Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus Update

Just saw this picture on a website,just thought I share, when can we expect this update

http://iosmusicandyou.com/

Comments

• The update is currently waiting to be reviewed by Apple. Ideally it shouldn't be more than a few more days but we can't be certain about this.

• Has it been tested w/ iOS 6.1?

• Now it has. I've played with it for half an hour and did't come across any problems.

• Sebastian, are there any more goodies in the update besides the latency switch?

• It's not a major update with regards to features - just a few minor bug fixes and a battery indicator in the main window. But the latency thing is kind of a big deal because it makes Audiobus much more usable on an iPad 2 and iPad mini with CPU hungry apps like iPolysix and other upcoming stuff.

We've got other new stuff that we're working on but in the last 6 weeks after the launch we've mostly focussed on stability and making sure that more and more developers have access to the SDK.

• Sebastian thanks for your response.

• You're very welcome.

• Hurray for Sebastian and hurray for Audiobus!

• Sebastian, that's an interesting thing you just said. I own an iPad 3, and as far as I understand, the CPU power is essentially unchanged from the iPad 2 (the difference with the A5X is on the GPU side). Of course it has twice as much memory, but when you say the upcoming latency change will improve performance for CPU hungry apps on the iPad 2/Mini, did you intentionally exclude the iPad 3 from that list? Meaning there is some substantive CPU difference with the 3 after all (factoring out the memory increase)?

• We are rolling :-) !!!

Now all I need is cubasis update.

• edited January 2013

@busker: The iPad 3 (for some reason) has far better multi-tasking capabilities than the iPad 2. Typical iOS benchmarks don't do it justice because as far as I can tell none of them test for a multi-tasking scenario.

TL;DR: We're so bleeding edge that there are no benchmarks for what we do yet.

• That must be an extra RAM thing, right?

• It shouldn't be ram related since it is also noticeable in circumstances where RAM is not utilised to the maximum amount.

• edited February 2013