Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is it me, or...are there AB supported apps that "settings" controls to use properly?

edited January 2013 in General App Discussion

I swear, I think I need a guide on midi/audio/input/ouput/clock "compatible" apps to get 50% of what I do in using AB and "paid" "compatible" apps to work together.

Jam Up Pro is a good example, I love the FX, but for the love of God, I can't find a way to "sync" it when it's in the "effect" slot.

Animoog is another one, where it sometimes sees an external app, but doesn't, because you have to fudge around in the settings to get the other app to show up in the list, if it will...

Drumjam I love, but why can't I get it to sync start with DAW?

It's probably me......

Comments

• MultiTrack DAW does not yet support MIDI clock sync, as far as I can tell, which explains why you can't sync start it with any app. I'm guessing JamUp is in the same situation.

• If I could only get a list of 100% AB "comparability" apps.

"Audiobus supported" doesn't seem to be descriptive enough.

• BTW, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Thumbjam, (and Drumjam!!! Pete!) some of the best iOS mid/synth controllers from the git go.

Classic app/controller/synth/sampler/loopers....

GO SONOSAURUS!

• there seems to be a misunderstanding. Audiobus connects the audio stream between apps. If you want to sync apps with MIDI clock, you will have to take a close look if either app can send/receive MIDI clock, or alternatively, WIST: This hasn't changed with Audiobus. It may change with future updates, but I don't think this will be easy to do, and may not be implemented at all. We'll see.

• WIST works not on the same device,you would need a second one for this.

• ah, yes, I forgot. Thanks.

• i wonder why theres still no way to sync the WIST compatible apps from a desktop DAW like Logic.