Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

STRANGER THINGS - TV Show's soundtrack.

Anybody else loving the soundtrack for Stranger Things?

Read a recent article that it was performed by 2 members of Synth band Survive.

Checked them out on Bandcamp and fell in love with this early 2 track Ep...

https://survive.bandcamp.com/album/tllt21

So good!

Comments

• Was just listening to it yesterday. Awesome music. Pretty good show.

• Great show and even cooler soundtrack! Good catch @SpookyZoo.

• I did love this soundtrack. It's been the hot topic at music production forums across the Internet. I imagine Model 15 or the Korg synths would be great tools for this sort of thing.

• edited August 2016

Yeah model 15, iMini, ipoly, animoog, Viking, fugue are a good start.
    Arps, basses, pads, sfx

• Mrs. Goodyear gives it two thumbs disconcertingly up. And she's a tough critic.

• That song is amazing.
    The show is amazing.
    This guy is amazing...(uses iPad sometimes too)

• John Carpenter style. Love it

• Someone made a cover using iOS garage band. Pretty cool

• Loved the soundtrack on the show, I was trying to figure out if soft synths had gotten to the point where they sounded that rich. In this article, they talk about being obsesive collectors of analog synths, though, so I guess that's the answer... Not that you couldn't make something close with gadget or animoog.

rollingstone.com/music/features/stranger-things-survive-talk-their-creepy-nostalgic-score-w431789

• Brilliant show and soundtrack, finished watching last night, hope they make season 2

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Brilliant show and soundtrack, finished watching last night, hope they make season 2

i think a season 2 is pretty much guaranteed!!

• I liked the theme to the TV show Touch, done by Wendy and Lisa (of Prince fame). It won the Emmy.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Brilliant show and soundtrack, finished watching last night, hope they make season 2

5th episode watched last night. 3 left to go. Really enjoying the whole 80s vibe of the show & sound.

@Redo1 said:
    Yeah model 15, iMini, ipoly, animoog, Viking, fugue are a good start.
    Arps, basses, pads, sfx

You're not wrong. I was 'arping' iMini & Model 15 last night and getting some great similar stuff to the show.

• S U R V I V E does the soundtrack. They live where I live in Austin and their shows are incredible.

• I will play contrarian curmudgeon... couldn't wait for the 80s to be over, glad they still are. :)

• My Netflix experience changed dramatically when I started watching shows with my Sony MDR headphones. The soundtracks suddenly came alive.

Now this... May be the logical conclusion: the first time I've wanted to see a show just for the soundtrack.

• I watched the all episodes and is really cool.

• edited August 2016

@Aphex said:
    I watched the all episodes and is really cool.

Yeah usually those shows go downhill quick but this one entertained me till the end. The last episode seemed a bit rushed though. Found that one to have some lower quality dialogue and action scenes. Still tuning in next season.
    The music is just awesome.

• @raindro said:
    S U R V I V E does the soundtrack. They live where I live in Austin and their shows are incredible.

Another Austinite, eh :).....hear good things about this lot. Where have you seen them?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@raindro said:
    S U R V I V E does the soundtrack. They live where I live in Austin and their shows are incredible.

Another Austinite, eh :).....hear good things about this lot. Where have you seen them?

Same, same. (Same place, same question)

• The producers have announced that they will be releasing an official soundtrack for the show.

No word yet on whether there will be a vinyl, cassette, or 8-Track release. :)

• I just binged it this weekend. What a show! The soundtrack was amazing. No sign of an album yet though. :( As a John Carpenter fan it was really enjoyable. So many references to the early 80s I remember.

• edited August 2016

I just did the weekend binge too. The music really did work well, as cheesy as the Terminator werbwerb synth is. I hope when they get to High School they amp up the mullets on the side characters.

anyway, as for the story/characters it is a fun enough 'spot the 80s' game but I think it leaned way too heavy on cut and paste nostalgia for my liking. Strip that all away, not much left. Rather than being in a world with characters sharing their experience (some acting was great, some far from it) I was distracted anticipating the next reference and looking at it too 'meta' all the time. Oh this references that and this is ET in the closet and rather than fly over the bad guys the bad guys got flipped over them and etc etc, it was like some Simpsons episodes that way.

The high concept nostalgia seems like it is resonating most with people in that rather than react 'Yawn, seen this before.', that people are reacting 'Cool, seen this before!.' I guess as the great 80s poet Huey Lewis once said, 'That's the power of love.'

6.5/10 (Breaking Bad gets a 9)

• @AudioGus said:

Breaking Bad is a 9?

What gets a 10 for you, then?

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@AudioGus said:

Breaking Bad is a 9?

Still looking. :)

• @AudioGus said:
    I just did the weekend binge too. The music really did work well, as cheesy as the Terminator werbwerb synth is. I hope when they get to High School they amp up the mullets on the side characters.

anyway, as for the story/characters it is a fun enough 'spot the 80s' game but I think it leaned way too heavy on cut and paste nostalgia for my liking. Strip that all away, not much left. Rather than being in a world with characters sharing their experience (some acting was great, some far from it) I was distracted anticipating the next reference and looking at it too 'meta' all the time. Oh this references that and this is ET in the closet and rather than fly over the bad guys the bad guys got flipped over them and etc etc, it was like some Simpsons episodes that way.

The high concept nostalgia seems like it is resonating most with people in that rather than react 'Yawn, seen this before.', that people are reacting 'Cool, seen this before!.' I guess as the great 80s poet Huey Lewis once said, 'That's the power of love.'

I've been saying that its constant "ooh look, it's the 80s" referencing very much makes the series lack any actual heart (for me). It's too "staged", which is a problem that Super 8 also suffered from.

I also find it utterly devoid of fresh ideas or genuine scares, much like Wayward Pines. I'm a little fatigued already by the last few years' 70s/80s-referencing horror. And their soundtracks....once you've heard 10 Carpenter-light ominous bass arp, it's pretty much done.

I'm not saying the people who love it are wrong, though. I'm very easily bored by TV shows. Except (the sadly not hyped) The Leftovers.

• edited August 2016

@sleepless said:
    I also find it utterly devoid of fresh ideas or genuine scares, much like Wayward Pines. I'm a little fatigued already by the last few years' 70s/80s-referencing horror. And their soundtracks....once you've heard 10 Carpenter-light ominous bass arp, it's pretty much done.

I'm just waiting for the 80s sitcom flashback wave. Lets get some Nightcourt and Golden Girls mashups, YUM!

• @AudioGus said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@AudioGus said:

Breaking Bad is a 9?

Still looking. :)

Try firefly if you haven't seen it, altho at two seasons long it's a heart breaker.

• edited August 2016

Hey speaking of tv and terminator, firefly, and rare tv quality, Sarah Connor chronicles was one of the very few shows I enjoyed for more than a couple episodes. It does go downhill but not till after the second season iirc.