Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Amazing collection of analog synths

I was not familiar with Junkie XL, but his Youtube channel has some amazing discussions / tutorials on his music production process, including sound tracks for some recent blockbuster movies. His discussion on the creation process for the recent Mad Max installment are really interesting. I downloaded an am enjoying the score as I type, which is amazing.

In this video, he shows his jaw-dropping collection of vintage analog synths.

Comments

• my god. i would kill for either one of those modular walls.

• edited June 2016

No need to kill. Just make some generic EDM or stupid rap (not a reflection on this just saying what sells).

• edited June 2016

But accurate.
    It says a lot that that angry sequenced beginning he thinks sounds like "I Feel Love."
    I don't get the fetishism here. This is just as ridiculous as Nigel Tufnel's guitar room. I had an Oberheim DX in my basement. Gave it to my cool sound-designing cousin because all these sounds can be found on my iPad.

• and something else, shifted thirty-one degrees, etc.

• I would happily make some generic EDM or stupid rap if it enabled me to have that nice of a studio and all that awesome gear. Then if I ever had the urge to use an iPad to make music that no one will listen to I could still do it quite comfortably on one of the sofa's in the middle of the studio surrounded by all that gear.

• Am I the only one thinking that must be a nightmare to have to dust and vacuum around?

• @u0421793 said:
    Am I the only one thinking that must be a nightmare to have to dust and vacuum around?

Yes, you are the only one. Probably true though.

• @PhilW said:

@u0421793 said:
    Am I the only one thinking that must be a nightmare to have to dust and vacuum around?

Yes, you are the only one. Probably true though.

Pretty sure that if he can afford all those synths he can afford a cleaning staff whose sole purpose is to keep them shiny....

• All that gear and yet he makes generic dubstep or sub-Zimmer soundtracks...

• Interesting video, but spoiled by the worst fucking camera work. Vertigo inducing!

• the ceiling in his room is at least 30 feet high but he's only 6ft tall at the most, wtf is up with that?

• @kobamoto said:
    the ceiling in his room is at least 30 feet high but he's only 6ft tall at the most, wtf is up with that?

He has a friend with very big hair.

• Heaven, but 7 came before 5? Did it not.