no other app like it currently. For my own work I prefer Jampup Pro, Flying Haggis or some other similar app of which I already have a couple others as well. Very interesting however how they get such nice sound using so few pedals at once. Perhaps they will consider a stand alone app in the future.
    As far as their policy I am not at all concerned given I tend to stay on the legal side of things. If however your intent is nefarious I too would stay clear.

• Well certainly if you're happy for the app company to have all your device, browser, location, IP address, social network info and other identifying details, and for them to automatically share those details with a bunch of other organisations who along with the app devs will all spam your emailbox, by all means, give your privacy away to all.

Not sure what being legal or nefarious has to do with deliberately increasing one's vulnerability to identity theft and other privacy-related risks. Perhaps I am missing something.

• Eeek!
    Thanks for the warning @decibelle

• @DeVlaeminck My pleasure, glad to help.

• @decibelle said:
    Well certainly if you're happy for the app company to have all your device, browser, location, IP address, social network info and other identifying details, and for them to automatically share those details with a bunch of other organisations who along with the app devs will all spam your emailbox, by all means, give your privacy away to all.

Not sure what being legal or nefarious has to do with deliberately increasing one's vulnerability to identity theft and other privacy-related risks. Perhaps I am missing something.

Looks like you would have to opt-in or sometimes opt-out of them giving info outside of their own organisations, or am I missing something?

• Looks like they want information to sell you their library as well as to generate ad revenue from other companies: "Advertising Info

If you seek to reach guitar professionals, young musicians or just music enthusiasts, Ultimate-Guitar.Com is your advertising arena!"

• edited August 2016

My box remains mostly spam free thankfully. Having fun and enjoying life here still. My motto for today, relax and remain joyful making joyful noises. I have been using ultimate guitar for quite some time now(pro version). And find that highly useful. No spam from them so far after all this time.

• @Tritonman said:
    Pretty much just for fun playing and practicing with friends, ect. Hardly a production tool. It is very good for what it is meant to be used for. I know of no other app like it currently. For my own work I prefer Jampup Pro, Flying Haggis or some other similar app of which I already have a couple others as well. Very interesting however how they get such nice sound using so few pedals at once. Perhaps they will consider a stand alone app in the future.

Yeah, I doubt it's anywhere near as good as JamUp, BIAS, ToneStack, etc., but I guess it doesn't hurt to have another option.

I go back and forth on the state of guitar modeling on iPad. Until this past month, I was always behind the game with my 2011 iPad2. You could run just about any of the guitar apps with that iPad, but usually with a hint of latency, and trying to record it along with other apps running was often a nightmare. Latency, audio glitches, and troubleshooting will kill the musicmaking process for me even more quickly than my own apathy and total lack of skill.

Now I have a iPad Pro 12.9", so I am interested in revisiting some of the apps that frustrated me earlier.

• I'm just not in the market for another one right now.

• Interesting approach but without Audiobus its of no use to me.

• edited August 2016

@decibelle said:
    Holy carp the privacy policy!

For an app of this type, of which there exist loads (and I have too many), lots with much more functionality, that privacy policy is too scary with its email-to-specify-opt-out-prefs-of-what-we-auto-opted-you-into-itemised-in-the-near-ebay-sized-privacy-policy.

No wonder it's "free".

No thank you.

Yea, i dont trust anything related to ultimate guitar, especially if its free, since their policy usually seems to be borderline scam as much money as possible

• @decibelle said:
    Holy carp the privacy policy!

No wonder it's "free".

No thank you.

But app doesn't ask you to provide email or any other personal information. You can just use it and do it for free.

Moreover, UG doesn't use emails for spam (and definitely doesn't sell their base)... we even don't have email subscriptions (used to be weekly digest ads-free but it was disabled)
    to prove my point -->

@Tritonman said:
    My box remains mostly spam free thankfully. Having fun and enjoying life here still. My motto for today, relax and remain joyful making joyful noises. I have been using ultimate guitar for quite some time now(pro version). And find that highly useful. No spam from them so far after all this time.

• @shura_fyi said:

But app doesn't ask you to provide email or any other personal information. You can just use it and do it for free.

Moreover, UG doesn't use emails for spam (and definitely doesn't sell their base)... we even don't have email subscriptions (used to be weekly digest ads-free but it was disabled)

Email addresses are used for things other than spam, there is identity monitoring also. Most of the time when personal info is shared, the monitoring it is used for is covert. You think companies want to lose their customers by publicly announcing how they use our data to monitor us?

Also, apps can and do quietly collect all sorts of data about us and our devices and they send it all back to the devs, and to Apple, and who knows what Apple and the app devs share between them? You think the Apple Developer NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) is just about keeping secrets about kittens and butterflies?

So you can "just" use that app for "free", and in exchange it gets to send all your details back to UG. If you're good with that, then by all means go for it.

Hard-to-read privacy policies are that way on purpose, precisely to prevent people from reading them and understanding what's in them. From my experience, the mere existence of a bulky privacy policy tends to steer me quickly elsewhere. Maybe an exceptionally useful app could be worth that price, possibly, but usually I find that for most apps, this kind of "free" is much too heavy a price.

And anyway for apps that are exceptionally useful, I find that more often than not they are coded by people who are more transparent and considerate in their business practices. Not always, but often.

• edited August 2016

Now I can not get this song out of my head!

• edited August 2016

@shura_fyi said:
    >

Yeah but they state they will collect personal data from your device.

Regardless of how trustworthy, or not, this company is - I wouldn't want my personal details spread around the internet for all and sundry to access.

• edited August 2016

Having a hard time imagining that they are finding much interesting on my device but hey some people are just bored and have way too much time on their hands. They will perhaps get their money's worth.(free).

• @Tritonman said:
    Having a hard time imagining that they are finding much interesting on my device but hey some people are just bored and have way too much time on their hands. They will perhaps get their money's worth.(free).

"And now we present the PSA poster alerting people to commonplace high risk personal belief systems/habits and their disastrous consequences. To the right you'll see the poster child for "before" the fantasy is shattered."

• edited August 2016

Now how cool is that, I am on a poster! Thanks cowgirl.

• Oh you're not using the app at all, you're actually dicking us around and putting silent readers at risk just for your personal lolzz. I see.

• @Tritonman said:
    Having a hard time imagining that they are finding much interesting on my device

You'd be surprised what nefarious minds can make from scraps of seemingly disparate content.

• Actually I am using Jamup Pro once again but still loving using it with UG at the same time.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Tritonman said:
    Having a hard time imagining that they are finding much interesting on my device

You'd be surprised what nefarious minds can make from scraps of seemingly disparate content.

Ha, not at all as witnessed on this thread. Lol.